Dynadot

Bido.com is still alive!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Well... you'd think it was after receiving my weekly complimentary voting points this morning!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
lol... that was my point... all in jest my friend ;)

•••
My 'points' were reset to 0, like everyone else's :p

•••
good catch Archangel... I just noticed that part after I wrote the subject... I was like wow... reset to "0"... bummer

it really is sad but all the best for their efforts and for the future... I made a few bones with 'em... nice staff too

•••
I heard that someone made a 6-figure offer for the site. Really? I could recreate the entire site plus buy a CVCV .com for under $10,000... under $5,000 actually. The only good thing about BIDO is its userbase. Let's see how this pans out and hope the site gets back online soon.

good catch Archangel... I just noticed that part after I wrote the subject... I was like wow... reset to "0"... bummer

it really is sad but all the best for their efforts and for the future... I made a few bones with 'em... nice staff too

•••
I heard that someone made a 6-figure offer for the site. Really? I could recreate the entire site plus buy a CVCV .com for under $10,000... under $5,000 actually. The only good thing about BIDO is its userbase. Let's see how this pans out and hope the site gets back online soon.

So the whole of BIDO is less than 100-250 hrs of coding/development and testing. Wow. Wonder why everyone is upset? I'd expect the next pretender to develop this by the end of the month.

•••
I heard that someone made a 6-figure offer for the site. Really? I could recreate the entire site plus buy a CVCV .com for under $10,000... under $5,000 actually.

I love the way the loungechair experts come out with this stuff. Archangel, what site have you created for under $5000 comparable to this?

•••
You don't understand the concept of outsourcing do you? To answer your question: I've sold these sites/services long ago. And thy were done cheap (although they required a few modifications).

I love the way the loungechair experts come out with this stuff. Archangel, what site have you created for under $5000 comparable to this?

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

By the end of the month? I can see you're being sarcastic but at least keep it at a realistic level. Or at least don't rely on hyperbole.

So the whole of BIDO is less than 100-250 hrs of coding/development and testing. Wow. Wonder why everyone is upset? I'd expect the next pretender to develop this by the end of the month.

•••
By the end of the month? I can see you're being sarcastic but at least keep it at a realistic level. Or at least don't rely on hyperbole.

You started it.

Let's see $5000 at $5/hr... that's 1000hrs.

A team of 4 would be 250 hrs a piece.. that would be 4 weeks with reasonable overtime.

And I still need the $100 to buy the CVCV.

•••
I know this might not sound very good but it's a fact that many smart American entrepreneurs outsource thwir work cheaply to India. That is not to say the quality is top-notch (or that it's bad). That was just a statement. I once had a rather big website/service built from the ground-up for under $500. It wasn't TOO much but it utilized many pages of code. You are right that doing another BIDO for under $5,000 is impossible in America. But you need to remember that there are many ppl who'd build a replica for far under $5,000. Outsourcing would make it a possibility.

I started it & I finished it. The movie's over. Fade to black.

You started it.

Let's see $5000 at $5/hr... that's 1000hrs.

A team of 4 would be 250 hrs a piece.. that would be 4 weeks with reasonable overtime.

And I still need the $100 to buy the CVCV.

•••
Let's envision the rebirth of bido.

•••
You don't understand the concept of outsourcing do you? To answer your question: I've sold these sites/services long ago. And thy were done cheap (although they required a few modifications).

I will ask again, what sites? Give us some examples of how you have has similar sites built for under $5000.

•••
I fail to understand why you need me to supply you with an example to 'prove' anything. Let me answer you with a question of my own -- a more important one: Have you ever hired a freelancer? Look at the projects on, say, elance.com and you'll see enough. It matters neither if I had a BIDO built for $15,000 or $1 (or if at all). It is irrelevant. If you've never hired freelancers, then you really have nothing to say that has any meaning to me.

And you will reply to this asking for my past sites, again. You are like a moth to the flame, as you've been for years. Be unpredictable for a change.

I will ask again, what sites? Give us some examples of how you have has similar sites built for under $5000.

•••
I fail to understand why you need me to supply you with an example to 'prove' anything. Let me answer you with a question of my own -- a more important one: Have you ever hired a freelancer?

I'm not the one making the bold and hard to believe claims. If you've had similar sites built for under $5000 give us some examples, how hard is that?

Do I believe that someone who claims to have "retired" from domaining and whose own site is an template driven mess has experience in having sites built like Bido for under $5000? No I do not believe that.

•••
My own site has yet to be built. I have a Wordpress blog on it at the moment, as a placeholder.

It seems to me though that this is going downhill. I've noticed throughout the years that you are very argumentative and although I thank you for the discussions, you never seem to let anything die down. Since this thread no longer serves its purpose and to safeguard from this this turning into a flame, I'm closing this thread. It's nothing against you, snoop. I simply don't want this to become a 300-page flame war.

Oh, I otherwise sold the aforementioned sites or they simply are no longer online.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back