NameSilo

question Auction limits?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

THowell1234

LateBloomerEstablished Member
Impact
I am moving beyond $11 domain names. I am going to bid for a good name, rather than hoping on these duds I got originally. My pregame mantra is that I am going to bid no more than 1/3 of the Estibot appraisal value. Anyone got more thoughts or advice?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My 2c ents: base nothing on Estibot.... just research the domain and niche if your interested in bidding.. then bid responsibly

•••
My 2c ents: base nothing on Estibot.... just research the domain and niche if your interested in bidding.. then bid responsibly

ok Tank- what does research the domain and niche"- for what? What should I look for?

•••
Everyone goes about researching names and niches differently, but here's a basic 3 step process you can follow:

1. Go to Namebio.com and check to see sales similar to the name you're thinking of bidding on.

2. Do a whois lookup on the name to find out the age, where it's registered, etc by going to whois.domaintools.com

3. Find out if there's competition in that specific niche, for example if the name is Dronezville.com, then look up drones on google and see how many sponsored ads it triggers. If there's a lot then that means that's a good market to be in because companies are spending money to advertise in that niche.

•••
Everyone goes about researching names and niches differently, but here's a basic 3 step process you can follow:

1. Go to Namebio.com and check to see sales similar to the name you're thinking of bidding on.

2. Do a whois lookup on the name to find out the age, where it's registered, etc by going to whois.domaintools.com

3. Find out if there's competition in that specific niche, for example if the name is Dronezville.com, then look up drones on google and see how many sponsored ads it triggers. If there's a lot then that means that's a good market to be in because companies are spending money to advertise in that niche.

Thank you so much. I see right away that even though the estibot value is 12k, maybe it is not worth that at all.

•••
You're welcome.

Yeah...definitely do not go by Estibot's value.

•••
I am moving beyond $11 domain names. I am going to bid for a good name, rather than hoping on these duds I got originally. My pregame mantra is that I am going to bid no more than 1/3 of the Estibot appraisal value. Anyone got more thoughts or advice?

if u wanna get away from duds.. make sure you get away from estibot.

•••
I see, said the blind man. My eyes are opening. Thanks, this was the best money I've spent so far (this membership)- even better than the domains I've already bought. lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back