NameSilo

sales Brandable Daily Sales Analysis

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dnbolt

Top Member
Impact
Started a series called Brandable Daily Sales Analysis and would like to share some useful discoveries.
Lets now dive in.

First would be Fitalytics (dot) com

Note the following.

Registration Date: 2010-06-02

Month of Sale: 2016-05

Domain Length: 10 Characters

Domain History:
brandbucket-domains.png

As you can see the current nameserver from the image suggests that the domain was recently added to brandbucket marketplace. Also that the domain was first registered back in 2008 although the current registration date is 2010-06-02 We can also see that it’s very likely that the domain has changed hands prior its sale on brandbucket.

Other Extensions : 1 other extensions has been taken

Google Popularity: On Google first page results it has 9 similar mentions excluding where domain is brandbucket. The most interesting part is that the name “Fitalytic” was mentioned on CrunchBase. We can conclude that it’s Google Popularity is strong.

Social Handles: It’sTwitter has been taking since 2012. The Facebook handle has also been taken.

Dictionary Keywords: Fit, and Italy.

Brandbucket Sold Keyword: Aly Example of sold domain that contain such keyword dailydealy.com .

Other Keywords: Taly, Alytic, Aly

Similar End User Domain currently in use: talytics.com This simply suggests some trends from the word Alytic.

Read More

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Novanym has only invented names and have sold 10℅ of their inventory with their site last year...

Didn't know about Novanym. Do they only sell their own names or accept submissions?

•••
Didn't know about Novanym. Do they only sell their own names or accept submissions?

This is from Novanym. I sent them an inquiry:

Hi Candace

Thanks for getting in touch with Novanym.

I'm afraid we only sell domains we have registered ourselves.

You might try instead brandbucket.com, brandroot.com or namerific.com which are all marketplaces.

Good luck.

Regards

Dave
______

•••
I'll give them max. 2-3 years to sell the domain. If your domain does not sell within 2-3 years than better to take it off after 2/3 years and market yourself to get a sale.

If domain meets my basic requirements then I can sell in far less time.

•••
If domain meets my basic requirements then I can sell in far less time.

I should copy your basic requirements and sale method.

•••
I should copy your basic requirements and sale method.

No pain, No gain. In life it is impossible to abide by all rules. If all rules are followed we wouldn't have great services such as Facebook, Google etc..

•••
We'd have to check the Whois history. It's either you reported it sold when it wasn't (it might have just been removed) or someone bought it and flipped it in a week for a major profit.
My money is on this. Many domainers, myself included, contact end users for names we don't (yet) own and as soon as the deal is confirmed go and purchase the domain. Very rarely have I been caught out by an end user.

•••
I don't know if many domain owners are selling names they don't own, there is also risk in doing that on a lot of marketplaces, the name might be listed but the seller is not going to respond. Even on a buy it now you are not guaranteed someone would push the domain. That happened on Sedo last year with some 4L.com Chips.

There was talk about the ethics of this here https://www.namepros.com/threads/tu...d-a-5-000-profit-ethical-or-unethical.854301/

•••
I'd guess it was probably just a resell as mentioned above. This is very common.

BB is good for moving brandables, but there are always ones that could get a lot more than a BB appraisal if the seller had the right connections, or the intuition to list on their own with a higher price.

Some names BB can generate more than you would get otherwise, others you may be selling too low. This is where your own gut instincts need to come into play.

Either way it sounds like two people had a decent payday. And so long as seller #1 (from BB) doesn't find out about the second sale - They are both probably happy. If the BB seller finds out I am sure they may kick themselves a little - but it's part of this business. A name you sell today for $10/$100/$1000 may sell tomorrow for 1k/10k/100k. Hindsight is 20/20.

•••
I'd guess it was probably just a resell as mentioned above. This is very common.

BB is good for moving brandables, but there are always ones that could get a lot more than a BB appraisal if the seller had the right connections, or the intuition to list on their own with a higher price.

Some names BB can generate more than you would get otherwise, others you may be selling too low. This is where your own gut instincts need to come into play.

Either way it sounds like two people had a decent payday. And so long as seller #1 (from BB) doesn't find out about the second sale - They are both probably happy. If the BB seller finds out I am sure they may kick themselves a little - but it's part of this business. A name you sell today for $10/$100/$1000 may sell tomorrow for 1k/10k/100k. Hindsight is 20/20.

Great insights Michael. I'd also add that in my humble opinion, BuzzLike, is not an obvious, super seller brandable. I see the SEDO sale as a very lucky sale for somebody not in any way the norm.

•••
BuzzLike, is not an obvious, super seller brandable. I see the SEDO sale as a very lucky sale for somebody not in any way the norm.

100% agree. Honestly, would anyone here think that BuzzLike would get 20k - or be brave enough to put a 20k price tag on it and truly expect it to sale?

How many people would pass this name over in the drop lists?

Some names can really surprise us with their price tag. I often am in awe of the sheer tenacity of the person who manages to command such a price.

•••
Chad Folkening and John Ferber are big time domainers and owned this domain before it was dropped. He had it listed at his company Domain Power for $62,500. The name was listed at Afternic on March 30,2014 with a minimum offer of $9,750. This was when Chad still owned it. Maybe the buyer made an offer at Afternic and someone working there saw the offer which was obviously higher than the $2,495 price listed at BB and bought the name and re-sold it to the new buyer. Some things still don't add so this is all hypothetical. I am sure more details will continue to come out soon.

1399048780.jpg

•••
I think something like that is probably what happened (buyer made an offer without going to the URL).

Is it normal for Sedo/NameBio to report sales while the name is still with Sedo Transfer Service?

•••
My money is on this. Many domainers, myself included, contact end users for names we don't (yet) own and as soon as the deal is confirmed go and purchase the domain. Very rarely have I been caught out by an end user.

You dislike my theories, yet this is all that you have to come up with?

Please...

I don't even think you are practicing what you preach.

Almost every end user I deal with looks for contracts, NDA's, and ownership verification.

It's not smart at all to try and sell a DN before you have it in your possession. There are a litany of reasons, but you have heard some already.

The funny thing is that BB has yet to clear up what happened here, and there is a reason for that.

If this happened in my house, and speculation was mounting I would have had that nonsense cleared up right away. Instead a story is being crafted that we are about to get fed.

You can disagree, and thats fine.

But a few months ago I was getting dumped on about my POV on BB ethics and the quality of the marketplace - fast forward to today and people are jumping ship. I was 100% right, and I'm 100% right on this one - something smells wrong.

Chad Folkening and John Ferber are big time domainers and owned this domain before it was dropped. He had it listed at his company Domain Power for $62,500. The name was listed at Afternic on March 30,2014 with a minimum offer of $9,750. This was when Chad still owned it. Maybe the buyer made an offer at Afternic and someone working there saw the offer which was obviously higher than the $2,495 price listed at BB and bought the name and re-sold it to the new buyer. Some things still don't add so this is all hypothetical. I am sure more details will continue to come out soon.

I like it as a theory until you get to the whole domain forwarding to BB. There is no way a buyer would look exclusively at Sedo/afternic without going to the domain name, and if they did do that then they need a new marketing director.

If you are making a 5 figure acquisition - you stop by the DN.

I agree, I am sure more details will continue to come out soon - but these are supposed to be PR & Marketing masters of domains. Saying nothing is extremely suspect.

Last edited:
•••
Do you mind me asking your source for that please?

I do like how they seem to put more branding work into each lander, and the option of 3 logos is also interesting.

I have been thinking for a while about who next to monitor "Novanym" or "Namerific" or "Efty". Just need some more proof about Novanym.

Last edited:
•••
You dislike my theories, yet this is all that you have to come up with?

Please...

I don't even think you are practicing what you preach.

Almost every end user I deal with looks for contracts, NDA's, and ownership verification.

It's not smart at all to try and sell a DN before you have it in your possession. There are a litany of reasons, but you have heard some already.

The funny thing is that BB has yet to clear up what happened here, and there is a reason for that.

If this happened in my house, and speculation was mounting I would have had that nonsense cleared up right away. Instead a story is being crafted that we are about to get fed.

You can disagree, and thats fine.

But a few months ago I was getting dumped on about my POV on BB ethics and the quality of the marketplace - fast forward to today and people are jumping ship. I was 100% right, and I'm 100% right on this one - something smells wrong.

I like it as a theory until you get to the whole domain forwarding to BB. There is no way a buyer would look exclusively at Sedo/afternic without going to the domain name, and if they did do that then they need a new marketing director.

If you are making a 5 figure acquisition - you stop by the DN.

I agree, I am sure more details will continue to come out soon - but these are supposed to be PR & Marketing masters of domains. Saying nothing is extremely suspect.

Why do you think BB owes you an explanation? They don't. They sold a domain from their marketplace. End of. What that purchaser did with the domain isn't something they are responsible for.

So instead of coming here and spouting rubbish like
Or the owner of the domain had contact with a buyer through BB, 'sold' it out of the marketplace and listed it on SEDO for a higher price.

Yes I am well aware that Krell is the owner, which makes it even more sketch-tastic.

I wouldn't put it past him for a second, especially since BB is circling the drain.

People do their worst on the way down.

Speculation until proven, but it's not a hard scenario to lay the foundation for.

I thought it might be a good idea to actually ask him. That's what the Brandbucket forum is for isn't it? A direct line to BB.

His answer was he sold it back to the original owner.

Hookbox has provided information on the domain prior to Krells ownership. Clearly the original owner didn't take down his sales page or was contacted by some other means with a great offer, so he bought the domain back from BB to sell it on.

•••
Clearly the original owner didn't take down his sales page or was contacted by some other means with a great offer, so he bought the domain back from BB to sell it on.
That would make most sense out of all the theories thrown around. Very, very lucky former owner I think.

•••
You would have to assume that the most recent buyer did not ever type in the domain into the browser to see that it was for sale at BrandBucket at a significantly lower price .

•••
So @JimJammy, slack channel or not, you are saying that Michael told you that the original owner (the person @hookbox mentioned) was the BB buyer?

I am asking just to be clear.

Cause if that's the case, then it is strange that BB/Michael didn't realize before hand that the owner had the name listed on Afternic or wherever for $16,500. Looks like BB needs a person or team of people to research the history of names before they price.

Kind of a side note that I will leave in the feedback on the slack channel: That same team of people may need to work on descriptions and meanings of names. I have had a few domains that were given incorrect descriptions and categories because apparently nobody realized that the domains were science related and/or lab equipment names, when a simple Google search would have revealed this.

•••
So @JimJammy, slack channel or not, you are saying that Michael told you that the original owner (the person @hookbox mentioned) was the BB buyer?

I am asking just to be clear.

Cause if that's the case, then it is strange that BB/Michael didn't realize before hand that the owner had the name listed on Afternic or wherever for $16,500. Looks like BB needs a person or team of people to research the history of names before they price.

Kind of a side note that I will leave in the feedback on the slack channel: That same team of people may need to work on descriptions and meanings of names. I have had a few domains that were given incorrect descriptions and categories because apparently nobody realized that the domains were science related and/or lab equipment names, when a simple Google search would have revealed this.
Michael told me that BB sold it back to the original owner. I didn't ask him who that was or any further questions.

I get auto-emails from BB if my domain is listed on another platform so most platforms are already recognized by BB. I don't know which platforms are, and which platforms are not.

If Hookbox is correct with the original owner details (and I don't doubt that his is) then they are big active domainers. They advertise regularly, send out newsletters etc. This name could easily have been seen months ago by the end buyer who has only just returned to make the purchase now.

•••
Maybe the buyer wanted to check the whois, found DomainTools to check it and followed the Buy Now link directly from Domain Tools which leads to the Afternic listing from the old seller. Domain Power (Chad) would have still received the offer from Afternic even if he didn't own the domain because the listing was still active. He then proceeded to purchase the domain from BB and re-sell it to the new buyer.

I have sold a few names where the buyer never visited the name directly by typing it in. It's crazy and odd but it does happen.

•••
@JimJammy Honestly, I think the size of BB's inventory has them slipping when it comes to names being listed on multiple platforms. Otherwise, they would have found the Afternic listing.

I've had names listed on BB, Afternic, Uniregistry and Sedo all at the same time. Not intentionally, I just forgot to remove them from the other marketplaces after they were published on BB. However, I never got any emails from BB.

Last edited:
•••
What @hookbox and @JimJammy mention is not that far fetched.

Because we deal in domains, it is instinctive for us to perform research on a domain prior to purchase (such as a simple check of what the domain is currently forwarded to).

However... not all end users do so and will buy with the 1st "BUY IT NOW" button they find via a Google Search for the term (brand name).

A crazy situation recently - a few months ago I had registered and listed a domain on BrandBucket for $1,595 and then about a month afterwards I found it (via a Google Search for the brandable name) newly listed on another site for $3,295.

Wildcatters are performing "arbitrage" by creating mini-sites listing BB names for double / triple the BB price listed price. Once they receive payment from the buyer.... the wildcatters simply buy (and receive transfer of) the name from BB.

Arbitrage = a somewhat creative way to become a self-imposed affiliate (a lucrative Reseller markup). :rolleyes:

Go figure!

-Jim

Last edited:
•••

Show attachment 40576

I believe the domain was listed at Domain Power by this person,
Registrant Name: Jeongwoo Cheon

That's who owned the domain when it expired on Name.com. He probably parked at Domain Power.

The other thing interesting about this domain is that Bill Doshier of Dot Buzz owned Buzzlike.com in 2012.

Last edited:
•••
I believe the domain was listed at Domain Power by this person,
Registrant Name: Jeongwoo Cheon

That's who owned the domain when it expired on Name.com. He probably parked at Domain Power.

The other thing interesting about this domain is that Bill Doshier of Dot Buzz owned Buzzlike.com in 2012.
Good catch Ray.

•••
The domain Buzzlike.com was purchased by a French company, WebRivage Group.

WebRivage is now the LEADER
in acquiring prospects and recruiting qualified leads.

The domain forwards to YesWePoll.com.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back