Dynadot

discuss Beyond Dubai: Reem Island, Abu Dhabi. Don't Miss Out!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am going to tell you about a gigantic project going on in Abu Dhabi called Reem Island. This project is so huge 3 of the largest developers in the UAE(Tamouh, Sorouh, and Reem Investments) are building it. It is even bigger than The Pearl Qatar project that appeared in this forum last June.

- Reem Island is a combined residential, commercial and business project being built on a natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi City and will be directly connected to Abu Dhabi City by a number of bridges. The location of Reem Island is only 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport.

- Reem Island will accomodate and estimated 280,000 residents. Some estimates go as high as 350,000!!

- Reem Island will contain Numerous hotels, resorts, beaches, spas, shopping malls, restaurants, medical clinics, many, many businesses, a 27 hole golf course, etc., etc.

- Just one of the business projects on Reem Island is Addax Port. By itself Addax is a massive port project which will contain 5 huge towers: an office tower and 4 other residential towers. And this is just one "small" part of Reem Island.

- Of course there will be tons of luxury condos and homes and villas, etc. to accomodate the huge number of residents of Reem Island.

- Reem Island will eventually be the "center" of Abu Dhabi which is the Richest of all the Emirates. Even richer than Dubai.

- Do a google search to get lots more info on Reem Island and here are a few sites to get you started: ReemIsland.com, AddaxPort.com, ReemInvestments.com. There are many more.

- There are still many good names left. I picked up:

ReemIslandProperties.com

ReemProperties.com

...but there are still many more left. As a domainer if you miss out on Reem Island you will never forgive yourself. Good luck and I hope this post was of help to you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How do you like "the Universe?

•••
I'm kind of impressed by new projects in Bahrain and especially the $6 billion project 'Durrat Al Bahrain':

http://www.arqui300.com/arqui300uk.html
(click on 'films' and after that on the second button at the right called 'Durrat Al Bahrain')

Pretty impressive in my opinion :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
johntv said:
Quite amazing, in the end they mention that number plate '1' will be auctioned next month and the guy in the video likes to bid like $15 to 20 million :)

When are they having domain name auctions over there :hehe:

wow 15-20 mil for a number plate.

If domains ever get hot like number plates for them, then
:sold:

•••
johntv said:
Quite amazing, in the end they mention that number plate '1' will be auctioned next month and the guy in the video likes to bid like $15 to 20 million :)
And he make sound like....that's all i could afford for getting number 1

When are they having domain name auctions over there :hehe:
Hopefully in the near future they end up buying domains.

•••
xman said:
Hopefully in the near future they end up buying domains.

10 to 15 Million is nuts D-: They must have HUGE egos to pay that much (and bank accounts)

Domain auctions, would'nt that be nice :hehe:

•••
Things are BOOMING in UAE!!

Hello Everyone!!

Yeah, things are BOOMING in UAE. I have made a TON of connections directly with UAE realtors and other business people over there. I am acting as an affiiliate for some of them and putting together deals between investors/investor groups/high net worth individuals wanting to invest in UAE real estate. I am working on a deal to sell a resort located on Nakheel's 'The World' development, as well as a group of offices in the Gemini development at Business Bay-- among other things. I now literally talk to Dubai business people everyday!

Also working on developing some of my UAE domains with investors.

And to think it all started HERE! Visit my blog, UAE Mega Projects, here:

http://uaemegaprojects.blogspot.com

Good luck and keep in touch. Glad to see this thread is still thriving!

•••
•••
$$Domainer said:
Hello Everyone!!

Yeah, things are BOOMING in UAE. I have made a TON of connections directly with UAE realtors and other business people over there. I am acting as an affiiliate for some of them and putting together deals between investors/investor groups/high net worth individuals wanting to invest in UAE real estate. I am working on a deal to sell a resort located on Nakheel's 'The World' development, as well as a group of offices in the Gemini development at Business Bay-- among other things. I now literally talk to Dubai business people everyday!

Also working on developing some of my UAE domains with investors.

And to think it all started HERE! Visit my blog, UAE Mega Projects, here:

Good luck and keep in touch. Glad to see this thread is still thriving!

Great job on your blog, so much information! Wow! You're really heading in the right direction with your projects. Keep up the good work!

•••
I already have
BusinessBay.tv (future financial center of Middle East and perhaps one day the world)

DubaiMarina.tv (2nd Largest Man-made marina after Marina Del Ray in Los Angeles)

DubaiInternetCity.org

I hope value of these 3 domains increase over the period of time.

Last edited:
•••
Domainer, When you say "Also working on developing some of my UAE domains with investors",

1) Are they strictly real- estate sites?

2) based on your experience are investors interested in .com extensions or mostly interested in .ae extension?

3) Are you in the near future or so going to offer perhaps a brokerage of Dubai/UAE domains? (Since you talk to them on a daily basis and already put together deals, could be a natural extension of your business I would think)

4) Based on your experience and knowledge, do investors in the UAE search the internet and actually buy Dubai/UAE domains?

5) Do UAE investors take it seriously when they receive some emails through their websites? Or unless you speak to them on the phone or meet with them personally they would not take it seriously or not trust you.

6) Are most of the investors you had success with private investors or investment companies which have websites set up?

DOMAINER, IF YOU COULD PLEASE GIVE A QUICK ANSWER TO THESE QUESTIONS, I THINK IT COULD HELP EVERYONE WHO IS A DUBAI/UAE FAN AND WANTS TO HEAD IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION WITH THE DUBAI/UAE RELATED DOMAIN BUSINESS.

Good to hear of you successes,
Pokainc

•••
nicedomains said:
Great job on your blog, so much information! Wow! You're really heading in the right direction with your projects. Keep up the good work!

Thanks! Glad you like the blog! They really like it in UAE as well.

MY ADVICE TO ALL OF YOU WITH YOUR DUBAI/REEM/UAE NAMES:

HOLD ON TO THEM AND BUY MORE!!

If you could see the big picture of what is going on there as I now can you would see this region will be the center of almost everything in the future ( 5 to 15 years ). Center of Business. Center of Finance. Center of Entertainment. Center of World Culture....etc. No other area on this planet even comes close to the Mega Expansion going on there. Not China. Not India. Not USA-- (though China and India are also two great areas to invest in as well).

Selling your UAE names now would be like those who dumped their stock portfolios back in '91 when the Dow hit 3000. They thought that was it. Eight years later the Dow went over 11,000! You have to look at the BIG PICTURE!

Also, Reem Island is attracting TONS of new investment! This project is even better now than when I first brought it to your attention on 9-15-07. Just do a google search and see for yourself.

Good luck and keep in touch.

Last edited:
•••
$$Domainer said:
MY ADVICE TO ALL OF YOU WITH YOUR DUBAI/REEM/UAE NAMES: HOLD ON TO THEM AND BUY MORE!!
Hi $$Domainer, is it in your opinion also a good idea to invest in domains from Middle East countries like Qatar, Bahrain and Kuwait?
As they have big projects there as well.

How would you compare those projects there (for example Pearl Qatar, Bahrain Bay) to the ones in the United Arab Emirates?

Nice blog you have :)

•••
johntv said:
Hi $$Domainer, is it in your opinion also a good idea to invest in domains from Middle East countries like Qatar, Bahrain and Kuwait?
As they have big projects there as well.

How would you compare those projects there (for example Pearl Qatar, Bahrain Bay) to the ones in the United Arab Emirates?

Nice blog you have :)

Good point John. YES! I think investing in names in ALL GULF areas is wise. This includes: Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. I cover these projects in my blog, and many I have covered in this thread. THIS WHOLE REGION IS EXPLODING WITH OPPORTUNITY FOUND NOWHERE ELSE ON EARTH...AND THIS WILL CONTINUE FOR A LONG, LONG TIME!

Good luck and glad you like my blog:

•••
Excellent :)
Let's hope these big investors will take interest in our premium middle east domains in the near future.

•••
Thanks for the inspiration here, gents!

I just reg'd:

UAEReemIsland.com
ReemIslandUAE.com

:)

•••
and just when i was thinking about letting my names drop :hehe: , $$domainer reminds me of the carrot dangling in front of me....
excellent info and am excited to see how development and investments unfold.... sp

•••
Congratulations! Your registration request for the domain name(s) below was successful:

UAEREEMISLAND.COM

(Whew! GoDaddy told me they failed to register it...)

Last edited:
•••
All this talk is very encouraging and believe me I hope it's all true, As you can see I have some money invested in my site regarding Dubai/UAE domains. I do think I have some of fairly high quality, and I do get about 3-4 uniques a day on www.dubaidomainnames.com, and quite a few from the UAE based on Google Analytics reports. BUT Almost NO offers so far!!!!!!!!!

I mean it makes sense that that area of the world will be central to alot of businesses and money, but are they really into buying .com domains? Is there really a market for it, or were painting ourselves an illusion.

Even though I have my site and trying to "keep the dream alive", I gotta say Domainer that you are one of the most positive here. I hope your right in your predictions.

•••
pokainc said:
All this talk is very encouraging and believe me I hope it's all true, As you can see I have some money invested in my site regarding Dubai/UAE domains. I do think I have some of fairly high quality, and I do get about 3-4 uniques a day on www.dubaidomainnames.com, and quite a few from the UAE based on Google Analytics reports. BUT Almost NO offers so far!!!!!!!!!

I mean it makes sense that that area of the world will be central to alot of businesses and money, but are they really into buying .com domains? Is there really a market for it, or were painting ourselves an illusion.

Even though I have my site and trying to "keep the dream alive", I gotta say Domainer that you are one of the most positive here. I hope your right in your predictions.

I agree with $$Domainer that good UAE domain names will prove to be lucrative investments. Although, I do think it will take a couple years before they really start picking up. Many of these projects are not expected to be complete for another 2-7 years. In my opinion (and $$Domainers I'm sure) utilizing your domains now to develop them into some sort of site whether it's informational, a forum, blog, or a comprehensive site/project where you are a liaison between UAE real estate brokers and the public, or UAE businesses and the public, etc.. Anyway you look at it you can paint your own vision or illusion based on what you do with your domain names until they start becoming a commodity.

Since we have picked up most of the generic, premium, and short domains related to the UAE and it's mega projects, I do have faith that our investments will pan out. The scale of success we have with these investments will depend on how we market them, to who and how much time we spend on developing some of our portfolios. Just like any good domain, ones with more back links, page rank, traffic, indexed pages, and age will be more valuable to an end user. I need to follow my own advice and keep my UAE portfolio from being to static. Good luck guys!

Last edited:
•••
pokainc said:

That is a very honest and real question, one of the best I've seen in this thread.

•••
nicedomains said:
I agree with $$Domainer that good UAE domain names will prove to be lucrative investments. Although, I do think it will take a couple years before they really start picking up. Many of these projects are not expected to be complete for another 2-7 years. In my opinion (and $$Domainers I'm sure) utilizing your domains now to develop them into some sort of site whether it's informational, a forum, blog, or a comprehensive site/project where you are a liaison between UAE real estate brokers and the public, or UAE businesses and the public, etc.. Anyway you look at it you can paint your own vision or illusion based on what you do with your domain names until they start becoming a commodity.

Since we have picked up most of the generic, premium, and short domains related to the UAE and it's mega projects, I do have faith that our investments will pan out. The scale of success we have with these investments will depend on how we market them, to who and how much time we spend on developing some of our portfolios. Just like any good domain, ones with more back links, page rank, traffic, indexed pages, and age will be more valuable to an end user. I need to follow my own advice and keep my UAE portfolio from being to static. Good luck guys!

Very, very well said. Look, if you just want to be a domain flipper and buy UAE names for $7.00 and sell for $35 and pat yourself on the back beacause you made 500% profit, then go ahead. Whoopy! You made $28 bucks! The best investors throughout the world, whether it be Warren Buffet or Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal, all have a buy and hold attitude. Not a flipper attitude. You invest in hot growth sectors with huge potential and you BE PATIENT! Period. There is no area on earth right now with more potential than the UAE/Gulf region. No other area even comes close to developing the incredible Mega Projects of the UAE/Gulf. Not China. Not India. Certainly not USA.
-------------------------------

Now here is a tip about one amazing Mega Project that not too many people are even aware of right now. It is being built in Moscow and is called the Crystal Island. Upon completion it will be the biggest building in the world. So big it will house an entire city. And the architecture looks really awesome. This is a development on par with the UAE Mega Projects, but this time we are in Russia. I didn't like the Federated Islands project in Russia beacause it is too isolated...but Crystal Island is RIGHT IN MOSCOW. It will become a Russian Icon!

This one is worth going after. Check it out for yourself here:

http://www.fosterandpartners.com/News/324/Default.aspx

...and you can check out my blog for UAE/Gulf Mega Project domain ideas and news:

•••
ipodxpert said:
I already have
BusinessBay.tv (future financial center of Middle East and perhaps one day the world)

DubaiMarina.tv (2nd Largest Man-made marina after Marina Del Ray in Los Angeles)

DubaiInternetCity.org

I hope value of these 3 domains increase over the period of time.

BusinessBay.tv and DubaiMarina.tv = Sweet Names!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back