Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

EJS

DomainInvesting.comVIP Member
DomainInvesting.com
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I cannot imagine any serious brand not denounce nazis or neo-nazis or any ideology remotely close in the strongest way possible. I mean, there are debates on the news about issues that are much lower on the hate list or of similar nature.

It's unfathomable why @Rob Monster and @Epik.com or @epik think this is in any way a winning strategy.

I think Epik will remain in the business of serving individual domainers by offering limited time discounts. Bigger businesses and domain heavyweights will avoid them due to their association and current reputation. Your reputation is everything in business.

•••
I cannot imagine any serious brand not denounce nazis or neo-nazis or any ideology remotely close in the strongest way possible. I mean, there are debates on the news about issues that are much lower on the hate list or of similar nature.

Truth can often be stranger than fiction . . .

Hitler won Time Magazine Man of the Year in 1938.

Stalin won Time Magazine Man of the Year twice, in 1939 and 1942.

ELh8LCIVUAAuarm.jpg

•••
"If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter"

the real question behind all of this is who draws the line who sets the rules seems like everyday something new is deemed bad and something new is deemed good.
start censoring people as you please but once the snowball comes falling down headed your way don't be surprised

•••
Are you mentioning the history of Time magazine to illustrate Time magazine hasn't always been on the right side of history? So to be aware of/when it reoccurs?

No. It was a response to the post above that naively suggested what you see below.

"I cannot imagine any serious brand not denounce nazis or neo-nazis or any ideology remotely close in the strongest way possible."
by TCK

•••
I am always looking for better pricing...can you share your rate publicly? I wonder if Bradens leaving has anything to do with pricing/operational issues or was it more of a personal thing.

cloudflare $7.68 USD for renewals

•••
the only disadvantage is:
no fast transfer
If you ask me then I will tell that as being a domainer it's the biggest disadvantage. I would and many others avoid them because of this.

I have seen lots of people & myself sold names because of Afternic/sedo fast transfer feature.

Just my opinion.

•••
What Braden Pollock's tweet says is:

"Since @robmonster and I don't share the same ideology it's time he and I part company. I don't agree with the direction of @EpikDotCom so I've decided to resign my Board seat, effective immediately"

To me it is not clear from that if he means to say he does not like the direction the company is going, or he does not want to work with someone whose ideology he does not share, or both. Last time share ownership was discussed here Rob Monster owned 80% of Epik shares, basically giving him control of Epik.

Rob Monster has certainly discussed vaccine-scepticism and conspiracy theories very publicly, and those issues have been under the spotlight lately.

But he's been under spotlight for few years now. And, if I remember correctly, there was even an employee who quit over those. And Epik hasn't changed direction lately either. At least, publicly.

So, Braden suddenly started reading news?

•••
How can one support anyone without knowing the details?
It seems they know the details. I haven’t noticed random people supporting his decision, mostly those from his circle, IMO

•••
At one time Epik was going to take over Undeveloped, but they went separate ways

most people have too much class to talk details. that's not how business done. reza and pollock are class acts.

•••
Epik’s dot com renewals are not the lowest by any means anyway. I’ve offered Rob Monster my prices at DynaDot and Rob Monster has admitted he cannot match them. DD domain privacy is free. I have about 1500 domains.

Last edited:
•••
We will never know what happened behind closed doors...and I don't really care.
Apparently not behind closed doors, somebody informed me during Cygers show a epik person shouted "fuck em" in relation to something

this was probably the straw that broke the camels back for Braden. That's me reading between the lines

Last edited:
•••
Apparently not behind closed doors, somebody informed me during Cygers show a epik person shouted "fuck em" in relation to something

this was probably the straw that broke the camels back for Braden. That's me reading between the lines

That's surprising. I'm catching up on those shows now and I'm currently listening to the May 15th episode. Obviously, this is prior to what's happening now but Rob is on and everyone seems pretty friendly and respectful to him and vice versa.

•••
I think it's interesting to point out that this user's sig linked to dailystormer a few hours ago, mods were alerted and didn't want to take any action because the link had already been edited (There's no way for mods to look at edit history on sigs?).

This user follows up with a post saying that a racist tweet is a good reason to support a business. Mods are totally cool with that too, refusing to take any action on pro-racism posts on their forum.

I guess it's open season, Charizard. Your behavior is welcome here, mods are aware and they're perfectly okay with it. I bet you could get away with posting the 14 words and "DESPITE..." memes at this rate, as long as it's in the context of "heated debate!!!1!!!11"

The real canary in the coal mine is if this post gets removed or not.
It is called freedom of speech, something that Rob stands for.

•••
look what i found

so

1 gab is a free speech (read free hate speech) site that rob clearly support
2 he talks and is friendly with clearly racist peope there
3 he also posts jobs there because why not hire racists at your organization?

Recruiting at Gab.png

oh, and by the way, you know how you racist people cant post files to dropbox? well, we're going to solve that for you at epik. c'mon over. we support your racism.

•••
@FlipperC, i enjoy seeing ur anti-epik posts everywhere. (sarc)

We get it, u dont like them. Try least not hide anonymity. Not so Hidden agenda item

Samer

Last edited:
•••
it seems you are on board with the myopic approach to discussing a politically charged issue.

I am always on board with anyone that is against racism of all kinds. I am very well aware of all the types of racism that happens everyday and which some people even make without being aware. So if there is anything anti racism then you can count me in, if it is the other way around then I am not interested.

As I said, I did not mean to type was , the intention was wasn't and I am not sure what happened there to be honest. You draw it to my attention with your reply but I do thank you for coming here and replying. It is good to engage and make people understand what you meant but to be honest , seeing that tweet, regardless of the context you provided, everyone will point out it is racism because when you wrote that, you did not say it in a video where people could understand what is going on.

I am not very much interested the private or not so private issues that happened between Braden and you guys as that concerns you, but what I do concern myself and like to call out is anyone being racist. I really did not expect to see a tweet from you with that text because like you said, I only know you through your posts here even long before you started working for Epik so I couldn't make my own opinion of you when it comes to the issue at hand.

•••
the only thing this thread shows is how childish some people are
if i would have read what some of you said about rob and epik with no context it would lead me to believe that rob is a proud member of the ku kux klan and epik is funding the aryan brotherhood.
seriously grow up and don't @ me might as well block me like some people already did because off

Cancel culture is strong in this thread.

•••
It was closed.

Thank God it was “un-closed” if you will.

I see intelligent rational discourse.

by majority? Thank you for opening. Still look forward to Rob reply (If does) Thank you @DanSanchez much-needed added context!

Samer

Last edited:
•••
if that all you care about, good f-ing luck to you in life. i hope you and monster are happy together.
But so many people are still going to do what he's going to do, so why are you attacking him? i guess cuz he's visible while the others doing the same thing arent. damn damn.

•••
<<>>

Attachments

• 169250_acd7b14734d7904c40f47ab73b682c59.png
    169250_acd7b14734d7904c40f47ab73b682c59.png
    169.3 KB · Views: 548
Last edited:
•••
It is clear common sense to separate business and personal opinion. You want to start a crusade, why not start a non-profit NGO. It's free speech.

A separate LLC allows for greater flexibility Dorsey said LLC allowed him to specifically dedicates shares to causes in his $1B fund.
Zuckerberg pledged 99% his wealth to LLC!

“LLC more flexibility in investing in for-profit social enterprises and also supporting political causes, allowing them a freer hand” Smarter to be an LLC for nonprofit than “nonprofit”
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/03/...s-philanthropy-uses-llc-for-more-control.html

Last edited:
•••
It's my bad that I got sucked into this silly debate. I was talking about service providers.

Last edited:
•••
Question should also be one of Sustainability.?

$7.85 .com wholesale, so loss, selling 7.68 ea? Sound like promo new entry. Good news, dont kno when it’ll end. awesome price, u right

Samer

they offer a nonprofit
aka no markup price for .com domains
forever

they make money in case you buy their other hosting related products

the same strategy as your beloved epik :
( cheap transfers no discount on renewals make money with other products like sales commission )
( Rob hates them )

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back