alert Beware of greedy member

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.comTop Member
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
Hi everyone,

Beware of this new member https://www.namepros.com/members/matthewpataki.1069608 who created this thread https://www.namepros.com/threads/inherited-a-lot-of-domains-2500-looking-for-guidance.1325155

I discussed with him about some of his domains and he agreed to sell some of his domains and kept changing his stance multiple times on selling those domains, availability and prices as well. I've blocked this guy at WhatsApp and wanted to inform you guys to avoid dealing with this cheap and greedy person.

It's a risk to do business with him. You never know that you'll pay the agreed amount + escrow fees and later he backs out, you'll end up losing at least the escrow fees and your valuable time.

Thanks for reading and be careful whom to deal with around.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If this was on any platform, there would be official ways to agree to the transaction. It's like saying the seller agreed to the sale price based on the Dan.com chatlog without actually agreeing to the final transactuion.

I'm sure @AbdulBasit.com will lose some of that respect if he doesn't rectify this.

Say what you want, but this shows no class.
And if you saw complete chat logs where he agreed would you take your words back? The only lack of class is those rushing to defend an unknown entity without full proofs.

And its not “slander” if its true. The guy used his full name to join this forum so his name is public thanks to him and him alone.

•••
Well to be fair many Namepros members have shared with the community when someone agreed to buy or sell something here and reneged.
If you click on these links (which I had to delete)

You will see that these people were actually scammed or being asked for a refund etc

Our conversation never even made it out of WhatsApp

My partner didn’t respond to his email because we didn’t come to a deal

It wasn’t anywhere close to escrow

Money wasn’t anywhere close to being transacted

•••
Hahaha I am a lurker just getting into domains but had to register for this one. This entire situation is so childish it's hilarious grown adults are behind these accounts.

To understand the situation..

1. Abdul tries to lowball a newbie and offers ridiculous prices (okay fine I guess business wise)
2. Matthew softly agrees to the offer but no contract is sent and there is no escrow
3. Matthew realizes he's getting lowballed and doesn't want to sell his portfolio for "peanuts" and backs out
4. Abdul gets angry and doxes him on an online forum

Is this a serious conversation? Matthew clearly backed out of the deal but who could blame him for $700 more on a SINGLE domain. Abdul is clearly in the wrong and doxing him. This is so silly. Just completely baffling this is a grown man.

•••
No that's fact, Whether someone is "greedy" is a subjective judgment and opinion. In order for a statement to be defamatory it must be factually false.
The elements that must be proved to establish defamation are:

1. a publication to one other than the person defamed;
  2. a false statement of fact;
  3. that is understood as
  • a. being of and concerning the plaintiff; and
  • b. tending to harm the reputation of plaintiff.

•••
Matthew - lesson here is don't use your real name when you're dealing with domainers. They'll dox you if they don't get to lowball you!

•••
Hahaha I am a lurker just getting into domains but had to register for this one. This entire situation is so childish it's hilarious grown adults are behind these accounts.

To understand the situation..

1. Abdul tries to lowball a newbie and offers ridiculous prices (okay fine I guess business wise)
2. Matthew softly agrees to the offer but no contract is sent and there is no escrow
3. Matthew realizes he's getting lowballed and doesn't want to sell his portfolio for "peanuts" and backs out
4. Abdul gets angry and doxes him on an online forum

Is this a serious conversation? Matthew clearly backed out of the deal but who could blame him for $700 more on a SINGLE domain. Abdul is clearly in the wrong and doxing him. This is so silly. Just completely baffling this is a grown man.
Thank you for saying the obvious.

•••
If you click on these links (which I had to delete)

You will see that these people were actually scammed or being asked for a refund etc

Our conversation never even made it out of WhatsApp

My partner didn’t respond to his email because we didn’t come to a deal

It wasn’t anywhere close to escrow

Money wasn’t anywhere close to being transacted
No Matthew I was just pointing out because some were implying that you never post stuff like this unless there was Escrow.com and I am saying many times people post when someone did not honor a deal.

Ask the mods @Bravo Mod Team @Echo Mod Team If you said to Abdul Demonsoft.com $165 and he got back a few hours later and said what's your PayPal? And you said sorry $800 now, the mods would intervene and suspend or block with no domain push.

•••
Well I will agree with you when you remove a name from a bundle you do have to renegotiate it, I have had to do it plenty of times. Usually it's people take the best name out, and still want the price per domain average for the rest.
Totally agree.

But the point is he agreed to sell demonsoft.com for 165 dollars after that domain greenerdays was removed the bulk list. And later he backtracked from it because he said now he has 800 dollars offer for this domain so he cannot sell this one.

•••
No Matthew I was just pointing out because some were implying that you never post stuff like this unless there was Escrow.com and I am saying many times people post when someone did not honor a deal.

Ask the mods @Bravo Mod Team @Echo Mod Team If you said to Abdul Demonsoft.com $165 and he got back a few hours later and said what's your PayPal? And you said sorry $800 now, the mods would intervene and suspend or block with no domain push.
When do the mods check for domain pushes?

•••
Totally agree.

But the point is he agreed to sell demonsoft.com for 165 dollars after that domain greenerdays was removed the bulk list. And later he backtracked from it because he said now he has 800 dollars offer for this domain so he cannot sell this one.
You are literally doxing an individual for opting not to get ripped off by you. This is insanity hahahaha

•••
a false statement of fact;
Right I agree and element number 2 needs to be proved. As I said before you entered the thread. Someone saying someone is greedy is an opinion, most might not agree but they are entitled to the opinion.

Plus the fact these people are both continents away no one is getting a lawyer unless they like wasting money.

@jberryhill

•••
When do the mods check for domain pushes?
When they tell someone you need to honor the deal, and they ask the other party did you receive the name? If you did not let us know and we will take the appropriate action.

•••
Right I agree and element number 2 needs to be proved. As I said before you entered the thread. Someone saying someone is greedy is an opinion, most might not agree but they are entitled to the opinion.

Plus the fact these people are both continents away no one is getting a lawyer unless they like wasting money.

@jberryhill
I think you will find he has done a lot more than just say he is greedy.
A lawyer worth his salt would easily get this to court

•••
Abdul, can you remove this post and move on? I have no issue deleting my account and never visiting this website again.

I think this is a fair request.. and I won’t back out of this deal.. lol

•••
hahahaha you always come up with the good stuff Chris, punched in the digital face. That is good. But you know that's true.

Let me ask you this obviously purely hypothetical. I come here kind of new, but I lucked out a family member owned Chris.com since 1990. He gave it to me, I find namepros, I put it in TopDomains.com you are the first person to pm me, Hey I will give you $10K for the name. I think wow $10K. Ok I will sell it, how do we do that?

You are off Namepros at the time, meanwhile Braden Pollock pms me "Bro I will give you $50K for Chris.com do you use Escrow.com?"

You come back on and say oh we can use DAN.com or Escrow.com I will walk you through it.

I then say sorry dude It's now $60K because I got a $50K offer. You are not saying a word???, you are just keeping to yourself saying "Oh shit that newbie just kicked me in the digital balls, oh well."

Hmm... fun experiment, but not sure how applicable it is in this scenario. But I'll play:

First off, I'd approach the situation more like a human than a shark. I'd offer condolences, and would be upfront that Chris.com is worth far more than I could offer, but I would very much love to own it. I could offer $10k now, or do my best to try and come up with a fair price. Perhaps even look for a loan...

Secondly, if he agree's to sell it, I would suggest a marketplace, perhaps the registrar it's registered at or I'd try to educate the seller on what escrow.com is. All while knowing the deal is never binding until the seller agrees to escrow.com, dan.coms, or the registrars transaction.

Thirdly, I'd be bummed to learn Bradon outbid the price the newbie agreed to sell it for, but I'd understand it since we had never officially entered any agreement, were still in negotiations.

Lastly, I'd see if I could lock the seller into an agreement for $$,$$$ then I'd figure out the additional funding. Otherwise, it would just be another well done acquisition for Braden. I might regret not placing a stronger offer, but I wouldn't have counted my chickens before they hatched. And I surely wouldn't have attempted to ruin the sellers personal repuation online as it appears @AbdulBasit.com is (indirectly or directly) attempting to do with his overly spiteful thread title and subsequent actions.

And if you saw complete chat logs where he agreed would you take your words back?

I guess it would depend on what the chatlogs said. But to go as far as to claim a binding agreement was in a whatsapp chat log, despite any money changing hands, and despite the seller never providing payment information to the buyer, I think it's unlikely that I would be taking my words back given the situation here.

Last edited:
•••
You are literally doxing an individual for opting not to get ripped off by you. This is insanity hahahaha
He doxxed himself and you haven’t been in this long enough to understand that reputation is everything in this business. Lowball or pricing doesn’t matter if he agreed to it.

What happened here was he changed his mind decided not to honor a deal and Abdul has every right to share that he reneges on deals.

•••
He doxxed himself and you haven’t been in this long enough to understand that reputation is everything in this business. Lowball or pricing doesn’t matter if he agreed to it.

What happened here was he changed his mind decided not to honor a deal and Abdul has every right to share that he reneges on deals.
You just said reputation is everything then in the next sentence lowball doesn't matter. You understand what reputation means right?

•••
No Matthew. He will delete it only when you:
1. Give him all of your domains for $150
2. Name your first born child after him
3. Let him sleep in your house
4. Kiss his feet

If you don't meet all of his demands, he will ensure that you can NEVER transact with other domainers as he is the authoritative figure in conducting private business.
Tonight has been extremely illuminating into the calibre of the people here.
I had my suspicions but am still surprised and shocked at how low they are willing to go to gain a buck.

Poor morals and poor ethics.

•••
I think you will find he has done a lot more than just say he is greedy.
A lawyer worth his salt would easily get this to court
We will have to agree to disagree.
Hmm... fun experiment, but not sure how applicable it is in this scenario. But I'll play:

First off, I'd approach the situation more like a human than a shark. I'd offer condolences, and would be upfront that Chris.com is worth far more than I could offer, but I would very much love to own it. I could offer $10k now, or do my best to try and come up with a fair price. Perhaps even look for a loan...

Secondly, if he agree's to sell it, I would suggest a marketplace, perhaps the registrar it's registered at or I'd try to educate the seller on what escrow.com is. All while knowing the deal is never binding until the seller agrees to escrow.com or dan.coms transaction.

Thirdly, I'd be bummed to learn Bradon outbid the price the newbie agreed to sell it for, but I'd understand it since we had never officially entered any agreement, were still in negotiations.

Lastly, I'd see if I could lock the seller into an agreement for $$,$$$ then I'd figure out the additional funding. Otherwise, it would just be another well done acquisition for Braden. I might regret not placing a stronger offer, but I wouldn't have counted my chickens before they hatched. And I surely wouldn't have attempted to ruin the sellers personal repuation online as it appears @AbdulBasit.com is (indirectly or directly) attempting to do out of spite.

I guess it would depend on what the chatlogs said. But to go as far as to claim a binding agreement was in a whatsapp chat log, despite any money changing hands, and despite the seller never providing payment information to the buyer, I think it's unlikely that I would be taking my words back given the situation here.
And you know I think you are a good guy and I think others would do that to but many would not. I don't think the initial thread went the right way it was no one saying hey contact Andrew Rosener, and Grit Brokerage swooped in are they Shark Adjacent?

if it's hey it could go for more. Many members here purchased names for people in the $20 to $100 range that sold those names retail for $5,000 to $50,000 so it seems a lot of people are due rebates. I mean these rules have to work and be the same for everyone right?

•••
This is an unfortunate situation.

I saw the original post about inheriting domains, but decided not to purse it because of issues with the (new) owner likely not being aware of values.

On the other side, if you agree to sell a domain you need to follow through.

It's kind of hard to tell exactly what happened here as there is not a full conversation.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

You are taking an assumption that a bulk deal offer doesn't have to be renegotiated after it's found out that several domains weren't available.

To my understanding, Matthew offered him a fixed price on several domains and effectively assigned "prices" to each one to come out to a bulk price. Several domains weren't available and then Abdul attempted to force Matthew into selling one for the "bulk" price.

It is very obvious an experienced user was attempting to take advantage of someone and threw a fit when it didn't work out.

•••

I had no issue attaching my name to the business, because I’m willing to be fully transparent and communicative

But lesson learned

•••
Abdul, can you remove this post and move on? I have no issue deleting my account and never visiting this website again.

I think this is a fair request.. and I won’t back out of this deal.. lol
Matthew Abdul does not have the ability to delete this thread so you two can contact the mods.

•••
You are taking an assumption that a bulk deal offer doesn't have to be renegotiated after it's found out that several domains weren't available.

To my understanding, Matthew offered him a fixed price on several domains and effectively assigned "prices" to each one to come out to a bulk price. Several domains weren't available and then Abdul attempted to force Matthew into selling one for the "bulk" price.

It is very obvious an experienced user was attempting to take advantage of someone and threw a fit when it didn't work out.
Further.. it's actually more showing that this user is willing to slander someone for not getting their way. Please let me know when a business publicly shames someone for not following their orders. This reflects extremely poorly on Abdul and I hope others see this and avoid entering conversations with him.

•••
And you know I think you are a good guy and I think others would do that to but many would not. I don't think the initial thread went the right way it was no one saying hey contact Andrew Rosener, and Grit Brokerage swooped in are they Shark Adjacent?

if it's hey it could go for more. Many members here purchased names for people in the $20 to $100 range that sold those names retail for $5,000 to $50,000 so it seems a lot of people are due rebates. I mean these rules have to work and be the same for everyone right?

Thanks, and I think you're a great person as well!

But I'm confused by what you're trying to get at in this post...

Want to elaborate? Or has all the juice in this orange been squeezed out many times over already?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back