Dynadot
NameSilo
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
False Alarm! The new 404 update for all classes of domains tricked me! :playful:

But one fact remains true => There hasn't been any significant growth in sales ever since BB executives
decided to flood their inventory from about mid 25K to about 45K with mediocre domains over the past months.

They almost doubled the inventory size over the past months and yet still averaging about 80 sales per month instead of about 120-150 sales as they initially thought during the boardroom meeting. Maybe it isn't a numbers game after all?

If a company was proud of their performance they would be publishing the sales newsletter every often and not looking for a moment where they will see a sudden spike in sales and pounce on it, right?

Last edited:
•••
•••
But one fact remains true => There hasn't been any significant growth in sales ever since BB executives
decided to flood their inventory from about mid 25K to about 45K with mediocre domains over the past months.

They almost doubled the inventory size over the past months and yet still averaging about 80 sales per month instead of about 120-150 sales as they initially thought during the boardroom meeting. Maybe it isn't a numbers game after all?

If a company was proud of their performance they would be publishing the sales newsletter every often and not looking for a moment where they will see a sudden spike in sales and pounce on it, right?
"They almost doubled the inventory size over the past months and yet still averaging about 80 sales per month instead of about 120-150 sales as they initially thought during the boardroom meeting."

What would you know what they discuss? Have you bugged the boardroom?

•••
"They almost doubled the inventory size over the past months and yet still averaging about 80 sales per month instead of about 120-150 sales as they initially thought during the boardroom meeting."

What would you know what they discuss? Have you bugged the boardroom?

I wouldn't put it past him/her to bug the board room, but my guess is he/she used Google...

Quote from article written April 7th, 2016 from OnlineDomain.com HERE

“In 2015 we demonstrated that we could stay on course for sales even as we dramatically expanded our inventory and community of sellers. As a result of our internal growth, web traffic growth, and continued referrals from satisfied customers, we more than doubled sales within two years” commented Michael Krell, Managing Director of BrandBucket.

BrandBucket attributes its success to its process of hand-selecting each domain name. Each name is vetted for quality based on a set of linguistic criteria and priced accordingly. Over 400,000 names have been submitted with only 40,000 names approved. BrandBucket acts as an escrow agent between the name seller and the buyer.

This article was written when bb had only 27,761 domains -- per article screenshot. (April 2016)
Today, they have 45,683 domains.
On June 20th, 2017 BB had 46,662.
They are nearly down 1,000 domains +/- domains added / sold in the last three weeks.

•••
•••
•••
merrchant(com) jammed the conveyor belt. The owner might want to take a look at it.

•••
merrchant(com) jammed the conveyor belt. The owner might want to take a look at it.
Good catch. Looks like somehow that domain is being directed to potential malware.

•••
99% of end users wouldn't know what an escrow company is.

A buyer would feel more comfortable buying from BB from a valuation point of view than buying from a private seller. End users would feel less ripped off buying from BB.
Lmao 99% of people dont know what passport is until they board a plane and check-in asks for passport.

•••
Good catch. Looks like somehow that domain is being directed to potential malware.

Does this means there's a possibility of changing name server or redirecting to BB and still have the domain point somewhere else instead of the real landing page? :sneaky:

Maybe I need a monitoring system for this specific checks. (domain leakage checks):writer: :hungry:

This issue also exits with other marketplaces and landing pages providers..

Last edited:
•••
Does this means there's a possibility of changing name server or redirecting to BB and still have the domain point somewhere else instead of the real landing page?
BB validation can be done either by DNS or forwarding. If you use forwarding it's pretty easy to conditionally change things around and still have your name validate. Requests for that particular name appear to be doing a couple of identical 302s without getting in a loop, and then a 301 to BB. There could well be some payload being served to some clients in between those 302s. I'm not visiting that URL directly, so be very careful if you do.

•••

Do you know how long it's been off the conveyor belt?

Maybe I need a monitoring system for this specific checks. (domain leakage checks):writer: :hungry:

I ask the above because from what I remember BB is pretty good about detecting domains not properly forwarding. They detect and take actions to protect themselves / sellers / buyers and remove domains not forwarding in what 5 days or something like that?

Whereas other exclusive brandable marketplaces have been known to have improperly forwarded names (some owned by huge domains) for 1+ years without taking action.

•••
BB validation can be done either by DNS or forwarding. If you use forwarding it's pretty easy to conditionally change things around and still have your name validate. Requests for that particular name appear to be doing a couple of identical 302s without getting in a loop, and then a 301 to BB. There could well be some payload being served to some clients in between those 302s. I'm not visiting that URL directly, so be very careful if you do.

I meant from marketplace end point. That it can still be possible to have a name correctly validated but the marketplace ends up knowingly/unknowingly sending/redirecting your domain elsewhere instead of the required destination.

None has experience this before?

Last edited:
•••
•••
How are 4L.com names doing on BB these days?

•••
How are 4L.com names doing on BB these days?

I still have 4L as rank (0.5) 7/14 4rm BB but have not yet refreshed the system.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Your only luck was that some of the admin's are BB supporters, but I have a feeling that your luck is going to end.
Hello,

NamePros does not have any special relationship with BB. We never have. I realize that when rules are enforced, it's easy to draw those conclusions, but we enforce the rules the same, always.

If one of your posts are removed for being off topic, then you are more than welcome to start a new thread on that topic, as long as its within the rules (it most likely is within the rules if you start a new thread).

It should be noted that NamePros and BrandBucket are two completely different entities and have no ties to one another. The majority of our moderators do not use BB (Myself and Amanda have never used it). There may only be a single moderator or two on our entire team that has ever used BB. I can assure you that we have no reason to give BrandBucket any special treatment (they are not a partner of ours and their company has never paid us any money). I'll repeat: we have no relationship with them and never have.

We enforce all the rules equally and play no favorites. Representatives of BrandBucket are subject to the same rules and policies as everyone else.

If you have any questions about our actions or policies, or how we handle things, please contact support, and we’ll be happy to discuss it. It may not be discussed in this thread, because that disrupts its flow and topic.

Thanks for understanding,

•••
What does that mean?

It means it's the 7th best performing out 14 different character length. Hence rank 0.5

According to brandroot it's 0.54 6/11

Want to know it's rank too for startup data and namebio data? :)

Note: Data not yet refreshed.

Last edited:
•••
It means it's the 7th best performing out 14 different character length. Hence rank 0.5

Does this mean there are 6 different character lengths that have a higher sell-through rate than 4L's? I would find that hard to believe.

•••
According to brandroot it's 0.54 6/11

Due to personal gripes - I don't think BR should be considered measurable data.

•••
Does this mean there are 6 different character lengths that have a higher sell-through rate than 4L's? I would find that hard to believe.

Well my friend that is what I have.

Not many has respect for brandroot but it still says similar things..

If run the same thing on namebio data I am sure it will be similar thing. (which I already had but stopped half way due to data overload )

How about I run it on all startup data that dngeek posted as it will be faster?
Or get data from dngeek and ask someone that you trust better to run it for you?

If my estimates are far from accuracy then I owe you a 4L .com domain that must be accepted by brandbucket and if I am right then vice versa?

Deal?

Anyone?

Last edited:
•••
•••
I think he means that there are far less 4L sales so it ranks lower on the list. Many more names sell that are 6L or higher so they would be higher up on the list.

•••
I think he means that there are far less 4L sales so it ranks lower on the list. Many more names sell that are 6L or higher so they would be higher up on the list.

Sounds like you had the blueprint way before I did.. (y)
Well you have 5+ years more experience than myself.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back