IT.COM

discuss Best Lander Amongst Three.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which lander you like or will recommend, only out of these three?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Dan

• Uniregistry

• Epik

• Other

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

vij

Established Member
Impact
which lander Do you like or will recommend, and why, only out of these three? Uni-Dan-Epik

ps; none of the above not an option:xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey @Rob Monster , I have a question, is the payment processing options only applicable for domains that transferred to EPIK? For e.g, my domain is in namecheap, but im using Epik landers, would I still able to to have EPIK to process the payment? thanks

Yes, it is possible to do Make Offer and Buy Now landers for non-Epik domains. For a lease, the domain would need to come to Epik first or we do it as an escrow transaction with the transfer happening as part of the escrow process. The easiest is to just have the domain at Epik but it can be done in steps. PM us if you get stuck with a particular domain or transaction.

•••
Efty is not included in this list of the top 3. Recently they made a case that they are great because they don't see your inquiries. I want to give you my arguments for why you do WANT us to see your dealflow:

1. You have a backup. If something happens to your lead-tracking data, there should be an archive of those offers. It turns out, we are about to release a major CRM tool that will make that super easy.

2. Your marketplace partner can help you close deals. Marketplaces know a lot about who is sending the offers. They also can be a trusted intermediary or facilitator. This can be a real difference-maker.

3. Leads have a market value. If you want to later sell domains, it is very helpful to have a 3rd party validate that you did have real offers for your names and when those offers happened.

4. Domains with qualified leads have borrowing value. A domain with no inquiries might have a high appraisal but it is really hard to lend against a domain that never gets an inquiry.

What domain investor should care about is whether or not they trust the vendor to do the right thing with that data. I believe some marketplaces will try to sell a bidder one of their names instead. That is a loser move.

Bottom line: the folks at Efty are lovely and clever. However, I think they need to bring stronger arguments as to why anyone should want to pay to use features that you can get for free elsewhere.

Last edited:
•••
Efty is not included in this list of the top 3. Recently they made a case that they are great because they don't see your inquiries. I want to give you my arguments for why you do WANT us to see your dealflow:

1. You have a backup. If something happens to your lead-tracking data, there should be an archive of those offers. It turns out, we are about to release a major CRM tool that will make that super easy.

2. Your marketplace partner can help you close deals. Marketplaces know a lot about who is sending the offers. They also can be a trusted intermediary or facilitator. This can be a real difference-maker.

3. Leads have a market value. If you want to later sell domains, it is very helpful to have a 3rd party validate that you did have real offers for your names and when those offers happened.

4. Domains with qualified leads have borrowing value. A domain with no inquiries might have a high appraisal but it is really hard to lend against a domain that never gets an inquiry.

What domain investor should care about is whether or not they trust the vendor to do the right thing with that data. I believe some marketplaces will try to sell a bidder one of their names instead. That is a loser move.

Bottom line: the folks at Efty are lovely and clever. However, I think they need to bring stronger arguments as to why anyone should want to pay to use features that you can get for free elsewhere.

I just woke up but how can Efty be in the top 3 if they're not even in the list to vote?

You have a lot of Epik employees vote for..........Epik.

And you're just not paying for landers. We went over this in the other thread, you guys tried to have that thread deleted. They're not a marketplace like the 3 above. You can't go to the site and buy domains. Marketplace in the Efty world means a domainers own portfolio.

Last edited:
•••
I just woke up but how can Efty be in the top 3 if they're not even in the list to vote?

You have a lot of Epik employees vote for..........Epik.

And you're just not paying for landers. We went over this in the other thread, you guys tried to have that thread deleted.

As for Efty, I specifically said they were not in the list. I was addressing their statement that the Lander provider should not be able to see the deal flow. I think their logic is nonsense.

As for your other ad hominem, I have no idea what you are talking about but please bring incontrovertible proof to support this statement.

•••
Idea in the air: offer the option to upload a custom background to go with the theme for the domain on the lander (next best thing to a logo) or at least a pre-selection of backgrounds to choose from for each major industry/category of domains if storage is an issue. :) Efty offers this.

PS: I have a feeling Epik is going to shake things up big time pretty soon. Good for everyone. Everyone needs to get on their stuff.

Last edited:
•••
According to the W3C, Epik landers are without errors. Zero

•••
The epik landers do look rather nice & modern

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back