Domain Empire

sales Brandable Daily Sales Analysis

Spaceship
Watch

Dnbolt

Top Member
Impact
Started a series called Brandable Daily Sales Analysis and would like to share some useful discoveries.
Lets now dive in.

First would be Fitalytics (dot) com

Note the following.

Registration Date: 2010-06-02

Month of Sale: 2016-05

Domain Length: 10 Characters

Domain History:
brandbucket-domains.png

As you can see the current nameserver from the image suggests that the domain was recently added to brandbucket marketplace. Also that the domain was first registered back in 2008 although the current registration date is 2010-06-02 We can also see that it’s very likely that the domain has changed hands prior its sale on brandbucket.

Other Extensions : 1 other extensions has been taken

Google Popularity: On Google first page results it has 9 similar mentions excluding where domain is brandbucket. The most interesting part is that the name “Fitalytic” was mentioned on CrunchBase. We can conclude that it’s Google Popularity is strong.

Social Handles: It’sTwitter has been taking since 2012. The Facebook handle has also been taken.

Dictionary Keywords: Fit, and Italy.

Brandbucket Sold Keyword: Aly Example of sold domain that contain such keyword dailydealy.com .

Other Keywords: Taly, Alytic, Aly

Similar End User Domain currently in use: talytics.com This simply suggests some trends from the word Alytic.

Read More

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I will only admit BB is a failure..
I asked you only about your personal selling experience. I don't think anyone anywhere is claiming that BB is a failure. I personally think they've built a great business, and I wish them continued success. I have my own views about the viability of their platform from a seller's perspective, but that doesn't equate to them being a failure by any means.

I think it would be nice for you to come out and state what your own selling experience is with them. I wont ask again as you have the right to your own privacy, but I think you should expect to be asked if you continue to offer opinions and advice on selling via their marketplace.

•••
Techtravel (com) another nice one after seeing sold names such as techtuna, techwhale

•••
Techtravel (com) another nice one after seeing sold names such as techtuna, techwhale

Looks like BB has sold 19 names in the first five days of this month. Very nice!

•••
Looks like BB has sold 19 names in the first five days of this month. Very nice!
I'd love to know the average listing duration for those sold names. I'm willing to bet most are recent listings.

•••
I'd love to know the average listing duration for those sold names. I'm willing to bet most are recent listings.

I'm sure @Dnbolt can help answer that. Why are you thinking they are recent listings? With the new search algorithm I'm thinking older names are getting a lot of exposure.

•••
I'm sure @Dnbolt can help answer that. Why are you thinking they are recent listings? With the new search algorithm I'm thinking older names are getting a lot of exposure.

Yes the names are recent listings, and there are some names that I wouldn't know the specific date it was first listed on brandbucket due to past technical issues.

•••
Why are you thinking they are recent listings?
Until just recently search bubbled up newer names. Exposure in email newsletter also skews sales to newer names. My personal experience is a single sale in the last~3 months from 895 names listed. Most of the sales I see reported now seem to be coming from newer sellers, but I'm unsure as this is just anecdotal. I've intentionally stopped listing to see what happens. In all likelihood I'll be removing a number of my names shortly.

Yes the names are recent listings
Can you be more specific please? If love to know the average listing age of those 19 names if you can supply that data.

•••
you have 895 names and 1 sale ........dont u think there is something seriously wrong here...so does quality speaks more than quantity ?
Until just recently search bubbled up newer names. Exposure in email newsletter also skews sales to newer names. My personal experience is a single sale in the last~3 months from 895 names listed. Most of the sales I see reported now seem to be coming from newer sellers, but I'm unsure as this is just anecdotal. I've intentionally stopped listing to see what happens. In all likelihood I'll be removing a number of my names shortly.

Can you be more specific please? If love to know the average listing age of those 19 names if you can supply that data.

•••
you have 895 names and 1 sale ........dont u think there is something seriously wrong here...so does quality speaks more than quantity ?
You hit the nail on the head.

I would also question quality.

•••
Quality and what a certain end user like do actually play a very significant role here. I have seen people with 400+ names and making almost three sales a month and speaking from my personal experience so far , the time I sold my first name I had 5 names listed. Then they became 4 and I added another 4 or 3 and another sale happened. So certainly , the beauty of BB is that you cannot expect when a sale might actually. My first sale I was about to complain and say it is no where to be seen cause it was in a kinda of crowded caterogy then it sold.

•••
Quality and what a certain end user like do actually play a very significant role here. I have seen people with 400+ names and making almost three sales a month and speaking from my personal experience so far , the time I sold my first name I had 5 names listed. Then they became 4 and I added another 4 or 3 and another sale happened. So certainly , the beauty of BB is that you cannot expect when a sale might actually. My first sale I was about to complain and say it is no where to be seen cause it was in a kinda of crowded caterogy then it sold.

So all ur sold names was hand reg or after market names acquired at xxx

•••

I've looked through Brandworthy's portfolio and many of the names are really good. Much better then some of the names that have recently been selling.

•••
So is it just the luck factor ? Or search is displaying only new names

•••
I've looked through Brandworthy's portfolio and many of the names are really good. Much better then some of the names that have recently been selling.
define many.

5? 10?

•••
So is it just the luck factor ? Or search is displaying only new names

Its hard to say. If I remember correctly the last newsletter BB sent out mentioned older names getting more exposure with the new search. At the same time, the front page of the BB website mostly showcases new names unless your name is in the premium category. The emails also showcase newly listed names.

I can't speak from experience since I only started listing names on BB five months ago so all my sales have been from newer listed names.

•••
Last edited:
•••
I recently listed about 100 names in bb few keywords are in top 10 on search but few are in 40 + so iam unsure the search results are only by newer criteria or traffic ...or random

•••
•••
My personal experience is a single sale in the last~3 months from 895 names listed

It sounds crazy, I hope you get some more sales soon - 4 of my sales this year have been names that have been listed between 1 and 2 years but that was before the new search algorithm was implemented

•••
•••

At some stage I had to diagnose "a brandbucket robot" who's task was to report all newly added names. And during it's time of diagnosis it wasn't reporting names which means there are names which I don't know when they were first added but just a date when it was found.
But I can certainly confirm that good percentage of the names were added within the past months and sold.

•••
Do you ever have anything sensible to contribute to the conversation?
Well I struggled to find many good names in his portfolio. What is wrong with having an honest opinion?

Last edited:
•••
You hit the nail on the head.

I would also question quality.

I think Brandworthy's names are of a decent quality, in fact some are very good names. It is one of the better brandbucket portfolios for sure.

Only 1 sale means BB is not working for them how it should be. BB should be doing more outbound work getting good names in front of end users.

Let's see some of yours then that you consider quality?

Last edited:
•••
I think Brandworthy's names are of a decent quality, in fact some are very good names. It is one of the better brandbucket portfolios for sure.

Only 1 sale means BB is not working for them how it should be. BB should be doing more outbound work getting good names in front of end users.

Let's see some of yours then that you consider quality?
I didn't say he doesn't have good names. I said he doesn't have "many" good names.

•••
you have 895 names and 1 sale

1 sale in last 3 months. 33 sales in total.

Thanks for all the studious analysis of my portfolio. I tend to agree that it only average or even below average, but there are 2 things I do know:

1. My names were good enough for bb to accept them, and
2. Good enough to rack up 33 sales.

I certainly wish my names were better, and I've learnt a lot since I started out in 2014.

How many sales have you guys had again?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back