Domain Empire

Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@gericsb That's wrong info.

I have a lot of SH Standard Listings and I didn't need to spend coins to list.
Hi GoKaizen...

That's the way I understood it ..I think!

I have listed my 5 free there. Have one Premium that SH registered based on my suggestion, HOWEVER, it is my understanding that:

1. Standard Listings get no promotion and are basically not visible/don't appear in search

2. SH has rejected basically every othet name I requested Premuim for until I ran out of coins, so I will have to buy more coins for Premium Listings.

3. EVEN WITH a decent amount of coins, people are spending quite a bit just to get their Premium Names listed

Timewise and financially (for me) SH doesn't make sense. Right now, anyway.

•••
Hi GoKaizen...

That's the way I understood it ..I think!

I have listed my 5 free there. Have one Premium that SH registered based on my suggestion, HOWEVER, it is my understanding that:

1. Standard Listings get no promotion and are basically not visible/don't appear in search

2. SH has rejected basically every othet name I requested Premuim for until I ran out of coins, so I will have to buy more coins for Premium Listings.

3. EVEN WITH a decent amount of coins, people are spending quite a bit just to get their Premium Names listed

Timewise and financially (for me) SH doesn't make sense. Right now, anyway.
Just to clarify...I know I can list more Standard Listings than 5 for free, but don't think it's worth doing that (for me).

Have you sold any Standard Listings there?

•••
New features, very nice.

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Last edited:
•••
SH will show some Standard Listings in search if it meets the demand of that user search.

This is my understanding at least.

I have a high acceptance rate.

You need to understand what names work on there and what the evaluators like to approve.

Last edited:
•••
I've just set up a new Squadhelp account and looking to buy Squadhelp owned domains in bulk - how would this work if my account is new? Is it possible?

Am I allowed to do this without adding my domains first or do I need to add domains (would rather buy approved domains) and then use their wholesale marketplace or can I set up a thread here and buy them and the owner then ask's Squadhelp to transfer the marketplace listing to my account as Squadhelp own the domain?

Last edited:
•••
What's going on with the newly registered names by SH? For several weeks in a row, I keep seeing this tendency in the wholesale marketplace. Almost on a daily basis, new weird names that are registered by SH are added to the wholesale marketplace at very low prices on the same day of registration or very soon after it. You can see those names by filtering "registered by SH" and "Sort by: price low to high". These names are usually made up of two random keywords that don't make any sense together i.e. MergeChair.com (just an example, not an actual name). How come SH is registering such names? I understand that some names might occasionally slip through their filter and they used to slip in the past too, but now it looks like this is out of control.

•••
Things are looking sad on SH. No sales in October and no sales so far in November. Within the last 7 and a half months, I had only two sales and that is NOT a great result. Last year I would usually sell 1-3 domains per month, and now ...
My portfolio size - 567 premium names.

How are your sales?

Last edited:
•••
Mine are really bad, more than 650 names, one sale the entire year. Squadhelp is losing me money, a considerable amount, but I really do like them, and the platform, I just keep waiting for sales to improve. It was only 5 sales the year before that though.

Things are looking sad on SH. No sales in October and no sales so far in November. Within the last 7 and a half months, I had only two sales and that is NOT a great result. My portfolio size - 567 premium names.

How are your sales?

Last edited:
•••
Anyone having issues with the sh instant payout function?

•••
Anyone having issues with the sh instant payout function?
No issue for me. Sold a domain at SH yesterday, transferred to the buyer right away and was paid within 24 hours. The fastest payment I received from SH so far.

•••
Things are looking sad on SH. No sales in October and no sales so far in November. Within the last 7 and a half months, I had only two sales and that is NOT a great result. Last year I would usually sell 1-3 domains per month, and now ...
My portfolio size - 567 premium names.

How are your sales?
Any sales in December? None for me still. My annual sell-through is well under 1% now.

•••
Waiting for first sale via sh. Welcome to my store, open for any offers www.cyberphilia.com

•••
Any sales in December? None for me still. My annual sell-through is well under 1% now.

None sales in December, but I had one sale in November.

A weird thing though, this year I'm mostly selling SH-owned names (which means large commissions for them, small commissions for me) SH-owned names are taking the vast majority of spots among my top trending domain names. In 2021 and 2020 I had significantly better proportions between the sales of SH-owned domain names and domain names owned by me than this year. I'm not jumping to any conclusions yet, I realize that this trend is most likely happening because of completely natural and organic reasons. I'm just stating the fact and keeping my attention on this trend. I'm curious about what the year 2023 will bring. I hope for a better proportion of the sales of SH-owned domain names and seller-owned domain names.

Last edited:
•••
Hi,

I have a question about the " Strong Buyer Interset " that is showing on the domain's landingpage.
How they determine who is a potential buyer and who isn't ?

Last edited:
•••
SquadHelp now limited the visibility of recent sales to certain members !!
Only complications not to disclose recent sales to the public which could be an indication of a big decrease in sales at squadhelp !!

1671015386076.png

Last edited:
•••
Anyone having trouble with SH Search? Seems to not be working.

•••
SquadHelp now limited the visibility of recent sales to certain members !!
Only complications not to disclose recent sales to the public which could be an indication of a big decrease in sales at squadhelp !!

Show attachment 228637

It's back, recently sold names are visible again.

•••
It's back, recently sold names are visible again.
Are recently sold names now visible to all users again? My dashboard still shows this --> “Recently sales are currently only visible to sellers with 100 of more premium listings …”

Last edited:
•••
Are recently sold names now visible to all users again? My dashboard still says “recently sales are currently only visible to sellers with 100 of more premium listings …”

Yes exactly nothing change , No public sales visibility .

•••
Is there a full list of the names sold on SquadHelp in 2022 available anywhere? Thx

Edit: Can those who downvoted me for this question explain why? Not sure what could possibly be so offensive about it that you choose to push my reputation into the negative as a new board member?

Last edited:
•••
Happy new year everyone. This year i will try to make more of an effort to get back to sharing my monthly stats with you as i continue to grow my sh portfolio.

There are many sellers at sh now with portfolios > 1k names. As i try to add better quality names, my hope as i grow is to also maintain or increase my STR.

Here are my current account stats to start the year.

1673115345621.png

Last edited:
•••
It would be great to add bitcoin withdrawal.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Thanks for sharing. @JudgeMind

That's an 11% STR right?

•••

Attachments

• 8B748EF1-9E82-4C40-9EF9-C60A72DF35CF.png
    8B748EF1-9E82-4C40-9EF9-C60A72DF35CF.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back