Dynadot

new gtlds .blog is available today & the prices are crazy

Spaceship
Watch

Atta

Top Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

As many of you have already known (from NC newsletter) that .blog is now available. I was one of the persons who rushed to check what is left for registration. To my surprise, none of the keyword, I searched, was under 6 figures yearly price. For example,

WebHosting.blog --> $130,000/yr
Free.blog --> $130,000/yr
website.blog --> $130,000/yr
guide.blog --> $130,000/yr

These are crazy prices. Not sure who is going to purchase these domains at such a high price. In this price, anyone can easily buy one word premium .com instead.

Does anyone of you able to get a good .blog domain at cheap price? This looks impossible to me.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
looks like you cant list them on sedo extension not accepted

•••
Last edited:
•••
when it said" ineligible domain" it was for there fast transfer service
Thanks names went through ok
Joe T

•••
I picked up childsupport organicgardening bedbugs petvet homebrewery all were 27.00 at fabulous
this is it for me
Joe T

Last edited:
•••
•••
I registered bruceless.blog, searchengineoptimisation.blog and tvseries.blog not for crazy price for normal price.

Interested? PM me

Last edited:
•••
btw .blog is $23 at Uniregistry

•••
It's almost remarkable how dumb these new registries are.

"Hmm, every single other new extension with really high premium costs is failing miserably? Ahhhh we'll be fine"

You think one of these people would understand fundamental supply and demand

•••
diabetics .blog diabetesdiet. blog diabeticdiet. blog

•••
•••
•••
not really but thanks just having a bash..at it

Last edited:
•••
I only bought two single names for this extension; and that is for me. :laugh:

•••
The domains you mentioned above are Premium Domains listed at Godaddy.
Reg fee of .Blog around $29

Last edited:
•••
You can save $19,000 !!! by buying from Dynadot for 120,000 ;)

Kidding aside I am not sure Greed is the word to describe the situation.... they have paid a few mil for this extension and the only way to recoup this investmen is by charging high prices.
Greed is the absolute language there! Don't you know that high price will only put more pressure on them for I don't see them selling much with this price range. Only domainers can make their market fruitful, but now how many domainers could afford buying at this price for resales?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Wait for some time ... all premium domains will be released by one by one

and you will surely see 10 cents for .blog very soon

•••
Minus 1L, 2L and 3L, the only valuable domains in .blog would be:

- Name.blog
- Keyword.blog

But I think there is more potential for:

- Name.xyz
- Keyword.xyz

The days of Keyword1Keyword2Keyword3.com and maybe even Keyword1Keyword2.com are over. It is just taking a while to sink in.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
I suggest getting some word lists run to find good names in this extension. Its a new extension so there a few names out there that should be premium but haven't been added onto their their premium database yet. I think my only .blog is one of them, WestCoast.blog. Also...anyone who thinks that .com domain rules apply here has to seriously rethink their approach. You have to register names that match the extension.

Last edited:
•••
Tell that to Federer. Take a look at his reported sales just in one day (yesterday):

https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-completed-domain-name-sales-here.83628/page-472

As you can see almost all of these names are 3-4 worders. Of course, these are in .com...:xf.wink:

Like I said. It hasn't sunk in yet.

I still remember when the internet stocks were climbing in 1999 - 2000. The general public did not foresee the crash and even the News Stations were in on the Bubble.

The same thing happened with real estate between 2004 to 2008. I remember Tony Robbins and Donald Trump having a seminar stating that prices were going to move even higher, and that was at the end of 2007 or beginning of 2008, right before the US Financial Crisis.

Last edited:
•••
Uniregistry less TopCoins..make it cheaper

Cheers
Corey
Have you been able to use your TopCoins? How much is it worth?

•••
Its almost anniversary time for .blog
Anyone had any sales, inquiries or luck?
https://namebio.com/?s==IjN4MDN5QTM looks like someone bought bitcoin.blog in febuary and tried to flip for a profit in July at sedo lost 50% roi lol
I have one coming up for renewal, dont we all, are you renewing or purging?

•••
I will probably let mine go

•••
NGTLD in general are suffering from some previously unknown disease that causes them to disappear up their own rear ends.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back