Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
I hope they are really making big sales instead of people leaving them due to no sales .

Doubt they sold 1k names in past month, but it would be nice. That said, I also had a nice sale yesterday :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
Congrats, Gina. Can you share the name? Will you begin submitting names again now that you have your first sale at BB?

I'm not sure I can reveal it just yet, but it's a 7 letter name with an international favor. Not one of my highest value names, but the 1k sure came in handy with taxes coming up;) And yes...I'll get back to regging new names @ $2-$3 on GD while dropping a bunch of others. I'll definitely submit to BB first.

•••
Submitted my first 7 names to Brandbucket today, hoping to have a few accepted, wish me luck!

•••
I've sold the following on BB in the last 30 days with one more pending. A number of them were some of my older names on BB, so it is always nice to see that inventory move.

R A I S E L Y
S A F E T H I N G S
C R O W D B O A R D
M O D U R O
Q U A T R I N O
S T A T L Y
E X A C T L Y R I G H T
W O R K I N G C R O W D
C E R T U P
S T A R T H I V E

•••
•••
Thanks! It was a name that I looked up multiple times, and about 8-10 months ago I saw it was dropping. I was very surprised that no one else back-ordered it.

•••
Where does brand bucket advertise to make the big sales?

Edit

I have a domain there and just waiting for my first sale.

•••
They do a fair amount of digital marketing, but they also have very good connections inside the VC and startup communities.

•••
I've sold the following on BB in the last 30 days with one more pending. A number of them were some of my older names on BB, so it is always nice to see that inventory move.
Some very good sales in there, and I see that at least 4 of those were $4-6k range. Looks like you had a very good month.

•••
Thanks. Yes, March was a very good month!

•••
I just got a domain accepted............but I have my doubts

For starters I don't like the fixed price its way too low even before BB takes its 30% share of it

Second support has been veeeery vague regarding listing fees, the duration of the listing and if I will get the fee back if it doesn't sells within the period

I'm not sure if I understood it correctly but it seems they will keep relisting my .com over and over

I've asked for a refund.

Did you get your refund?

•••
Did you get your refund?

I don't remember the full situation here. It was something to do with policy changes right?

I do remember speaking to their support (or the site owner?) and all going smoothly. I'm pretty sure I got a refund, but I think my case was because they changed their policies in major ways a few days after I signed a name up with them.

•••
For starters I don't like the fixed price its way too low even before BB takes its 30% share of it

You can email their support and ask for a review. They may accept a price increase. I've done this a few times succesfully.

Second support has been veeeery vague regarding listing fees, the duration of the listing and if I will get the fee back if it doesn't sells within the period

I'm not sure if I understood it correctly but it seems they will keep relisting my .com over and over

As long as you forward the name the listing will stay live. There's no limit to the listing duration. AFAIK they don't refund listing costs unless there's some reason you cant list the name prior to it going live. They seem quite flexible and accommodating to sellers from my experience. YMMV.

•••
After almost 6 weeks, 3 of my domains got approved. Now i'm trying to Validate DNS but their system telling me that my domains are not validated. Someone know what should I do ?

•••
After almost 6 weeks, 3 of my domains got approved. Now i'm trying to Validate DNS but their system telling me that my domains are not validated. Someone know what should I do ?
I have had to wait up to a day in the past for the DNS validation to be recognized. My recommendation is - give it some time.

•••
My recommendation is - give it some time.

They also seem to use a network which caches requests. I use forwarding personally, and find that if validation fails it may require a couple of hours before it can be rechecked. This is regardless of how things resolve for me locally.

You can also check your DNS set up to ensure that you are in fact using their DNS servers. Use Pingtools or similar.

•••
Today another one of my domains got accepted :)

Last edited:
•••
I sent my first two ever in early Feb and got one approved and one denied today.

•••
Did anyone get approved March submissions?

•••
My first submissions to BrandBucket between 2/23 and 2/27 were reviewed.

5/17 were accepted.

Surprising to me (though based on research and not experience), the better of my submissions were not accepted: Qualityy and Sponzori

And I didn't have high hopes of acceptance for the one that fetched the highest price. I guess I have a lot to learn. But I'll gladly accept a 5/17 ratio for my first attempts.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back