Dynadot

discuss Best Lander Amongst Three.

NameSilo
Watch

Which lander you like or will recommend, only out of these three?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Dan

• Uniregistry

• Epik

• Other

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

vij

Established Member
Impact
which lander Do you like or will recommend, and why, only out of these three? Uni-Dan-Epik

ps; none of the above not an option:xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
None of the above.
I'm using Sedo sale landers for my domains.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Currently, I have no need to change my sale lander, so it is irrelevant to me.
Though Uniregistry & Dan have good sale landers, so if I didn't use Sedo, I probably picked one of those two.
I don't plan to change my sale lander anytime soon.

Note: No matter what sale lander you're using, if the domain itself is of low value, it will be hard to sell.

•••
•••
The challenge with Sedo landers is that the PPC landers are completely blanked out by ad blockers. The new non-PPC landers may fare better but they are redirects to Sedo.com, so there is no implicit SEO value to these domains whatsoever. The domains themselves have overwhelming SEO potential which is why we built the Epik landers around the thesis that each domain should have its own narrative.

Example:

https://laptopcomputers.com/

Many folks sharing examples in this thread:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/discuss-your-epik-experience.1146613/

Very important though is that I believe landers should NOT be "buy now." They should be Make Offer. When you do this on Epik, we send you the full details of who made the offer. You can reply via email and discuss the options, or you can accept their offer. Either way, you can use intelligence in crafting the deal -- buy now, lease or finance.

The landers themselves run on a global content delivery network powered by our February acquisition of BitMitigate.com. As a result, the landers load fast in every place, and look great on web and mobile. Check it out on mobile:

upload_2019-9-22_14-13-22.png

The landers are multi-language and multi-currency -- it changes depending on the user's browser preferences and detected IP location.

The traffic stats are collected at the network edge, so no delay in visitor counting. If you want to add your own Google Analytics, you can do it for each domain easily. See the how-to articles:

https://www.epik.com/support/knowledgebase/selling-and-leasing-domains-on-epik/

https://www.epik.com/support/knowledgebase/enable-a-coming-soon-or-domain-parking-page/

Also, anyone can use this service. If you are a NamePros user, you can be approved to use the SSL landers on your non-Epik domains. As such, people are moving domains to these landers in batches of 5,000 on a now daily basis, because of early success with it.

When you make a sale, you can use sales proceeds or leasing income to fund transfers or new creates. Our .COM promo right now is $5.49 all-inclusive through month-end. .COM transfer is an equally insane $6.49 also through month-end.

For offers that do come in, if you want help closing a deal, just ask.

•••
The challenge with Sedo landers is that the PPC landers are completely blanked out by ad blockers. The new non-PPC landers may fare better but they are redirects to Sedo.com, so there is no implicit SEO value to these domains whatsoever. The domains themselves have overwhelming SEO potential which is why we built the Epik landers around the thesis that each domain should have its own narrative.

Example:

https://laptopcomputers.com/

Many folks sharing examples in this thread:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/discuss-your-epik-experience.1146613/

Very important though is that I believe landers should NOT be "buy now." They should be Make Offer. When you do this on Epik, we send you the full details of who made the offer. You can reply via email and discuss the options, or you can accept their offer. Either way, you can use intelligence in crafting the deal -- buy now, lease or finance.

The landers themselves run on a global content delivery network powered by our February acquisition of BitMitigate.com. As a result, the landers load fast in every place, and look great on web and mobile. Check it out on mobile:

Show attachment 129742

The landers are multi-language and multi-currency -- it changes depending on the user's browser preferences and detected IP location.

The traffic stats are collected at the network edge, so no delay in visitor counting. If you want to add your own Google Analytics, you can do it for each domain easily. See the how-to articles:

https://www.epik.com/support/knowledgebase/selling-and-leasing-domains-on-epik/

https://www.epik.com/support/knowledgebase/enable-a-coming-soon-or-domain-parking-page/

Also, anyone can use this service. If you are a NamePros user, you can be approved to use the SSL landers on your non-Epik domains. As such, people are moving domains to these landers in batches of 5,000 on a now daily basis, because of early success with it.

When you make a sale, you can use sales proceeds or leasing income to fund transfers or new creates. Our .COM promo right now is $5.49 all-inclusive through month-end. .COM transfer is an equally insane $6.49 also through month-end.

For offers that do come in, if you want help closing a deal, just ask.

Few questions, really didn't take a look at it but it keeps getting mentioned.

You said:
"Very important though is that I believe landers should NOT be "buy now.""

The example you're using, laptopcomputers.com, is exactly that, a Buy Now.

I check the TrustRatings.com, I realize it's new, not fleshed out yet, but not sure how people would feel if they actually checked it out and see some of the same people reviewing different sites.

What do you mean by SEO value exactly? It's not like these domains are going to rank for those keywords, meaning if I type in laptop computers, I'm not going to see the domain lander page rank well. Are you talking about a search on laptopcomputers.com and it showing up? Because I get that with other landers as well.

•••
Few questions, really didn't take a look at it but it keeps getting mentioned.

You said:
"Very important though is that I believe landers should NOT be "buy now.""

The example you're using, laptopcomputers.com, is exactly that, a Buy Now.

I check the TrustRatings.com, I realize it's new, not fleshed out yet, but not sure how people would feel if they actually checked it out and see some of the same people reviewing different sites.

What do you mean by SEO value exactly? It's not like these domains are going to rank for those keywords, meaning if I type in laptop computers, I'm not going to see the domain lander page rank well. Are you talking about a search on laptopcomputers.com and it showing up? Because I get that with other landers as well.

The example is to illustrate you can have all three:

- Buy Now
- Lease / Finance
- Make Offer

However, for our ~9,000 O&O names, Make Offer is the standard. I just bought these hyphen names from a NamePros member:

carter-group.com
e-deposit.com
equity-group.com
red-parrot.com

The landers were live in seconds. I could customize but that is off the rack.

TrustRatings.com is nearly complete. On October 1, full Corporate solutions will be live. It is an A-team working on that project. Stay tuned.

The SEO part is really centered on the content editor. You can build a full one-page site with it for free with unique SSL. See here:

upload_2019-9-22_14-51-41.png

The WYSIYG editor lets you add media and formatted tables -- I did a quick and dirty lander for upcoming site called FediHost.com.

upload_2019-9-22_14-52-18.png

These are power tools.

We also have a full API:

https://docs.userapi.epik.com/v2/

If someone wants to use the API, they could use it to auto-populate their SSL landers with content. For details about that API feature, contact us. We don't want it abused.

•••
I voted Epik because I love that you can set a background image, have a full webpage description with styles, lists, etc. and can have hyperlinks. They do a nice job of lightening or darkening the image so text looks nice. I also find the presentation of BIN, make offer and payment plan boxes professional, and it is a real advantage that you can communicate with the potential purchaser. It is a small but important bonus that you control capitalization display.

That said I still am a big fan of DAN. They are very easy to implement, allow long text if desired including italic or bold for emphasis, and have similarly nice display of BIN, offer and payment plans. They look very professional. If you have quality logos can show them. The show other popular domains from this seller is a nice feature, and they highlight information on the seller. I like that you can turn traffic stat display on or off.

I have looked at Uniregistry ones that also look clean and professional but have not used their system.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
I think all 3 are ok, but I have not tried Epic or Uniregistry yet :)

At the moment I use DAN.com for many of my domain names - looks great, I personally recommend, those landers are simply amazing.

Dan.com supports BIN, MAKE OFFER, or both combined. In addition, there is also RENTAL option - very flexible settings, and very easy to setup. They also support PAYMENT PLANS, which can be very useful in many cases. And they support your LOGOS - and my domain marketplace is all about beying visual - I love logos.

•••
Since I started I've personally tried all the landers that are offered by the well-know companies
in our industry, however to provide a short answer based on your question, I'm choosing Epik's
lander all day.

So far this lander has the best features that I personally need and use on all my domains,
including multiple payment options, like Crypto which I've started to accept for some time now.

If that's ok with you all, I'd like to share an example of the layout that I'm looking to setup for all my domains.
vWrestling on the com ( I even added the custom favicon, just because I can and it's cool :) )

Last edited:
•••
My vote is for EPIK. I really enjoy being able to monitor all of my domain names "park visits", "whois", and "market visits". I even have a domain name with #131 "whois visits". That feature is very instrumental for me to look up IP-addresses and to negotiate strategically.

Last edited:
•••
DAN Lander is beautiful and using it for most of my domains..
Now try using epik for my outbound domains. so much option to costumize my Landers.

•••
Just rechecked what Berkens prefers nowadays...
No changes... oldschool Sedo... )
Example of his dotcom: bootyshow

Last edited:
•••
And you should know...
The more you demonstrate that you want to sell the domain - the lower will be your negotiation results...
The best/highest sales usually happen on those domains where even not stated that it is for sale.

•••
Well, I voted early and of course for Epik.

The new SSL landers have revitalized my domain drive...seriously. Don't get me wrong, I would have continued to add 1-3 hundred domains a year and parked them wherever or I would have built my own pages and kept on keeping on. Not in a rush to sell anything but when I am, I just find a good name from the stable and market the ears off it till someone buys. But now my motivation is at a three year high and if I keep this up, I will burn out in 2-3 months or I will have made enough sales to get a couple of the recently flooded out coastal cars to add to my backyard collection. My neighbors are thrilled.

•••
Well, I voted early and of course for Epik.

The new SSL landers have revitalized my domain drive...seriously. Don't get me wrong, I would have continued to add 1-3 hundred domains a year and parked them wherever or I would have built my own pages and kept on keeping on. Not in a rush to sell anything but when I am, I just find a good name from the stable and market the ears off it till someone buys. But now my motivation is at a three year high and if I keep this up, I will burn out in 2-3 months or I will have made enough sales to get a couple of the recently flooded out coastal cars to add to my backyard collection. My neighbors are thrilled.

For our understanding, how many flooded out coastal cars can you get for $4200? That was the price last week at which sushi-man.com sold -- a hyphen name off of an Epik SSL lander? Tussi.com sold for 30K Euros. Those were both mine so I can talk about it -- both easy inbounds with SSL landers. Just calibrating.

•••
For our understanding, how many flooded out coastal cars can you get for $4200? That was the price last week at which sushi-man.com sold -- a hyphen name off of an Epik SSL lander? Tussi.com sold for 30K Euros. Those were both mine so I can talk about it -- both easy inbounds with SSL landers. Just calibrating.

LOL...as long as they are not collector types, they run about 300 each. The trick is to break them down before the funky smells start to set in.

It still blows my mind sushi-man sold for that much. It would be awesome if you would break down how the exchanges went and by what method (email, text, phone). I am a bin kinda guy with the option to make an offer on names I don't have a firm price point in mind. I consider myself a pretty good negotiator but for me having that upper starting point has worked out...but if a strict make an offer is the way to go I am not too old or stubborn (yet) to make a change.

It might even be worthy of it's own thread to chronicle the hyphen sales.

Last edited:
•••
LOL...as long as they are not collector types, they run about 300 each. The trick is to break them down before the funky smells start to set in.

It still blows my mind sushi-man sold for that much. It would be awesome if you would break down how the exchanges went and by what method (email, text, phone). I am a bin kinda guy with the option to make an offer on names I don't have a firm price point in mind. I consider myself a pretty good negotiator but for me having that upper starting point has worked out...but if a strict make an offer is the way to go I am not too old or stubborn (yet) to make a change.

It might even be worthy of it's own thread to chronicle the hyphen sales.

The opening offer was $2200.

My reply:

We can sell it for $4200 or lease it for $150/month.

He accepted and he bought it.

I actually think I sold too cheap. Happy for him.

•••
I go with Epik as well. Especially considering it's getting better and better. It's on the right track without questions.

•••
The opening offer was $2200.

My reply:

We can sell it for $4200 or lease it for $150/month.

He accepted and he bought it.

I actually think I sold too cheap. Happy for him.

What made you buy that domain? You bought it for?

•••
Does Epik track visits? I don't see it under performance. Sometimes it shows numbers (not IPs), but I think it doesn't work awlays either. Maybe there is a new type of landing page which I didn't try. Only IPs of whois checks are shown. What does whois check mean. Would most buyers check whois: I think mostly bots and other domainers check whois.

Last edited:
•••
Voted for epik lander, it's clean and clear. I still not got any sales there but I will be pointing all of my name's to epik lander. Maybe I will slowly get transferred my name's there. Good job done by @Rob Monster and team.

•••
The example is to illustrate you can have all three:

- Buy Now
- Lease / Finance
- Make Offer

However, for our ~9,000 O&O names, Make Offer is the standard. I just bought these hyphen names from a NamePros member:

carter-group.com
e-deposit.com
equity-group.com
red-parrot.com

The landers were live in seconds. I could customize but that is off the rack.

TrustRatings.com is nearly complete. On October 1, full Corporate solutions will be live. It is an A-team working on that project. Stay tuned.

The SEO part is really centered on the content editor. You can build a full one-page site with it for free with unique SSL. See here:

Show attachment 129743

The WYSIYG editor lets you add media and formatted tables -- I did a quick and dirty lander for upcoming site called FediHost.com.

Show attachment 129744

These are power tools.

We also have a full API:

https://docs.userapi.epik.com/v2/

If someone wants to use the API, they could use it to auto-populate their SSL landers with content. For details about that API feature, contact us. We don't want it abused.

@Rob would you mind sharing 1 successfully placed SEO result?

•••
the question you ask leaves SEDO off

so the whole thread is an Epik promo again?

•••
Back