Dynadot

new gtlds .blog is available today & the prices are crazy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Atta

Top Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

As many of you have already known (from NC newsletter) that .blog is now available. I was one of the persons who rushed to check what is left for registration. To my surprise, none of the keyword, I searched, was under 6 figures yearly price. For example,

WebHosting.blog --> $130,000/yr
Free.blog --> $130,000/yr
website.blog --> $130,000/yr
guide.blog --> $130,000/yr

These are crazy prices. Not sure who is going to purchase these domains at such a high price. In this price, anyone can easily buy one word premium .com instead.

Does anyone of you able to get a good .blog domain at cheap price? This looks impossible to me.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi everyone,

WebHosting.blog --> $130,000/yr
Free.blog --> $130,000/yr
website.blog --> $130,000/yr
guide.blog --> $130,000/yr

They are sick! For $100,000 you can purchase truly premium single-word (strong commercial keyword) .com domain and for $30,000 you can purchase first-class SEO to launch your premium domain domain at the top of Google results (first position of course) for the keyword (your domain name) with monthly search of 1 million. In other words, you can spend $130,000, sit and wait for SEO to be done, and then getting at least 325,000 visits each month. Those 10,833 daily visits you can well monetize while sleeping, instead of writing some stupid articles at your stupid .blog domain. Moreover, one year later your renewal will cost $10 instead thousands for a stupid .blog domain.

Greed, greed, greed......

Well, there are some good and valuable .blog domains, but I cant think of many which should be priced at $130,000 even when their renewal would be only $10.

•••
They are sick! For $100,000 you can purchase truly premium single-word (strong commercial keyword) .com domain and for $30,000 you can purchase first-class SEO to launch your premium domain domain at the top of Google results (first position of course) for the keyword (your domain name) with monthly search of 1 million. In other words, you can spend $130,000, sit and wait for SEO to be done, and then getting at least 325,000 visits each month. Those 10,833 daily visits you can well monetize while sleeping, instead of writing some stupid articles at your stupid .blog domain. Moreover, one year later your renewal will cost $10 instead thousands for a stupid .blog domain.

Agreed. It is not just for first year. Instead you're bound to pay $130,000 every year. This is a stupid idea. They want money and just money.

•••
Agreed. It is not just for first year. Instead you're bound to pay $130,000 every year. This is a stupid idea. They want money and just money.

Pure greed

•••
That's mad - I can't see many blogs making that much in their lifetime, let alone in the first year. Those that could make that will have already reg'd a .com or .net imho.

So another moribund TLD to clutter the net.

•••
Right now, someone is typing up the blog posting on the death of the .blog extension.
And that blog will probably be on a .com domain.

•••
Metalogics CJ6 Kuffy mitok the fact that they are still available even after sunrise tells that they'll never sell...

•••
Well, at least someone picked up f*ckyou.blog for reg fee..which is good because I didn't even feel like paying that for it.

•••
Well, at least someone picked up f*ckyou.blog for reg fee..which is good because I didn't even feel like paying that for it.
I was tempted to pick up wasted.blog, but I didn't feel like wasting that money.

The only blog I wanted was Future.Blog just for the irony(?) of putting Coming Soon on it. It was taken, though.

Last edited:
•••
At some point, they might try to give them away for free in order to bring development and life to the TLD. Without development, TLDs are dead and useless.

•••
only one at reg-fee worth buying
AmateurRadio.blog

Now is MINE
and before anyone asks, I am VK4MU

Last edited:
•••
Nice name. My Grandpa had a ham was VE7AKK in Canada. He died like 20 years ago, but i never forget his call numbers

•••
And to think that in a few years "blogging" may be a thing of the past like the cassette...

•••
Jackpot.blog $139,000 ? lol dilusional !

•••
smfh. Dot blog failing from the start with those prices...

•••
That's mad - I can't see many blogs making that much in their lifetime, let alone in the first year. Those that could make that will have already reg'd a .com or .net imho.

So another moribund TLD to clutter the net.

Agreed. Not every blogger is earning in 6 figures yearly. And if so, why do they pay so much for this stupid .blog.

lol..

•••
Why would anyone pay 6 figures for one of those names and have to pay 6 figures to renew them every year.

Instead they could buy a premium one word .com each and every year and 10x their value over a 10 year cycle at minimum.

.blog has a lot of potential but the pricing is not set for widespread use.

•••
•••
Well i believe they will become valuable in the future as blogs is being used by companies to increase credibility and awareness for there product or service.

i bought 5 .blog for 24 USD each, because it makes more sense to get the .blog when blogs are being used increasingly by brands and companies.

One of them is ebet.blog but that one i had to make sure it wasn't protected by a trademark wich it wasn't luckily.

•••
Namepros has a blog, it says Blog at the .top of this page. Nobody probably visits it, their so outdated

•••
Since content is king, blogs will always have a big role to play, they are far from outdated.

•••
At some point, they might try to give them away for free in order to bring development and life to the TLD. Without development, TLDs are dead and useless.
I agree..

Who's gonna pay 130k for renewal and that too for a .blog every year.
Oh..the Greed is eating up people's minds..

Need to do some long term thinking

•••
only one at reg-fee worth buying
AmateurRadio.blog

Now is MINE
and before anyone asks, I am VK4MU
I was a freebander 27.555 don't hurt me :p

•••
I agree..

Who's gonna pay 130k for renewal and that too for a .blog every year.
Oh..the Greed is eating up people's minds..

Need to do some long term thinking
They are not 130k for renewal, that is the PRICE to buy a PREMIUM .Blog
Renewal for mine is the same as it's purchase price $24usd

•••
They are not 130k for renewal, that is the PRICE to buy a PREMIUM .Blog
Renewal for mine is the same as it's purchase price $24usd

Check again. You didn't buy a premium .blog! So renewal price should be same.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back