Dynadot

news Epik LLC Completes Transfer of Epik.com from Epik Holdings Inc.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Epik LLC has acquired and transferred Epik.com and the associated domain management platform from Epik Holdings Inc.

Epik Holdings, Inc. was founded in 2009 by current Chairman Robert Monster, whose tireless efforts built Epik.com into one of the world's most recognizable domain registrars, best known for its commitment to free speech and privacy. Monster invested aggressively to build one the industry’s leading domain management platforms with a worldwide customer footprint and a reputation for legendary support.

Read Press Release

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Attachments

• 1EP.jpg
    1EP.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 2EP.jpg
    2EP.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 73
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
In fairness his "client" was clearly not the customers. The customers are just the collateral damage.

Even Rob said the following (from a RICO lawsuit exhibit) -

Show attachment 240151

And that certainly doesn't match the language in the press release -

"In September 2022, Monster brought on a seasoned CEO, Brian Royce, to protect the interests of Epik stakeholders. Royce focused on tactical efforts to pivot Epik.com into a scalable and process-driven company. Epik Holdings Inc. was able to reduce costs and avoid bankruptcy on the way to securing the sale of the core registrar and hosting businesses to a logical acquirer."

Last edited:
•••
Aiming to connect with Rob Monster & exploring alternate paths, #Epik 2.0 remains hopeful for a debt resolution in the near future. #Resolution #Confidence
Apr 18
Nothing Mr. Monster is doing now to block Epik 2.0 is fair to the creditors. #CreditorsDisadvantage #BeEpik
Epik LLC
@BeEpik
Apr 18
Nothing Mr. Monster is doing now to block Epik 2.0 is fair to the shareholders.
https://www.criticalhit.net/technology/brian-royce-epik-ceo-destroys-epik-in-less-than-3-months/

Epik LLC
91 Tweets
Nothing Mr. Monster is doing now to block Epik 2.0 is fair to the creditors. #CreditorsDisadvantage #BeEpik
Epik LLC
@BeEpik

Apr 18
Nothing Mr. Monster is doing now to block Epik 2.0 is fair to the shareholders. #ShareholdersDisadvantage #BeEpik
Epik LLC
@BeEpik
Β·
Apr 18
Nothing Mr. Monster is doing now to block Epik 2.0 is fair to the customers. #CustomerDisadvantage pik

Apr 17
Rob Monster's conflicts: 1) Indebted to the company, 2) Personal guarantor of company debt, 3) Defendant in litigation. He owes money & faces claims against him, creating multiple personal interests. #ConflictsOfInterest #DebtIssues #litigation #BeEpik
Epik LLC
@BeEpik
Β·
Apr 17
Rob Monster fails to comply with creditors. Two hold first-lien positions, expecting priority payment. All involved parties have requested his resignation from the board over apparent conflicts. #DebtPriority #BoardResignation #BeEpik
Epik LLC
@BeEpik
Β·
Apr 16
Due to Mr. Monsters' continued unwillingness to solve problems created by his clear mismanagement, Epik Holdings Inc. has no choice but to consider filing suit against him shortly. #LegalAction #mismanagement #BeEpik
Epik LLC
@BeEpik
Β·
Apr 15
Third parties have asked Mr. Monster to step down from the board because his decisions lack β€œrational business purpose” and create deadlocks. #BoardResignation #BusinessDeadlock #BeEpik
Epik LLC
@BeEpik
Β·
Apr 14
#BeEpik 2.0 Team & CEO shut down Masterbucks Dec '22 due to serious financial & security risks from Rob Monster's actions. Now, Epik struggles to manage debt from his company-wide oversights, including Masterbucks. #BeEpik
Epik LLC
@BeEpik
Β·
Apr 14
When he was CEO and even now as a director, Mr. Monster took actions and positions based on his self-interest rather than the corporations. That's a clear conflict and is disloyal to the corporation. #ConflictsOfInterest #CorporateDisloyalty #BeEpik
Epik LLC
@BeEpik
Β·
Apr 14
#BeEpik management & key creditor urge Rob Monster to resign from the board. His actions conflict with customers' & creditors' best interests. #CorporateGovernance #resignation #BeEpik
Epik LLC
@BeEpik
Β·
Apr 7
Epik returned to the lab and looked at what worked and didn’t work to serve our customers best. Epik 2.0 has a new vision, new leadership, new offerings, and a new direction.
Epik 2.0 offerings will include (web 3, emerging technologies, alt currencies, and cloud hosting) #BeEpik
Epik LLC
@BeEpik
Β·
Apr 6
Rob Monster’s step down as CEO reflects a new era for Epik. Epik has done a 180-degree turn in its business operationsβ€”prioritizing better relationships, better customer service, and more access to domains and website hosting. #BeEpik
Epik LLC
@BeEpik
Β·
Apr 6
At Epik 2.0, we know challenges are ahead, but we're confident in making great strides together. Thank you for believing in Epik and standing with us as we navigate these challenges. Let's #BeEpik and make Epik everything we know it can be!
Epik LLC
@BeEpik
Β·
Apr 5
Epik 2.0 is on a mission! We've improved our hosting products, launched a new help center, and are working on new services to increase profitability to fund Masterbucks. #BeEpik
Epik LLC Retweeted
Brian Royce
@Brianmroyce
Β·
Apr 5
Every day, I come to work and address the monstrous problem of the past. I keep my head down and laser focus on rebuilding. My team and I fix problems we don’t create them.
Epik LLC Retweeted
Brian Royce
@Brianmroyce
Β·
Apr 5
In business, transitions take time, especially when parties are adversarial. Being named CEO is only the first of many steps to getting control of a complex situation. Transitions take months. I am a fixer, and my team and I focus on fixing all problems.
Epik LLC
@BeEpik
Β·
Apr 5
Epik 2.0 is working to create a reputable company; we have paid out ~1m dollars in Masterbucks and have addressed multiple pricing and service issues. Every day the management team comes to work to turn Epik around and make the company Epik!
Epik LLC
@BeEpik
Β·
Apr 5
Epik 2.0 is moving out of a monster's shadow; we want to clarify that Rob Monster is NOT an officer, employee or contractor for Epik. He is NOT involved in day-to-day operations. We're committed to moving forward stronger than ever! #BeEpik

•••
I've been away dealing with death related issues and return to learn of the wonderful rebirth of epik.

I log in to find my thousands of dollars that were trapped in masterbucks are gone.

ADD/EDIT: It was suggested I check the masterbucks site (never used it before) and I see the correct number is displayed there. However, it is unclear to me how to use those funds to renew names. I will update if/when I figure it out.

Last edited:
•••
I've been away dealing with death related issues and return to learn of the wonderful rebirth of epik.

I log in to find my thousands of dollars that were trapped in masterbucks are gone.

So Rob, do you think those you owe money to will fade away?
Check whether it has been moved to In-store credit on your Epik account. Some other people seem to have experienced un-requested transfers back and forward between the two.

•••
Check whether it has been moved to In-store credit on your Epik account. Some other people seem to have experienced un-requested transfers back and forward between the two.
If in-store credit; can most definitely use it on renewals.

I was <$100 on a smaller scale; he is thousands.

Last edited:
•••
I've checked but no sign of it.

•••
•••
Rob is back as CEO ,nothing changed .
Watch this space .
FYI, I can't find any information that Rob is CEO of Epik LLC (who now runs the registrar). In the other thread, Derek says he has seen info that Rob is running the LLC. But the statement from the Press Release relating to Rob being CEO, is for Epik Holdings Inc. From a couple of my posts responding to Derek:

Rob doesn't say he's a shareholder or CEO of Epik LLC. He says he is the majority shareholder and CEO of Epik Holdings Inc. Epik Inc and Epik Holdings Inc sold various assets (including Epik.com) to Epik LLC, but they did not sell their whole companies to the LLC. I see no concrete evidence that the registrar service has been sold/given back to Rob (apart from your earlier post). In fact, the LLC says that is the business they are focussing on. On the other hand, Rob is going to rename Epik Holdings Inc to Kingdom Ventures and will play with his projects such as Amplify and Bitmitigate. MB is also mentioned but I still can't figure what on earth he'd do with it, since it has massive debts...

No. He doesn't. As I stated, he's back at Epik Holdings Inc. Not at Epik LLC. The domain management platform is apparently now at Epik LLC, not at Epik Holdings Inc.

But the truth is, none of us really know exactly what is going on.

•••
But the truth is, none of us really know exactly what is going on.
i bet they chose LLC for the anonymity.
Wonder Wyoming LLC superior privacy over Delaware?

Disheartened; epik made me lose respect for LLCs lol

Last edited:
•••
i bet they chose LLC for the anonymity.

Wonder Wyoming LLC superior privacy over Delaware?
Don't know. I'm not American. @bmugford would probably have a fair idea.
But in any case, if ICANN is doing its job, it should be delving into this. They might be anonymous to us, but my understanding is that they still have to share all those details with ICANN so they can decide whether to approve the transfer of registrar status from one entity to another. If in fact they have actually applied for that.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Don't know. I'm not American. @bmugford would probably have a fair idea.
But in any case, if ICANN is doing its job, it should be delving into this. They might be anonymous to us, but my understanding is that they still have to share all those details with ICANN so they can decide whether to approve the transfer of registrar status from one entity to another. If in fact they have actually applied for that.
The following post by @jberryhill goes into detail.

ICANN is only going to approve transfer of the registrar accreditation if:

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/purchasing-2013-07-08-en

When an ICANN-accredited registrar is purchased, the acquired registrar must provide ICANN with the following:

2. A statement affirming that the acquired registrar continues to meet the ICANN-adopted specification or policy on accreditation criteria then in effect, and is in compliance with its obligations under the RAA;

The problem there is that the requirement assumes a compliant registrar. The registrar associated with this accreditation is already in breach, and for more than simply owing the back ICANN fees. There is a roster of operational requirements that ICANN has imposed on the original registrar.

The assignee also has to provide this information:

https://www.icann.org/2013-raa-info-spec-current-en.xlsx

"15. Full name, contact information, and position of any persons or entities owning at least 5% of the ownership interest in Registrar’s current business entity. For each person listed, please specify such person’s percentage ownership.

(NOTE: Include the city, state/province, and country of residence as part of the contact information for each entity and/or individual listed)"

"16. Full name, contact information, and position of all directors of the Registrar.

(NOTE: Include the city, state/province, and country of residence as part of the contact information for each individual listed)"

"18. Full name, contact information, and position of all senior management and other key personnel overseeing the provision of Registrar Services.

(NOTE: Include the city, state/province, and country of residence as part of the contact information for each individual listed)"

"19. For every person or entity mentioned in the answers to questions 15 to 18, indicate if that person or entity:
a) within the past ten years, has been convicted of a felony or of a misdemeanor related to financial activities, or has been judged by a court to have committed fraud or breach of fiduciary duty, or has been the subject of a judicial determination that is similar or related to any of these;
b) within the past ten years, has been disciplined by any
government or industry regulatory body for conduct involving dishonesty or misuse of funds of others;
c) is currently involved in any judicial or regulatory proceeding that could result in a conviction, judgment, determination, or discipline of the type specified in items 19(a) or 19(b); or
d) is the subject of a disqualification imposed by ICANN.

Provide details if any of the above events in (a)-(d) have occurred."

It will also be interesting to see how they get around this:

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/approved-with-specs-2013-09-17-en

5.5 Termination of Agreement by ICANN. This Agreement may be terminated before its expiration by ICANN in any of the following circumstances:

5.5.8 (i) Registrar makes an assignment for the benefit of creditors or similar act;

...since that is exactly what this transaction was expressly about. The reason for this provision is that it is included in a clause that also lists bankruptcy, and so the idea was to de-accredit entities which are functionally bankrupt, have not formally declared bankruptcy, but are selling the furniture to pay creditors.

If anyone else is owed significant funds and is getting cut out, this would be the last call for filing that involuntary bankruptcy petition to unwind deals made just prior thereto.

•••
I should clarify it is more "liabilities" to customers than "debts".

The liabilities like Masterbucks, and others have been left behind.

Brad
True. In fact, they seem to have pretty much paid all their actual debts. It's just those pesky customers who want their escrow payouts and MB funds who are the issue. Without them, Epik would be laughing. Oh, wait...

•••
It was suggested I check the masterbucks site (never used it before) and I see the correct number is displayed there. However, it is unclear to me how to use those funds to renew names. I will update if/when I figure it out.

•••
It was suggested I check the masterbucks site (never used it before) and I see the correct number is displayed there. However, it is unclear to me how to use those funds to renew names. I will update if/when I figure it out.
I think they have removed the capability. It used to be that you could use MB funds at Epik, but I believe they got rid of it a few days ago when the LLC took over (since they didn't take over the MB liabilities).

•••
This is what I see displayed:

"Masterbucks Cashout Hours are Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm EST excluding US Holidays. Our team will work as quickly as possibly to get your funds in your hands, but please understand that some cashouts may require manual review which may lead to a delay. As always, thank you for your patience! #BeEpik"

So they want me to get into the que to get my funds? That seems like a pretty long line and I would be bringing up the rear. For now, how about putting those funds into my in store account so I can renew my names.

•••
What is going on with Epik LLC is unknown. The actual owner, shareholders, executives, etc.

However, according to the press release, Rob Monster is the CEO of Epik Holdings Inc aka "Old" Epik.

@Rob Monster has made no public statements about these liabilities and how he plans to make the victims whole.

The asset transfer only benefits certain creditors, like ICANN, Verisign, and other vendors.

The customers liabilities are left behind.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
This is what I see displayed:

"Masterbucks Cashout Hours are Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm EST excluding US Holidays. Our team will work as quickly as possibly to get your funds in your hands, but please understand that some cashouts may require manual review which may lead to a delay. As always, thank you for your patience! #BeEpik"

So they want me to get into the que to get my funds? That seems like a pretty long line and I would be bringing up the rear. For now, how about putting those funds into my in store account so I can renew my names.
At this stage, I would believe nothing on the MB site. A couple of customers who were owed money from before Bryan took over, were paid. We haven't heard anything about the other x,xxx customers being paid. I don't really see how they will be, but you never know...

•••
Masterbucks balances have been blocked from withdrawal since late 2022.

I don't see any reason to believe they are going to get paid out, ever.

"New" Epik certainly doesn't believe it is their obligation. If ICANN approves the assignment to them, without these liabilities, who is going to pay them?

For "New" Epik to exist all these customer liabilities will be left behind.

Brad

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back