NameSilo

Epik New Marketplace is here

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews started by Ala Dadan, Aug 30, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. Ala Dadan

Ala Dadan Member Epik.com Staff Blue Account

Happy Friday All
    I'm pleased to announce the new design for Epik Domain Name Marketplace. if you didn't have the chance to view it yet, you could check it out here: https://marketplace.epik.com

The new design is a significant improvement from the old Marketplace.
    While working on the redesign, our goal was to have a responsive, user-friendly, intuitive and engaging interface.

Page load time, search engine friendly and overall aesthetics are some of the enhancements we worked on.
    But that's not the end of our plans for the Marketplace. as we are working on introducing
    • Domainer profiles on the Marketplace
    • Domain Negotiation feature, through a built-in messaging system.
    • An integration of our Escrow service including intuitive dashboard and API.
    • Domain Requests section where you can list domains needed.
    • A simplified and superior domain listing process.
    • Verified analytics for domains integrated directly into the Domain pages

There is much more to come. If you see gaps, or have suggestions, we are keen to get your feedback.

Thank you for choosing Epik.
    Ala

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Haykay2005

Haykay2005 Top Member VIP

3. SuperBrander

SuperBrander Top Member VIP

Looking great. Please consider adding the age of domains as a filtering option. Thanks.

4. SuperBrander

Also, there's no way to get rid of hyphens at the moment. When the default option 'none' appears in the 'Special Characters' field- results with hyphens are given (Unless I'm missing something).

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  5. Haykay2005

Haykay2005 Top Member VIP

You guys disable BIN for external domain names, That not too good, Many will run away because of that. Your platform should be 100% flexible to capture domainers minds. @Rob Monster

6. Bernard Wright

Bernard Wright Established Member

That's a good looking layout.

7. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent Gold Account VIP Trusted Blogger

Fantastic look to new marketplace. Congrats on all your team's hard work @Ala Dadan!

While good to take into account domainer requests for features, I think it is also important to keep the interface simple for end users since ultimately we want sales to end users. So I urge you not to try to accommodate every feature someone requests.

For example, re domain age, yes many domainers like it as screening in legacy extension searches, but most end users, I would say almost all, could care less. Some even view it incorrectly (too much old is bad thinking in our society :xf.sick:). Dynadot Marketplace always shows it and incoming links and it is my opinion for many end users that adds confusion.

Keep it simple, fast and attractive! Great start.

Bob

8. SuperBrander

@Bob Hawkes I see your point, but I really don't think adding an 'age' box that can be ticked somewhere hidden as one of the options (maybe under something called 'more filtering options') is something any end user who's browsing the marketplace would ever notice. And it makes sense to add it for investors because investors also use Epik's marketplace and buy there.

9. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent Gold Account VIP Trusted Blogger

I agree, if it can be implemented in an optional way like that. And I do agree that many sales will be domainer to domainer.

10. Blitzpotz

Blitzpotz Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

A beautiful place to be!

I searched for a key and see that price range starts at $100 - is this a rule? If not you should consider to leave any minimum away. Some domainers like bargain BIN listings for soon expiring domains in the 2 figures - if fees don´t eat up their revenue. A German competitor recently killed their minimum fees and I like that a lot for the described purpose.

It would be a competitive advantage and an attraction for buyers with non-English background or different search needs if there was a choice for language, for the handful most important languages at least. Your biggest competitor e.g. doesn´t offer this option. So when I am looking for keywords in German I get lost in their big catalogue. Good German names often are valued in the low four or high three figures by their bot. Where would I start, where finish in a day?
    I see a country/region checkbox. Does this one satisfy my wish?

11. amorkin

amorkin Established Member

Hi, when browsing pending delete domains before we were able to see and sort out domains by the amount of registered tlds. Now it seems like the only way to sort them is by alphabetical order.Not sure about the rest of the marketplace, but pending delete section had way more features with an old design. Would be great if they could be re implemented. Just my 2 cents.

12. Haroon Basha

Haroon Basha IZUQ.COM VIP

Hello @Ala Dadan,
    Please let me know if you currently any Discount Coupon for Transferring dot com domain names. I need to transfer domain names from Godaddy.com
    Thank you.
    Haroon

13. Mister Funsky

Mister Funsky Top Member VIP

You may know about all of this but here is the deal thread where Rob has let us transfer for 6.99 from time to time.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/epik-com-promo-deals-and-happy-hour-mega-thread.1148974/

If I am not mistaken, they have a transfer special till the end of Sept for 7.99 all the time...no coupon needed!

14. NameSplice

NameSplice Established Member

As of this morning .com transfers were still at 7.99. No coupon was needed.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  15. Embrand

Embrand Top Member ICA Member Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

In the marketplace, even when I select "None" special characters, the search result still seems to return names with hyphens and numbers.

On my cell phone (admittedly a small display) the line break looks like in the screenshot below. Not sure if this can be fixed.

Attached Files:

16. Mister Funsky

Mister Funsky Top Member VIP

Just to jump in since you were kind enough to post an image, I wanted to point out that the 'epik' logo in the upper left causes a significant shift downward for the data. It would be nice if it were moved to the bottom left or right corner and/or allowed us to remove it via checkbox.

17. Embrand

Embrand Top Member ICA Member Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

It would also be good to have a default choice for using lowercase or uppercase letters for listed domains, since I prefer lowercase for my names.

I know I can adjust this individually, but if at some point I decide to register hundreds of .co or .zyx, then it will be quite a task to complete.

18. ecomslice

ecomslice Established Member

any one know if you can add a downpayment + rental option ? , example , 150 down and 40 a month ? @Rob

I feel this is crucial to have more commitment on buyer end, just 40 a month , single payment is heavy default risk.

im considering moving to epik landers, is this even the best thread ? so many epik threads lately. thx.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice