Dynadot

Bido.com - Social Auction Platform

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
NamePros welcomes BIDO as it's newest sponsor.

Check out Bido's revolutionary Social Auction Platform at www.bido.com
All auctions start at $1 with no reserve.

The list of upcoming auctions is here:
http://www.bido.com/Auctions

This is a discussion thread for comments, reviews and feedback about Bido and it's services.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
jhansen said:
Harps.net in 12.5 hours! :)

This one interests me the most, even more than the LLL.com's. You can read why if you look at the last few pages w/ my comments in them. Should be an interesting watch.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
jhansen said:
I feel sick :(

Remind me never to list a name on bido

Harps.net ~ $682

•••
etittle52 said:
Remind me never to list a name on bido

Harps.net ~ $682

Bad names do decent here and good don't always go up to par with expectations. I don't think I'll be listing here anytime soon.

•••
lzy said:
$682 - Yay or nay? :o
The keyword search metrics and TLD don't easily support a higher price.

•••
ecalc said:
The keyword search metrics and TLD don't easily support a higher price.

Had it been mine, I still would have looked around for a harp business. It's not a very popular instrument but there are harp-makers in this world, still

•••
Had it been mine, I still would have looked around for a harp business. It's not a very popular instrument but there are harp-makers in this world, still

Not "harp" as a stringed instument, but as the common name for harmonica... harps.net would be an incredible name for a store or an info site . . . appraisals of old harps (harmonicas), etc.

•••
verbster said:
Not "harp" as a stringed instument, but as the common name for harmonica... harps.net would be an incredible name for a store or an info site . . . appraisals of old harps (harmonicas), etc.

An instrument shop in general wouldn't have been a bad idea. Oh well, I guess. On to the next auction... what's up next anyway? I seldom visit the site because of its loading time on my PC.

•••
Archangel said:

me too, someone like the owner of irishharps.net perhaps

•••
gazzip said:
me too, someone like the owner of irishharps.net perhaps

That would have been a great place to try selling the domain :)

•••
Did I see this correctly? SingleLawyers.com sold for $1 today?

•••
I show it going for $48.

Brad

Galel said:
Did I see this correctly? SingleLawyers.com sold for $1 today?

•••
Hmm... Strange. Well, I'm glad to see it sold for more, then.

This is what I see:
SingleLawyers.jpg

•••
•••
Galel said:
Hmm... Strange. Well, I'm glad to see it sold for more, then.

This is what I see:
SingleLawyers.jpg

I'v seen that before on other names, I think you have to log in to see the correct amount.

•••
The domain is pretty worthless IMO unless you seriously wanna build a dating site for lawyers. Gee I wonder how lucrative THAT niche is...

•••
I would approach the owners of www.singlelawyer.com - currently an operating site - and see whether they would like to buy the plural version to point to the same place. If they are a successful site this domain must be worth more than $48 to them, surely.

•••
I just read their email: BIDO IS NOW ON A RESERVE-FORMAT!
This should help in a way :) But how much is to be seen.

•••
I do really like the new reserve concept, since the requirements (penalty for sellers in case reserve price is not reached) respects the basic principle of Bido (let the market decide about the price) and should allow to keep out poor quality domains or outrageous reserve prices for average domain names.

Let's see now how this will develop, and also how many names will be auctioned per day.

•••
If nothing more, we'll see far better domains auctioned off since the seller is safe. The buyers might feel bad since they won't get a steal but well... ya can't make everyone happy. But I think this'll make more ppl happy compared to the original format

•••
the requirements (penalty for sellers in case reserve price is not reached) respects the basic principle of Bido (let the market decide about the price) and should allow to keep out poor quality domains or outrageous reserve prices for average domain names.
It will be interesting to see what the lowest reserves are allowed vs. the predicted selling price. Will Bido allow a $100 reserve on what might sell for $300? If so, they'll only make a total of $24 for the sale...and a mere $3 if it doesn't. Not good.

Plus, this will only work if the reserves are quite a bit lower than what someone (Bido?) considers what will be the expected selling price. As seen from some of the domains offered lately, selling prices are not only very subjective, but lower now than most times.

Anyone who sets a $1000 reserve on a domain, better be sure the domain is truly worth more than that (I'd say at least double to get interest), and Bido better be sure of that, too. Otherwise, the owner is out $30 when it doesn't sell, and Bido only makes a paltry $30 for a day's listing. $30 per day on a no-sale reserve isn't going to cut it.

So now, everything will come down to Bido's expertise at predicting the selling price. That's the only way they can hope to offer any domains that will sell for above the reserve, and the only way they are going to make enough money to stay in business.

Multiple auctions per day might help increase Bido's daily revenue, or at least cut their daily losses. Unless the single domains are worth $xxxx and above, how else will they make any money?

•••
Good points, verbster. The problem is trying to find ways to make the buyer, seller and BIDO happy. Two of the three is all they can do, it seems. Everyone can't be happy.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back