NameLot

BODIS

Located in Domain Parking Reviews, started by matt_bodis, Jun 23, 2008

Replies:
Views:

1. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

@matt_bodis
    pardon my coder illiteracy, but is the new api u released something to do with your avg joe user and a new bodis usage interface or is this strictly for developers and coders? ty

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. TroyBodis

TroyBodis Established Member Bodis Staff

Hello @alcy,

The Bodis API provides users with a secure method of interfacing their regular account functions with their own applications, without requiring the use of the Bodis.com UI.

Thanks.

3. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

@matt_bodis
    any chance we will ever see u combine balances and payouts options between 2 accunts of same people? it makes litlte sense not to do this. though i know thre is some coding involved. ty.

4. TroyBodis

Hello @alcy,

Thank you for your suggestion. Yes, this would be difficult from a developmental perspective, but also I don't think it would be practical and may also result in much confusion when relaying the reports/payment history data in the UI.

Thanks.

5. matt_bodis

matt_bodis Bodis.com Bodis Staff PRO VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

@alcy

We already do this for wire transfers. If two accounts have exact same payout setting, the payment is combined into a single wire.

We don't do this yet for PP, ACH, or any other method. As Troy has mentioned, it might bring about extra confusion. But we'll look into it later this year when we make some updates to how we handle payments on our end.

6. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

ok ty
    i guess the other way to see it is u cutting yer payouts by x % by sending all same person accounts in one payout... possibly save u tons of mass payout fees too.. paypal etc.. time... billing etc... so maybe it'll be more positives than some coding negatives for u...

7. matt_bodis

That is what we tried to do with wire, since the fees are steep on both sides and are transaction based irrespective of dollar amount.

I don't think it'd make a difference on PayPal, ACH, or any of the other payment methods since fees are % based. Also, PP has a limit of amount per transaction so typically we're seperating amounts up rather than combining for PP.

8. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

hi
    i once reported this isue for add domains
    which u fixed

now identical isue and error shows on the new dns tool
    if u can fix then thanks.

9. TroyBodis

Hello @alcy,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'll be sure to notify one of our developers.

10. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Management area | Calendar button
    When it will be set to current month by default as it was always with legacy Bodis UI?

11. TroyBodis

Hello @Jurgen Wolf,

Thank you for your feedback. I believe the current calendar settings are intended to remain on 'All Time' by default.

However, once development does continue on the management area, hopefully we can add the option to override this default setting in the near future.

Thanks.

12. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

Are reven looking normal for u today guys?

13. TroyBodis

Hello @alcy,

I do not believe we've experienced any recent downtime, or reporting issues. But if you'd like me to take a closer look at your Bodis account, please let me know.

Thanks.

14. AnthonyD

AnthonyD Optimal Names VIP Gold Account

Yesterday was very low traffic and earnings compared to normal and today is even worse than yesterday. Sometimes it gets corrected later on I noticed but it has been two days of sluggish looking stats.

15. matt_bodis

Overall revenues seem slightly down since Thursday.

I don't believe this has anything to do with Bodis, but external factors, eg: seasonalilty, etc.

We'll investigate and provide any info we can find in the coming hours.

16. tonyk2000

tonyk2000 Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

It was posted somewhere in non-domaining blogs that G somehow sponsored or otherwise "inflated" PPC prices in the beginning of the pandemy.... I'm unsure what exactly did they do and how, but an outcome was that they either spend own $$$ (or deducted less $$$ to themselves) to have more PPC activity and/or to report higher PPC prices. It may be just a rumor. However, if it is not - then they might stop doing this, and the prices / payouts are lower now.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  17. AnthonyD

AnthonyD Optimal Names VIP Gold Account

Wouldnt traffic remain about the same though?

18. matt_bodis

So here are a few findings:

-Thursday 07/23 we saw a 12% increase in visits compared to Thursday 07/30 (when we saw the decline).

-Saturday (yesterday that just ended), we are seeing about the same #s as the Saturday before that, and higher than Saturday two weeks ago.

-Seems visits on 07/23 were higher across all countries and across all platforms.

It seems for whatever reason, more people were accessing the web the week before the previous week, than the previous week itself.

It seems Saturday is back to what it we will await the outlook for the next several days.

Having said all this, we will discuss on a team call how to provide better insight to users so they can compare previous weeks to current weeks on a Bodis-network-wide level. We haven't figured out how to do this or if it's possible, but this has been an idea I've briefly thought of in the past. I think it would be helpful to everyone if they can see %-wise week over week comparisons. We'll discuss internally and see if this is something we can implement (no promises).

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice