NameSilo

Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is my goal!

Do you think you would have achieved this without SH?

my 12 month str is currently just shy of 10% for premium listings.

•••
Happy new year everyone. This year i will try to make more of an effort to get back to sharing my monthly stats with you as i continue to grow my sh portfolio.

There are many sellers at sh now with portfolios > 1k names. As i try to add better quality names, my hope as i grow is to also maintain or increase my STR.

Here are my current account stats to start the year.

Show attachment 229945
You've got a great STR. I'm still struggling with 0.96 STR

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-07-19-46-20-653_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-07-19-46-20-653_com.android.chrome.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 90
•••
Happy new year everyone. This year i will try to make more of an effort to get back to sharing my monthly stats with you as i continue to grow my sh portfolio.

There are many sellers at sh now with portfolios > 1k names. As i try to add better quality names, my hope as i grow is to also maintain or increase my STR.

Show attachment 229945

Awesome! I find your monthly reviews interesting and useful so I'm looking forward to it :) And I wish you great results in 2023!

Last edited:
•••
This is my goal!

Do you think you would have achieved this without SH?
Short answer is probably not. My STR at other brandable marketplaces is less than at sh. I believe their marketing efforts help.

•••
Short answer is probably not. My STR at other brandable marketplaces is less than at sh. I believe their marketing efforts help.
Does that include Afternic?

•••
I don't know the whole fuss about SH here. Their support is non-existent. It's been over 10 days and they still haven't replied to my ticket. On top of that it's a buggy platform. Great support! NOT

•••
I don't know the whole fuss about SH here. Their support is non-existent. It's been over 10 days and they still haven't replied to my ticket. On top of that it's a buggy platform. Great support! NOT
Are you serious about this? Blue button reply within 2-3 minutes even on weekends.

•••
Are you serious about this? Blue button reply within 2-3 minutes even on weekends.
Thanks for shilling so hard. I knew some shills would come crawling out of the woodwork.

Well, the "support" in my case has been sleeping for the past 10 days. And, I know how the coveted "Blue button" works.

•••
My experience is very similar. I'm mostly using chat and in most cases support replies within 5 minutes. @KuzamaSan just message them again.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for shilling so hard. I knew some shills would come crawling out of the woodwork.

Well, the "support" in my case has been sleeping for the past 10 days. And, I know how the coveted "Blue button" works.
Shill? I don't have any reason to shill. I'm not even Happy at SH, 194 premium with just just 2 sales in more than two years. I just chatted support to affirm this, they reply within seconds.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-10-15-06-14-300_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-10-15-06-14-300_com.android.chrome.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
•••
Shill? I don't have any reason to shill. I'm not even Happy at SH, 194 premium with just just 2 sales in more than two years. I just chatted support to affirm this, they reply within seconds.

Sorry, if I came across as rude. The issue isn't about how quickly they revert as much as it's about the resolution, which in my case has taken over 10 days to no avail.

Also, if you go by the screenshot below, they didn't respond to my repeated reminders. Not even an acknowledgment.

1.png

But, it's true there are several SH shills here, same's true with other marketplaces.

And my issue is still not resolved. On top of that their rep seems to be either lying or too incompetent to even comprehend the crux of the problem.

Edit: It's abundantly clear he didn't get in touch with his "team". Just came back with a canned reply on Jan 10, today, after wait for it .... 10 DAYS. TOP SUPPORT! FTW

2.png

Last edited:
•••
Sorry, if I came across as rude. The issue isn't about how quickly they revert as much as it's about the resolution, which in my case has taken over 10 days to no avail.

Also, if you go by the screenshot below, they didn't respond to my repeated reminders. Not even an acknowledgment.

Show attachment 230099
But, it's true there are several SH shills here, same's true with other marketplaces.

And my issue is still not resolved. On top of that their rep seems to be either lying or too incompetent to even comprehend the crux of the problem.

Edit: It's abundantly clear he didn't get in touch with his "team". Just came back with a canned reply on Jan 10, today, after wait for it .... 10 DAYS. TOP SUPPORT! FTW

Show attachment 230100
Okay. I understand you. Blue Button don't actually know much, you can try to reach their backend team on SH forum.

Best

•••
@Kazama San If I were a Squadhelp support agent and you talked to me like that, I’d make sure to make you wait, and wait, and wait. You might even learn something from the trial of your patience.

•••
@Kazama San If I were a Squadhelp support agent and you talked to me like that, I’d make sure to make you wait, and wait, and wait. You might even learn something from the trial of your patience.
Nice work there with the SH shill upvotes. You haven't seen how polite I was when I raised the ticket. I don't need to share screenshots to prove that to you.

That's not the point anyway. They still haven't resolved the issue, that's very concerning.

If this is the level of support one should expect from the bloated shill machine, aka SH, I'd be happy to leave, leave and leave.

Last edited:
•••
Last year SH introduced listing of Geo domains and they were trying to push these domains..but it seems it didn't work well and no promotions by SH nowadays..anybody using SH landers for Geo domains (standard listings only) nowadays..

•••
I sold a domain @squadhelp and the payment has been sent to my PayPal but it hasn't been appeared in my PayPal for more than 6 hours, did someone face this problem or this is normal?

Last edited:
•••
Previously I had shared a list of words that achieved highest STR

Here are the top root words that generated most domain sales in 2022

High sales volume doesn't necessarily mean high sell-through rate, since the number of listings containing those words can also be much higher

Last edited:
•••
my 12+ month str is currently just shy of 10% for premium listings.
Thanks for this, it is very encouraging and interesting. Glad to hear you are doing so well.

Show attachment 229945
Thanks. It is encouraging and interesting to read this. Glad you are doing so well.

I have around 650 names on SH with a sales rate of 0.7%. Sales have been low for the last couple of years. Good to hear others are still selling well.

•••
Just a heads up. There's an interesting and active discussion going on in this forum thread on SH: https://squadhelp.com/t/sh-register...-seller-owned-domains-visibility-str/12201/39

•••
There used to be a way to check domain history with Squadhelp but I can't find that tool on the menu anymore, does it still exist?

•••
Last edited:
•••
Darpan on Twitter: "Words like "Hero", "Health", "Verse" and "Path" are much more effective when positioned to the right of the brand name, rather than the left Here are the top words that achieved the best performance when placed on the right side of the name https://no_url_shorteners/2GDWDIImAN" / Twitter

•••
Just a heads up. There's an interesting and active discussion going on in this forum thread on SH:
Thanks. Think I missed it. Doesn't seem to be anything there now when I click it.

•••
I gave them a shot but their white label marketplace was super buggy. I was reporting so many issues it became not worth my time.
It has potential.. just seems they stopped development.
That's a bad look for them tbh
They should perfect it.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back