IT.COM

Augmented Reality (AR) domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Last night I ignored the urge to register SpaceShipThree.com , and today the .com .net .org and .whatnot is all taken.

Today I decided to redeem myself and find another good dn investment. After a bit of investigation I discovered the huge potential of Augmented Reality: Google Trends: augmented reality . The estimated AR market size in 2014 is $732,000,000 , especially in AR marketing.

I think adverts and billboards shown as augmented reality on mobiles will become simply huge, and so I decided to get a piece of the pie, all new .com registrations:

ar+
advert
adverts
billboard
billboards
registrar

There are still a lot of possibilities available, so I thought I'd share this so you can also get a piece of the action :santa:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My ar names:
Beauty/AR
Moda/AR
AR/Pleasure
AR/Guidance
AR/Translate
AR/Protection
Payment/AR
AR/Simulation
AR/CheckUp
Fengshui/AR

•••
:xf.smile:

STAR WARS™: JEDI CHALLENGES, A NEW SMARTPHONE-POWERED AUGMENTED REALITY EXPERIENCE LAUNCHING THIS HOLIDAY

Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) and Disney today unveiled Star Wars™: Jedi Challenges, a new augmented reality Star Warsproduct that allows fans to experience Star Wars in ways never before possible. Jedi Challenges features a smartphone-powered Lenovo Mirage AR headset, Tracking Beacon, Lightsaber controller, and hours of Star Wars gameplay.2 Jedi Challenges is being unveiled as part of Force Friday II, which celebrates the worldwide launch of new Star Wars products. The product is compatible with both Android phones and iPhones, will be available this holiday season and is available for pre-order now on Lenovo online and at local retailers.1

“With Star Wars: Jedi Challenges, Lenovo and Disney are bringing Star Wars to fans in ways they could previously only imagine,” says Jeff Meredith, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Lenovo Consumer PCs and Smart Devices. “Augmented reality has always been an important part of Star Wars, and it’s exciting to bring these key moments to life by marrying Lenovo technology with Disney’s storytelling.”

Players will hone their Jedi talents across a variety of augmented reality-based experiences, each offering multiple levels of deep and immersive gameplay. To guide the player on this journey, Jedi Challenges will introduce an all-new Star Wars character, the Archivist. The Archivist instructs players in the ways of the Force™ and the knowledge of the Jedi. Throughout these challenges, users will train to perfect their lightsaber skills by taking on some of the most menacing villains the dark side has to offer, command armies in combat missions to defeat the Empire, and outwit their opponents in Holochess, all in augmented reality.

Read more: http://news.lenovo.com/news-release...reality-experience-launching-this-holiday.htm

Last edited:
•••
:xf.smile:

STAR WARS™: JEDI CHALLENGES, A NEW SMARTPHONE-POWERED AUGMENTED REALITY EXPERIENCE LAUNCHING THIS HOLIDAY

Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) and Disney today unveiled Star Wars™: Jedi Challenges, a new augmented reality Star Warsproduct that allows fans to experience Star Wars in ways never before possible. Jedi Challenges features a smartphone-powered Lenovo Mirage AR headset, Tracking Beacon, Lightsaber controller, and hours of Star Wars gameplay.2 Jedi Challenges is being unveiled as part of Force Friday II, which celebrates the worldwide launch of new Star Wars products. The product is compatible with both Android phones and iPhones, will be available this holiday season and is available for pre-order now on Lenovo online and at local retailers.1

“With Star Wars: Jedi Challenges, Lenovo and Disney are bringing Star Wars to fans in ways they could previously only imagine,” says Jeff Meredith, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Lenovo Consumer PCs and Smart Devices. “Augmented reality has always been an important part of Star Wars, and it’s exciting to bring these key moments to life by marrying Lenovo technology with Disney’s storytelling.”

Players will hone their Jedi talents across a variety of augmented reality-based experiences, each offering multiple levels of deep and immersive gameplay. To guide the player on this journey, Jedi Challenges will introduce an all-new Star Wars character, the Archivist. The Archivist instructs players in the ways of the Force™ and the knowledge of the Jedi. Throughout these challenges, users will train to perfect their lightsaber skills by taking on some of the most menacing villains the dark side has to offer, command armies in combat missions to defeat the Empire, and outwit their opponents in Holochess, all in augmented reality.

Read more: http://news.lenovo.com/news-release...reality-experience-launching-this-holiday.htm

That is one big, embarrassingly fugly headset lol... Looking forward to AR in glasses form whenever that may be.

•••
Took a little break away from domaining but off the top of my head I know I have these 10 .coms (unless I have forgot to renew any lol):

AR Arcade
AR Slots
AR Pinball
AR P@rnography
AR Webcam
Fashion AR
Theater AR
Tattoo AR
Filters AR
Augmented Movies

•••
Took a little break away from domaining but off the top of my head I know I have these 10 .coms (unless I have forgot to renew any lol):

AR Arcade
AR Slots
AR Pinball
AR P@rnography
AR Webcam
Fashion AR
Theater AR
Tattoo AR
Filters AR
Augmented Movies

Don't forget to forget the first two anyway. I think that AR slots are going to have huge potential.

•••

AR Arcade
AR Slots
AR Pinball
AR P@rnography
AR Webcam
Fashion AR
Theater AR
Tattoo AR
Filters AR
Augmented Movies

Welcome back my friend. Breaks are good. Nice selection you have there!

•••
•••
•••
•••
to me it's all kind of beyond 3D, hence, 4D, if that makes any sense - but I've never heard anyone mention it, so.. :xf.wink:

•••
•••
SH*T JUST GOT REAL

Last edited:
•••
Will Apple have another "and one more thing" moment this month's event? They do it so often now that it's starting to lose its affect since you know something else is up their sleeves near the end of the event.

Would be nice to see some glasses, but the reports don't hint at anything glasses related. I kind of hope they don't release glasses now because the tech is too primitive and ugly at the moment. It's not like Apple to release during the primitive stage if development.

For example touchscreens on phones had been around before the first iPhone, but Apple waited until tech was advanced enough to put the entire interface on the touchscreen without it being too bulky to fit in your pocket.

Like what's been said before: They'll likely wait untill AR tech is fine enough to make near normal looking glasses - the fine balance between aesthetics and functionality.

•••
word on the street is that the top of the line iPhone will have a full set of 3D sensors, which means that a year from now, that'll trickle down to all models

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
This goes into great detail....

The Mobile Future of Augmented Reality

https://www.qualcomm.com/documents/mobile-future-augmented-reality

My favorite slide in this PDF

Untitled-sd1.jpg

•••
Back To The Future 2 kitchen scene. AR isn't stopping Marty Jr. from eating and doing this business lol....

•••
What are your thoughts on

AROptique / com

Seems to be a common term in the eyewear industry.

•••
What are your thoughts on

AROptique / com

Seems to be a common term in the eyewear industry.

Optique is not that common. Optic/s or optical is the more common usage in the eyewear industry hence why they were long taken. Optique is the French spelling for optic/s.

•••
Optique is not that common. Optic/s or optical is the more common usage in the eyewear industry hence why they were long taken. Optique is the French spelling for optic/s.

Very true. It just has a certain je ne sais quoi about it. I quite like it and just think it would be a good name for an AR Eyewear Business.

•••
that article in TechCrunch is really good. I've read a few things by the author, Matt Miesnieks, and glasses seem to be a long ways off, by all appearances. Still, phone-based AR will start soon, so...

•••
•••
Picked up a couple of loosely related keywords.

VantageAR
PerspectiveAR

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back