BODIS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@matt_bodis Thank you. In the meantime, is it possible for you to apply it to my account manually from the backend?

•••
@webm

Yes there's a way to automate it currently if we know which account it is. PMing you now.

•••
@matt_bodis
sometimes with many domains some of us end up forgetting or mistyping your nameserver..
would you be so kind and add as column somewhere in manage domains that basically either lists the current nameserver on domain... or even better and easier for us to determine this, if the column would just say something like "resolves to bodis DNS -- yes or no"

i mean sometimes with thousands of dsomains is just entirely possible to miss a few.. and thats always a shame as we miss out on redirect to buyers!

thanks!

•••
Hello @alcy,

On the Manage Domains page, if you go to Columns>General, there should be an option called 'DNS Setting'.

Domains that aren't resolving to Bodis are usually marked 'UNDEFINED' in this column. Active domains are marked either 'NS', 'A' or 'CNAME'.

Thank you for your suggestion.

@matt_bodis
sometimes with many domains some of us end up forgetting or mistyping your nameserver..
would you be so kind and add as column somewhere in manage domains that basically either lists the current nameserver on domain... or even better and easier for us to determine this, if the column would just say something like "resolves to bodis DNS -- yes or no"

i mean sometimes with thousands of dsomains is just entirely possible to miss a few.. and thats always a shame as we miss out on redirect to buyers!

thanks!

Last edited:
•••
@alcy fair point.

The name server check column data should be updated in near future to provide a more accurate insight.

•••
@alcy fair point.

The name server check column data should be updated in near future to provide a more accurate insight.

ok thnks! I checked that column... its showing about 10 names per 100 (I have 1300) which are showing UNDEFINED.. but which still show ns1.bodis in my dns and still redirect correctly to your site... it seems this column info is not fully reliable and has roughly a 10% error rate.. in terms of showing UNDEFINED even for correctly redirecting domains. cheers

•••
Yes that column is not very reliable. We're working on resolving that in the near future.

•••
@matt_bodis
it seems as of this moment your visit and revenue numbers aren't updating?

•••
Yes that column is not very reliable. We're working on resolving that in the near future.

ok thanks. well that's what I was asking about when I asked if you have a reliable way to check whether any domains of larger folio holders may not be resolving to bodis. thanks for fixing this or making the method you suggested reliable. cheers.

•••
Hello @alcy,

We do apologize for this inconvenience. Our reporting system is currently out of sync with unfinalized Tier1/G earning estimates.

Rest assured, this won't have any impact on earnings. But our developers are currently working to get this issue resolved asap.

Thanks.

@matt_bodis
it seems as of this moment your visit and revenue numbers aren't updating?

•••
Should be resolved now. We apologize for the issue.

Going forward, we will display a very visible alert in the Bodis UI if/whenever this ssue occurs again (or any other temporary issue).

•••
Should be resolved now. We apologize for the issue.

Going forward, we will display a very visible alert in the Bodis UI if/whenever this ssue occurs again (or any other temporary issue).

well i am almost back to my avg of 300-400 visits per day... but my revenue is 5 cents... which would be the lowest in like one century ;)

are you sure revenues are resolved?

•••
are you guys showing correct revenues today?
@matt_bodis

•••
Hello @alcy,

I don't believe we're experiencing any errors in our reporting or earning estimates right now.

If you'd like me to take a closer look at your Bodis account, please let me know.

Thanks.

are you guys showing correct revenues today?
@matt_bodis

•••
Hello @alcy,

I don't believe we're experiencing any errors in our reporting or earning estimates right now.

If you'd like me to take a closer look at your Bodis account, please let me know.

Thanks.

ok thanks. but you did make that modification you spoke of last time where from now on your site will say if there is missing revenue/visit counts right?

i also wanted to ask if you post here whether your overall bodis revenues and or visits are down or up since the pandemic started. just curious. the whole world moved online now basically... and everyone online service is practically reporting increased activity... so i think bodis was affected too.. i also hear or some people saying their bodies revenues increased considerably.

ty

•••
Yes, we can readily enable an alert in the Bodis UI if these reporting errors reoccur, or we can simply send out an account notification.

And yes, some categories have seen an increase in visitor activity during the current pandemic, but many high paying categories have also seen a decline.

Thanks.

ok thanks. but you did make that modification you spoke of last time where from now on your site will say if there is missing revenue/visit counts right?

i also wanted to ask if you post here whether your overall bodis revenues and or visits are down or up since the pandemic started. just curious. the whole world moved online now basically... and everyone online service is practically reporting increased activity... so i think bodis was affected too.. i also hear or some people saying their bodies revenues increased considerably.

ty

•••
Yes, we can readily enable an alert in the Bodis UI if these reporting errors reoccur, or we can simply send out an account notification.

And yes, some categories have seen an increase in visitor activity during the current pandemic, but many high paying categories have also seen a decline.

Thanks.

well i mentioned that alart, because you or bodis said it is done deal to be implemted in days since that post :)

as for your stats during these hard times... so are you saying it balances out in your overall numbers or what? that some names go down othrs up... I mean for you it takes 1 minute to look at total revenues on bodis for feb/march.. compared to say last year or previous months.. i am not asking for numbers.. i guess its confidential.. but i am curious to hear if there was a marked decrease or increase during these hard times. not for some some people.. but for bodis.. if u can share plz do.

as far as some people go, then I Do agree.. names related to say hotels are probably almost dead... and some others may go up.. etc.

thanks. cheers.

•••
i forgot to ask... @matt_bodis
any chance at all we can have one or preferably 2 extra columns:
1- show #times visitors clicked on sale banner
2- show number completed and submitted sale inquiries for given name

they got this on voodoo... and PC too I think.
I found it useful.

or is it already on your todo list?

ty

•••
Hello @alcy,

Yes, this is still on our to-do list as far as I'm aware. We're already tracking the sale page stats, so we'll hopefully get around to making this information accessible in the Bodis UI in the future.

Thanks.

i forgot to ask... @matt_bodis
any chance at all we can have one or preferably 2 extra columns:
1- show #times visitors clicked on sale banner
2- show number completed and submitted sale inquiries for given name

they got this on voodoo... and PC too I think.
I found it useful.

or is it already on your todo list?

ty

•••
can someone here clarify to me why a term like "make money online" is wrong term to set on domains, and can result in faillisting our domains if we use it? bodis told me this in a ticket, and I am completely confused by this. this term is extremely popular on the web, with countless google results, and I thought it would make a fantastic ad keyword... ty

Last edited:
•••
can someone here clarify to me why a term like "make money online" is wrong term to set on domains, and can result in faillisting our domains if we use it? bodis told me this in a ticket, and I am completely confused by this. this term is extremely popular on the web, with countless google results, and I thought it would make a fantastic ad keyword... ty

Have they explained why its wrong? I, too, would love to know.

•••
@matt_bodis
hi, i think you once said before long while ago u will re-add from prior to updates the little circular symbol that indicates in domain manage view next to inquiry type whether its sale lander only or not. is it still in your todo list? ty.

•••
Have they explained why its wrong? I, too, would love to know.

Hi Anthony and Alcy,

I have not looked at the domain in question, but our policy is to ensure that terms are very relevant to the domain name. We deny terms for any slight deviation of the domain's subject. We also deny terms if they are too broad. Perhaps that is the case here? Troy can further elaborate perhaps.

Currently, no plan to add the circle but you should be able to simply filter those domains and/or save a filter with just that setting, thus allowing you to quickly refine domains that are 'Sales Lander Only'.

Further sales improvement later this year.

Thanks

•••
Hi Anthony and Alcy,

I have not looked at the domain in question, but our policy is to ensure that terms are very relevant to the domain name. We deny terms for any slight deviation of the domain's subject. We also deny terms if they are too broad. Perhaps that is the case here? Troy can further elaborate perhaps.

Currently, no plan to add the circle but you should be able to simply filter those domains and/or save a filter with just that setting, thus allowing you to quickly refine domains that are 'Sales Lander Only'.

Further sales improvement later this year.

Thanks

what happened was I took all of my domains which had bitcoin keyword in them.. so maybe couple hundreds.. then I did bulk edit of search terms for them all.. and in there I wrote keywords like:

bitcoin games
free bitcoins
get bitcoin

and at the end I put "make money online" term
whihc may not be 100% related to bitcoins
but bitcoins and making money online are not completely unrelated.

i was then informed this is wrong and can result in my domains being faillisted due to wrong term.. is this true? are you so strict on what terms can be entered and the consequences of wrong terms can be this harsh? if so then perhaps implemting option to let people change terms on their own was bad idea? if it is so strict and has to be 100% accurate else domains get banned... do you monitor always all domains for keywords entered by users or is this done automatically? how do you ensure you are aware and monitoring all peoples domains for wrong keywords when you have so many domains? thanks.

•••
MX monetization is already disabled or not?

This week I have registered some .online domain and parked it at Bodis...
And just after few hours "serverHold" was placed on it...
Rechecked Spamhaus DBL - it is absent there.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back