Dynadot

question bitcoin.中国 / coin.中国 / 388.中国 - Drop/renew? China experts?

NameSilo
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
I'm hoping for expert advice as these expire tomorrow.

I'm about to renew but looking at this particular market for this extension. seems to be no historical sales.

Should I stay or go?

while your at it. how about these?

since numbers are universal. could numbers with this extension have value? seems to be alot of views for 3N with this extension on 4.cn but no bids unfortunately.

bad sign?

088.中国
288.中国
388.中国
882.中国
88899.中国
8822.中国
2288.中国

just check 4.cn for the bin prices on similar ones for this extension.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Thanks kasseylee I was actually trying to pm you but seems as though you have removed that option lol. Glad you stopped by

Ok so what about these?

numbers.idn (Chinese)
And we'll really good high value western words like

Coin
Or
Bitcoin
Or

Chinese pinyins like yuan or

I also have Chinese idn.idn like

888.china
Or
Money.china
Or
Cheap.china
Rent.china

What do you think.

Oh and for Chinese idn.idn

What about

Numbers but in chinese characters?

Sorry to bug you. Really need help deciding.

I really want to keep the

388.china
088.china
And 882.china

Only because of the asking prices I see for similar ones on 4.cn

Granted none seem to be getting offers.

But most get tons of views.

Wondering if someday Chinese buyers will pull the trigger on these and buy them for big money as what's being asked?

•••
My article was addressed to executives in corporate China, so the focus is on genuine usage. The numbers are clear: Chinese IDNs are not popular. Yet, I still see two areas with genuine demand:

(1) Those where the left of the dot is the Chinese name of a company and the right of the dot flows well. Examples are 亚马逊.世界 (Amazon.world) and 亚马逊.信息 (Amazon.news).

(2) The other one is a phrase that can be used in marketing: "The advantage of Chinese domain names is that they convey messages directly in the Chinese language. For example, look at the domain name 母亲.我爱你 (mother.iloveyou). If you use it to promote products for Mother's Day, consumers can understand the message immediately." (from the article)

I have mentioned in other places about the possibility of domain speculation which may even overshadow the corporate, genuine demand. I have read about a few folks/firms trying to remove uniqueness of each domain name and trying to make the market. If this concept flies, then anything can sell. All you need is to create a new investment (speculation) theme.

In short, it'll probably be a long wait before you can find an end user buyer in China.

Last edited:
•••
I think my

Cheap.china
And
money.china
And
Rent.china can be used for this marketing

One last thing. If just want to recoup losses on such domain investments.

Would putting them up for auction with no reserve on 4.cn or sedo end in good sale?

I don't think I've ever seen a .China being auctioned with no reserve

Everyone seems to be sitting on their with bin's.

Would there be any bids on something like

Money.china (Chinese idn.idn)

Also the stats you've shown me.

Looks like the .China (idn) is a "winner" among .idn's in chinese? @400k+?

What about numbers written in chinese? Like..

八八八八.中国 ??????

•••
I would like to add too. I've spoken to 4.cn reps and they tell me no sales yet to be reported for
.China idn's .

But why does part of feel that's just them wanting me to drop my .China idn domains so they can snatch it up?

Lol

•••
so finally decided on what to do.

I have renewed

.China= .中国

882.中国(.Idn)
088.中国 (.IDN)
388.中国 (.Idn)
Coin.中国 (Idn the whole thing)
Money.中国 (Idn the whole thing)
Sex.中国(IDN the whole thing)
Media.中国 (IDN the whole thing)
Two.中国 (IDN the whole thing) (1 characater)
Taste.中国(Idn the whole thing) ( 1 Character.)
Bitcoin.中国(.Idn)
Coin.中国 (.idn)
Rich.中国(.idn)
Labor.中国(.idn)
Register.中国(.idn)
Cheap.中国 (.idn)
Repair.中国 (.idn)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back