Dynadot

Augmented Reality (AR) domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Last night I ignored the urge to register SpaceShipThree.com , and today the .com .net .org and .whatnot is all taken.

Today I decided to redeem myself and find another good dn investment. After a bit of investigation I discovered the huge potential of Augmented Reality: Google Trends: augmented reality . The estimated AR market size in 2014 is $732,000,000 , especially in AR marketing.

I think adverts and billboards shown as augmented reality on mobiles will become simply huge, and so I decided to get a piece of the pie, all new .com registrations:

ar+
advert
adverts
billboard
billboards
registrar

There are still a lot of possibilities available, so I thought I'd share this so you can also get a piece of the action :santa:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ARforkids sold - 350$. Not so high but money is money ;)
Enduser sale.

•••
•••
ARforkids sold - 350$. Not so high but money is money ;)
Enduser sale.

Congrats.

I have more 'augmented' than 'AR' keywords, any recent private sale with augmented in this thread?

•••
Congrats to @eladnof on a rare "AR" sale... Hopefully we'll start seeing more of these in the near future! ;)

•••
•••
•••
haven't regged an ar domain lately so here's a brandable takeoff on word ocular that seemed fitting for ar niche plus it a 5L com too, sweet!

OCUAR.Com
:xf.grin:

•••
SmartPhoneAR - TelephoneAR - ARTelephone

Phab 2 Pro Is Lenovo’s AR Phone, Coming In September For $500

Lenovo finally revealed its Tango augmented reality device, the Phab 2 Pro, will be available in September for $500.

The device is the first phone powered by Google’s AR project led by Johnny Lee.

Read more: http://uploadvr.com/phab-2-pro-lenovo-tango/

•••
Very first grab. Live with AR at the end in king.

So I gather not as many sales as VR, I'll have to read the thread from start of finish, perhaps someone who has might chime in on what's a good ballpark figure to price this at BIN?

I'm a little lost if I'm honest, is there a recap on sales to date on the thread?

•••
Very first grab. Live with AR at the end in king.

So I gather not as many sales as VR, I'll have to read the thread from start of finish, perhaps someone who has might chime in on what's a good ballpark figure to price this at BIN?

I'm a little lost if I'm honest, is there a recap on sales to date on the thread?

Not 2 many.. AR is a bigger gamble then VR ofcourse.

•••
Augmented reality will have many possible uses, including dating and shopping.

Thats why I regged:

ARFlirt dot com
ARSavings dot com

•••
Augmented reality will have many possible uses, including dating and shopping.
Thats why I regged:

ARFlirt dot com
ARSavings dot com

AR is going to be used for dating?

•••
AR is going to be used for dating?

That wasn't an impulse buy. I did my research before rigging. There have already been piloted AR Dating services and simulations posted on YouTube. Google and you will find. Also my coming up with the idea wasn't very hard to do and it's not even my field, so imagine how AR professionals may be pondering these obvious kind of opportunities.

I've also done research on Magic Leaps patent applications and their intended uses. All I can say is that it's going to affect our lives in more ways than most realize today!

•••
That wasn't an impulse buy. I did my research before rigging. There have already been piloted AR Dating services and simulations posted on YouTube. Google and you will find. Also my coming up with the idea wasn't very hard to do and it's not even my field, so imagine how AR professionals may be pondering these obvious kind of opportunities.

I've also done research on Magic Leaps patent applications and their intended uses. All I can say is that it's going to affect our lives in more ways than most realize today!

my friend .

Magic Leap/Microsoft are not making AR.

a lot of confusion with the media and how it describes those technologies and their applications ..

just pay attention .

•••
my friend .

Magic Leap/Microsoft are not making AR.

a lot of confusion with the media and how it describes those technologies and their applications ..

just pay attention .

Ouch! I don't get lectured very often by people who don't know what they're talking about.

Let me help you out a little bit, as I see you're very confused:

1. Magic Leap is NOT Microsoft. It's an independent company that's backed by Google, Alibaba and a host of other investors. You're confusing Magic Leap with MS's Hololens,

2. Magic Leap has a product with the term "mixed reality" in it's title but it hasn't been marketing it's self as a "mixed reality company" because they are doing more than that.

3. You're apparently drinking the "domainer's" KoolAid in believing that MR will be a consumer term. This is wishful thinking and I hope you haven't invested too much money in that term. Despite even the fact that industry professionals can't even agree with each other about the difference between MR and AR, it's important to understand that MR has become mostly an industry insider term in recent years, while AR has become the default CONSUMER term, because consumers are more familiar with things being "augmented" and it's easier to understand.

4. The consumer term "Augmented Reality" is mentioned NINE TIMES on Magic Leap's Wikipedia page. "Mixed Reality" is NOT MENTIONED one single time, for good reason: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Leap

5. To say that Magic Leap is not making AR is like saying that CocaCola isn't making soda. Please "pay more attention"

Last edited:
•••
Ouch! I don't get lectured very often by people who don't know what they're talking about.

Let me help you out a little bit, as I see you're a little bit confused:

1. Magic Leap is NOT Microsoft. It's an independent company that's backed by Google, Alibaba and a host of other investors. You're confusing Magic Leap with MS's Hololens,

2. Magic Leap has a product with the term "mixed reality" in it's title but it hasn't been marketing it's self as a "mixed reality company" because they are doing more than that.

3. You're apparently drinking the "domainer's" KoolAid in believing that MR will be a consumer term. This is wishful thinking and I hope you haven't invested too much money in that term. Despite even the fact that industry professionals can't even agree with each other about the difference between MR and AR, it's important to understand that MR has become mostly an industry insider term in recent years, while AR has become the default CONSUMER term, because consumers are more familiar with things being "augmented" and it's easier to understand.

4. The consumer term "Augmented Reality" is mentioned NINE TIMES on Magic Leap's Wikipedia page. "Mixed Reality" is NOT MENTIONED one single time, for good reason: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Leap

i tried my best ...

you are right, good luck .

Last edited:
•••
Meta raises $50M for its next-generation augmented reality headset

Meta has raised a second round of funding of $50 million for its augmented reality headset.

With augmented reality, computer-connected glasses can overlay animations on the real world, giving you much more data about what you see in your surroundings. You could, for instance, look at a mountain and see how tall it is, or how much a particular piece of clothing costs.

Redwood City, Calif.-based Meta is one of many chasing the augmented reality glasses market. But as big as the round is, it pales in comparison to the $793.5 million raised in February by Magic Leap, an AR startup in Florida. Tech advisor Digi-Capital expects augmented reality to be a $90 billion market by 2020.

Read more: http://venturebeat.com/2016/06/13/m...ts-next-generation-augmented-reality-headset/

•••

5. To say that Magic Leap is not making AR is like saying that CocaCola isn't making soda. Please "pay more attention"

I concur that the jury is still out on the adoption of the terms "mixed reality" and "MR." (I would also note that I read Magic Leap briefly flirted with the term "Creative Reality," then promptly abandoned it... )

I would also agree that the "Mixed Reality" term aficionados are fighting an uphill battle, not only against media conventions and common usage, but also against the tide of a generation of science fiction literature... This said, we all place our bets, and see where the cards land... (And I have been surprised before by how the market played out... ;))

PS - A quick review of the terms Virtual Reality/Mixed Reality / Augmented Reality on Google trends seems to indicate that conventional usage is holding firm so far... time will tell...

•••
There's also Trans-reality and Alt-reality. The consumer can't keep up! lol best to stick with AR and VR as your main -"reality" investments and dabble in others in smaller numbers IMHO...

•••
I concur that the jury is still out on the adoption of the terms "mixed reality" and "MR." (I would also note that I read Magic Leap briefly flirted with the term "Creative Reality," then promptly abandoned it... )

I would also agree that the "Mixed Reality" term aficionados are fighting an uphill battle, not only against media conventions and common usage, but also against the tide of a generation of science fiction literature... This said, we all place our bets, and see where the cards land... (And I have been surprised before by how the market played out... ;))

PS - A quick review of the terms Virtual Reality/Mixed Reality / Augmented Reality on Google trends seems to indicate that conventional usage is holding firm so far... time will tell...

they played with Cinematic Reality, then abandoned .
and about mixed reality, if you will check into it you will see that its not so much an uphill battle ;)
but ,
as you said , only time will tell and i wish us all good luck & fortune..

•••
Also consider that "MR" looks like "Mr." so if you own "MRGames dot come" it looks like "Mr. Games". This will hurt MR domain sales greatly and give more weight and value to AR names.

•••
Well if Mixed Reality will rise to be an all in one platform, i dont worry about mister. plus, its good to have longtails just in case :)

Cheers!

•••
I don't want to complicate things but what about Holo being the consumer term for mixed reality? Rolls off the tongue better than mr or ar, has more of a sci-fi and popular usage history, and has the fact that the most prominent 'mixed reality' device has been branded as the HOLOlens, with the first applications for it already been branded HOLO+keyword.

A lot of VR companies or sites have already chosen Holo names... ( two adult vr sites have out of a dozen or so), so it might be safe to predict that holo might be far more relevant and valuable to anything associated with the HoloLens and similar devices.

•••
I don't want to complicate things but what about Holo being the consumer term for mixed reality? Rolls off the tongue better than mr or ar, has more of a sci-fi and popular usage history, and has the fact that the most prominent 'mixed reality' device has been branded as the HOLOlens, with the first applications for it already been branded HOLO+keyword.

A lot of VR companies or sites have already chosen Holo names... ( two adult vr sites have out of a dozen or so), so it might be safe to predict that holo might be far more relevant and valuable to anything associated with the HoloLens and similar devices.

Hi @cordoba , I agree, u have a point!!

Howeve, Microsoft is exrensively using the term MixedReality in all its Videos / Press release / Statements....Even the companies thats adopting / developing for/ with Hololens are terming it as Mixed Reality!

Anyway, lets not discuss much about MR in this AR forum!!

Cheers!

•••
"Holo" is falling behind. don't see it picking up, only declining. MR will follow closely in it's foot steps when AR Gamng picks up, because that is how most people will use the tech and popularity influences what terms people use.

I don't have a crystal ball....just my gut feeling based on obvservation. I could of course be wrong.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back