NameSilo

opinion Chinese Idn: .online? Or .chinese website? Or .china? Which one?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
I recently "jumped in head first" into this whole chinese IDN rush a bit too late. I chose only one specific IDN extension. I'm worried that I chose the wrong one. so let me ask flat out. which of these Chinese IDN Extensions are the ones chinese people are more inclined to visit or purchase for their business? or maybe I'm asking the wrong question here. Which one of these are more valuable as an investment? short term long term? Thanks. sure hope I chose the right one.

(I'm giving you the english translation for these chinese idn extensions. NOTE these ext's are actually Chinese characters.)

.中国 - .China
.在线 - .Online

.中文网 -.Chinese Website

I have looked into it and seems as though the history is that .在线 - .Online and .中文网 -.Chinese Website were the first Chinese IDN that the Chinese Government registered with ICANN years ago then thee others followed.

But personally I feel that .China is better than thee other two (three guesses which extension I chose??lol) simply because for national pride when compared to .cn I think .中国 - .China is the next best thing since there is no chinese equivalent for .cn in IDN pinyin characters.

Any thoughts? Your opinion and expert advice is desperately and kindly appreciated. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back