Domain Empire

new gtlds .blog is available today & the prices are crazy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Atta

Top Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

As many of you have already known (from NC newsletter) that .blog is now available. I was one of the persons who rushed to check what is left for registration. To my surprise, none of the keyword, I searched, was under 6 figures yearly price. For example,

WebHosting.blog --> $130,000/yr
Free.blog --> $130,000/yr
website.blog --> $130,000/yr
guide.blog --> $130,000/yr

These are crazy prices. Not sure who is going to purchase these domains at such a high price. In this price, anyone can easily buy one word premium .com instead.

Does anyone of you able to get a good .blog domain at cheap price? This looks impossible to me.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi everyone,

WebHosting.blog --> $130,000/yr
Free.blog --> $130,000/yr
website.blog --> $130,000/yr
guide.blog --> $130,000/yr

They are sick! For $100,000 you can purchase truly premium single-word (strong commercial keyword) .com domain and for $30,000 you can purchase first-class SEO to launch your premium domain domain at the top of Google results (first position of course) for the keyword (your domain name) with monthly search of 1 million. In other words, you can spend $130,000, sit and wait for SEO to be done, and then getting at least 325,000 visits each month. Those 10,833 daily visits you can well monetize while sleeping, instead of writing some stupid articles at your stupid .blog domain. Moreover, one year later your renewal will cost $10 instead thousands for a stupid .blog domain.

Greed, greed, greed......

Well, there are some good and valuable .blog domains, but I cant think of many which should be priced at $130,000 even when their renewal would be only $10.

•••
Right now, someone is typing up the blog posting on the death of the .blog extension.
And that blog will probably be on a .com domain.

•••
upload_2016-11-24_3-13-31.png

--------
anyone has a Promo code ?

•••
only one at reg-fee worth buying
AmateurRadio.blog

Now is MINE
and before anyone asks, I am VK4MU

Last edited:
•••
Well, at least someone picked up f*ckyou.blog for reg fee..which is good because I didn't even feel like paying that for it.

•••
At some point, they might try to give them away for free in order to bring development and life to the TLD. Without development, TLDs are dead and useless.

•••
My impression is that they don't want to miss a big sale at sunrise. Their thought is that between thousands of premium domain names there may be 2 or 3 that can me sold for 50k or higher (don't forget the fat commissions of registrars). So they want to follow this policy for about a year. Then lower to maybe at half, and wait again. They will sell some more. Then lower again etc. This policy is for the (what they believe as) premium names only. This strategic has also the advantage that it tries to give value to TLD, it suggests that the TLD is not "cheap". People tend to believe that what sells high holds some value.
In my opinion this strategy is wrong. They will fail to attract the domainers, and the domainers are always the big buyers. The opposite strategy is the correct one, as the strategy of the awful (in my opinion) .xyz TLD followed, making it somewhat a success. Well, compared to the other TLDs anyway. Better give away for free at start to make a registrant's (I don't say customer's) base. And hope for the best in the long run.
We will see soon enough a change of strategy and tactics for .blog. Or will see it dissapear.

•••
•••
•••
Metalogics CJ6 Kuffy mitok the fact that they are still available even after sunrise tells that they'll never sell...

•••
Well, at least someone picked up f*ckyou.blog for reg fee..which is good because I didn't even feel like paying that for it.
I was tempted to pick up wasted.blog, but I didn't feel like wasting that money.

The only blog I wanted was Future.Blog just for the irony(?) of putting Coming Soon on it. It was taken, though.

Last edited:
•••
Nice name. My Grandpa had a ham was VE7AKK in Canada. He died like 20 years ago, but i never forget his call numbers

•••
Jackpot.blog $139,000 ? lol dilusional !

You can save $19,000 !!! by buying from Dynadot for 120,000 ;)

Kidding aside I am not sure Greed is the word to describe the situation.... they have paid a few mil for this extension and the only way to recoup this investmen is by charging high prices.

•••
even 13000, is too high for blog domain. this will just prove a big flop for .blog
they should have been very good in pricing rather than shooting v v high in reg fees..
Ultra premium domains would work but should be max in low to mid xxxx per year. and with this they wud have got hell of money, now they are blocking themselves
I was lucky to grab two decent blog domain @ 25 each
HTML5.blog
3dGames.blog

and I think with these shooting reg feez it will be easy for me to sell these in decent pricing.

•••
Last edited:
•••
That's mad - I can't see many blogs making that much in their lifetime, let alone in the first year. Those that could make that will have already reg'd a .com or .net imho.

So another moribund TLD to clutter the net.

•••
And to think that in a few years "blogging" may be a thing of the past like the cassette...

•••
Jackpot.blog $139,000 ? lol dilusional !

•••
That's mad - I can't see many blogs making that much in their lifetime, let alone in the first year. Those that could make that will have already reg'd a .com or .net imho.

So another moribund TLD to clutter the net.

Agreed. Not every blogger is earning in 6 figures yearly. And if so, why do they pay so much for this stupid .blog.

lol..

•••
Its working again.
BuyerBeware.Blog

•••
I took a look yesterday. Blog will possibly be a successful gTLD. It aught to be with Wordpress behind it. I found nothing interesting available. There are just too many premium reserved domains, and everything below 4 chars. With the price at a tad under $30, and nobody offering any discounts. At these prices, I thought twice about buying my 4L.BLOG. and decided to keep my 4LBLOG.COM instead. At which point I lost interest in actually trying to make any money out of the .BLOG gTLD. 4 times the price of the .com/yr was too much a price to pay, for an, as yet, untested gTLD. Those $30/yr soon add up. No problem, if you already have a profitable blog. But how many blogs are for profit?

Last edited:
•••
I picked up only one domain howtomakemoney.blog and informed Godaddy Mexico was going to pay for it :) in all seriousness they will come to their senses really quickly when reality kicks in gve it a few months.

•••
Last edited:
•••
I picked up childsupport organicgardening bedbugs petvet homebrewery all were 27.00 at fabulous
this is it for me
Joe T

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back