NameSilo

Best Lander Amongst Three.

Labeled as discuss in Domain Parking and Traffic Monetization started by vij, Sep 22, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

?

which lander you like or will recommend, only out of these three?

1. Dan

2. Uniregistry

3. Epik

Results are only viewable after voting.
Total: 154 vote(s)
  1. topdom

topdom Established Member

Epik's new landing pages and even the new default landing page look good, but there is no visit tracking.
    So it is very difficult to know whether outbound efforts are working, because people don't like replying emails
    (although my emails are never boring).

Sedo has partial visit tracking. Afternic has none as far as I know. Epik has offer tacking but no visit tracking. Dan has both?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Sheogorath

Sheogorath Top Member VIP

The thread might be either Dan or Epik promo, it is hard to decide which one.
    Though it may be just a "curious" domainer who wants to know which one is the best lander.
    That's the irony of it, we will never know for sure :laugh:

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent Gold Account VIP Trusted Blogger

Hi Rob,
    It may just be my experience, but it seems to me that there is not quite as universally fast loading (at least from here in western Canada) compared to the situation say a month or more ago. This is only the case during 'peak' North American hours, i.e. middle off night still run fast. It is still pretty fast, but have your tech people noticed any slowing. I presume if I am right, and maybe I am not, it is due to many more people using your great landers and more interest in names listed for sale on your site.
    Bob

4. MrAcidic

MrAcidic Account Auto-Closed Gold Account

Curious that no one has mentioned Uniregistry? I don't use them (mix of Epik and Dan for me) but they have a good pipeline of sales coming through....

5. Rob Monster

Rob Monster CEO, Epik Epik.com Staff PRO Gold Account VIP

Bob,

You are right. See Canada today:

http://ping.pe/laptopcomputers.com

We'll have that down shortly.

6. Marshall

Marshall Hot Member VIP

Can we use Epik landers for the domains that are not registered at Epik?
    If yes, how?

7. Rob Monster

Before:
    upload_2019-9-23_9-48-13.png

After:

after.png

The problem was traffic to Vancouver was routing over Switzerland rather than through the US Border Gateway Protocol (BGP).

Pretty bad-ass that we can fix that on our own network, right?

8. Rob Monster

Also, our Asia ping times should get a lot better in the next 24 hours. A new Japan CDN node is coming online today thanks to @Miao.

9. Josh R

Josh R Owner of BrandConsultants.com & PremiumBrands.com PRO VIP

TrustRatings.com :xf.wink: - Very clever indeed.

Why use TrustPilot.com when you can make your own rating site?
    upload_2019-9-23_10-5-2.png

10. Rob Monster

Check the Performance Tab:

upload_2019-9-23_10-6-5.png

Later this week you will be able to drill down on the visit number and see the visit activity detail.

11. Gube

Gube Member Epik.com Staff

Hello,

Yes it's possible.
    Import your domains to your portfolio.
    Change your nameservers to ns3.epik.com and ns4.epik.com
    Then go to Build > Park this domain :)

Gube,

12. Miao

Miao Member Epik.com Staff Gold Account

Not a problem @Rob Monster Epik's network is growing fast, we control 100% of the routes and traffic that goes through our network, any optimization needed we can do it on our side. Epik has a live Network Weather map for anyone interested. https://as34962.net/

13. Rob Monster

Just PM @epik and we'll approve you for that. You can add domains under Domains --> Add domains:

https://registrar.epik.com/portfolio-import

And then just activate landers and marketplace:

https://www.epik.com/support/knowledgebase/selling-and-leasing-domains-on-epik/

https://www.epik.com/support/knowledgebase/enable-a-coming-soon-or-domain-parking-page/

We don't approve it for everyone but NP members pretty much always get approved. It is by approval to prevent scammers from listing inventory they don't own.

14. Rob Monster

For the record, we don't even know the OP of this thread. I am not even sure he/she is an Epik client.

Great thread. I just followed him/her now.

15. MrAcidic

MrAcidic Account Auto-Closed Gold Account

This is not a dig - I love Epik and use them but this thread has gone off topic.....less promotion and more peoples opinions on their choice of the best lander would be appreciated......a lot these posts could be made in the Epik thread......

16. Leopard

Leopard Named 150 + Companies . Brand Consultant

Is Epik planning on allowing logos to be uploaded for names and also for display in custom marketplace ?

The feature will be useful especially for clients selling brandable -type domains. Nice logo or concept helps to sell such type names better .

Regards
    Leopard

17. Rob Monster

Yes, good idea. Would you replace the Epik logo in upper left? Fine with that, by the way. @Ala Dadan will make that happen here shortly. I suggest:

1. Default logo as account-wide preference

2. Domain-specific logo as optional override.

Would you ever need more than one logo?

Upper left is OK?

18. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent Gold Account VIP Trusted Blogger

Thanks for rapid response. I don't claim to understand the technical details, and frankly I had always thought that Switzerland was between Washington State and British Columbia - you are telling me that is not right? :xf.grin:

19. Josh R

Josh R Owner of BrandConsultants.com & PremiumBrands.com PRO VIP

I have to say - I'm very impressed with @Rob Monster interaction with customers. This is the only way to truly build an amazing product.

Loads of big companies could learn a very valuable lesson from this. DAN also do this well, but it's a rarity.

In regards to best Lander. Test the ones that work for you but I'd say DAN and Epik are definitely the leaders right now.

20. Rob Monster

A vendor is pitching the idea of using Push Notifications inside of SSL landers:

upload_2019-9-23_10-44-15.png

Yes, the image is hideous, but set that aside. Would this be useful for automated re-targeting of people who visit your landers to hit them about price changes, or invite offers?

21. Rob Monster

TrustRatings.com will be quite legit. We are still scouting for a Product Manager for the business unit and may spin it out into its own NewCo just to keep things firewalled. Right now we are incubating it. I believe it will be a winner. The competition is capable but they are overcharging big-time.

22. trelgor

trelgor Established Member

23. frank-germany

frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician Gold Account VIP

24. DomainBanana

DomainBanana Established Member

Is the OP referring to the appearance of the lander or the best lander to get sales? If the latter, the best of the three is Uniregistry hands down. Uni may be ugly but behind Uni's lander is a professional, dedicated sales team committed to following up with buyers and brokering your sale.

This is a huge added value.

Many buyers don't want to deal directly with domain owners. They prefer having a reputable third-party broker the transaction, both for trust and for perceived fairness in pricing.

Of the three, I'd take Uniregstry all day.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  25. Rob Monster

I wish we could have closed that deal. Reza and I have agreed to not discuss it. I would do that deal again today if I could. I saw great potential there and still see it. That is all I will say about that.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice