IT.COM

advice Selling help?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domaineer1

Established Member
Impact
Hello!

I'm new here and in the world of domain flipping and I'm still trying to sell 3double3.com, 911aids.com, and 2four1.com but I can't seem to find buyers any thoughts? I figure maybe I am doing something wrong. I have posted the domains on different sites but noone's coming. I feel these domains have some value to them, but I am not sure how much. 6double6.comsold on Flippa for nearly $4,000 so I figure there is some value in 3double3.com as well (3double3.com has a higher estibot appraisal as well). All thoughts and help are greatly appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome to NP

You need to find possible end-users before you register names. Don't just hand-register names and then try and find buyers, it just doesn't work

Don't mix numbers and letters in domains either, they are generally a waste of money

Try and think of commercial uses for a name before buying it, I cant think what type of company could use 3double3 or 911aids?

Check out namebio.com and dnjournal.com for past sales, that will help you get the idea of what makes a name valuable

Good luck

•••
Thanks so much for your help! Really insightful :). I was wondering what do you think of 2four1.com? I'm not sure on its value myself since it's spelled as 2four1.com with a u. Thanks

•••
keep reading and learning
your in right place
if u do that then u will know what sells and why
it takes months sometimes years to learn
nothin easy or quick here

gl

•••
You have had 3double3 for 11 days. Relax, you have time. I just looked up the 6double6 auction and have no idea how that domain ended up selling for such a high price. There are many new domainers that don't sell any of their newly-registered domains in over a year. Domaining is a marathon, not a sprint.

I'd suggest you continue reading through these forums - especially past posts in this Beginners section and you will learn a lot. Good luck!

•••
Hello alcy,

Thanks so much for your help, much appreciated!

•••
Hello Kpett,

I just saw your post. Thanks so much for the insight! Yeah I'm hoping to definitely try to change my strategy. I was able to sell innerbaker.com which was my first domain for $30 on Flippa. Not too high but not bad for my first week I feel, but I feel like I could of sold it for much higher. Pretty crazy. Thanks

•••
Hello,
Welcome to NP!:xf.smile:

I doubt this is it but when I see 6double6
The only thing that comes to mind is 666.
6 then double 6. This is the sign of the beast in the bible.
I don't know why it would have sold for that much though.(n)

Anyway, I wish you the best in your new venture.
Good luck!:xf.smile:

•••
Hello NameSplice,

Yeah I realized that after I brought 3double3.com . I hope I can still sell 3double3.com it though (I invested $80 so far). Thanks for your kind words of encouragement. Good luck to you too!

•••
I was wondering what do you think of 2four1.com?

DONT mix numbers and letters in domains

•••
Hello gilescoley,

Thanks for your input!

•••
Put yourself in the shoes of an end user: would you use these domain names for a real life business ? Would you advertise these names or put them on business cards. Would you buy these from yourself, or would you simply find another available domain ?
Nobody likes to pay a premium for a domain name, people really need a compelling reason to buy.

So... first of all don't pay attention to automated appraisals. Instead, analyze the market, look at reported sales, what kinds of names are in demand. Don't follow the sheep (unless you know exactly what you are doing and why).

•••
Hello Kate,

I see this in a different light now. Thanks for your help!

•••
Last day for 3double3.com on Flippa (I regrettably paid $59 for their show off listing, but I only got 4 days out of it). The domain is delisted / goes down at 6:00 PM EST. Wish me luck!

Last edited:
•••
Alright guys, my update is that 3double3.com got a $75 bid, I ttied to accept it by changing my reserve down but Flippa wouldn't let me lowet my reserve under the current bid so I made nothing :(. I am rrying to reach to the bidder. Wish me luck!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back