IT.COM

discuss Are you always looking for an opportunity?

NameSilo
Watch

AndyM

Web development services, visit KingdomDesign.comTop Member
Impact
Hi namepros. Having only been domaining for a little over a year, I want to know if I'm the only one that does what I do when driving or even just walking down the high street!

I am always looking at commercial vans and lorries and looking at the company name and seeing what their domain is and wondering if it could be improved?

My question is, do you do this and have you ever had success by registering a better domain or more suitable domain and sold it to the same company?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Pwrsonally I have never done and I sont think it is good because it could create problems...tm problems etc...evwn if they habe no tm now...they might try to get it

•••
I have noticed that if a company has dumb, difficult, hard to remember, hard to communicate etc. name, it is for reason and reflects owners/managements attitude. They are clueless about the value of a great domain.

•••
Risky..I think it is not possible to choose better one and no guarantee company will like yours.. ..I had some flyer and logo and tried to sell them on freelancer dot com nothing was sold..company replied me that our old one is better than your new created.. It took me more than a week to design a logo and a flyer ..I wasted my time.

•••
Are you sure though your design was better? )

•••
With regards to TM issues, I wouldn't go and register a direct TM. Example..... I live and work in Scotland, I work closely with a haulier that owns a 3 word .co.uk, total length of the domain is 18 characters. Now this is a Scottish based company and I could hand reg the LLL.scot which I believe works better as the company is referred to by it's LLL initials and not the full 3 word 18 characters they have as their current domain.

Don't you think this would help improve the companies branding online when customers can go to LLL.scot as appose to the lengthy .co.uk?

•••
I don't think LLL would have a TM issue though. There are probably bunch of others that could apply the same acronym.

•••
Hi namepros. Having only been domaining for a little over a year, I want to know if I'm the only one that does what I do when driving or even just walking down the high street.

I am always looking at commercial vans and lorries and looking at the company name and seeing what their domain is and wondering if it could be improved?

My question is, do you do this and have you ever had success by registering a better domain or more suitable domain and sold it to the same company?

Hi @domainivate,
I myself am also new to namePros, I enjoyed reading your article,
As I can say I have similar patterns (neuron linguistics pathways) and thoughts to how you think,
My consciousness is consistently innervating, systemising, strategizing and thinking of the future...
Not just with domain names but everything my investments my self development and awareness
Lol I could say my mind spends half its time there (future).

I have applied these techniques to some domain purchases
and own quite a few new future
"lets say things that are happening in the not to distance future"

ranging from space travel missions to a _._._. google.com, new forms of online currency and innovation in the business, financial world into start ups and new platforms!!!

We should talk in private and exchange values

P.M If your keen ???

2 dollars is always better value then 1 dollar
Hence 2 Minds/consciousness is twice as strong as the 1 mind/consciousness

Regards @Emanuel77

•••
Are you sure though your design was better? )
I know, what you think is not same for others. Same flyer designed by some which was very similar with me (font, color and the size) I am not selling any design but some very childish designs were sold on t-shirt market place and some images/icons downloaded by people free of cost ..

Some of the designs were good rated and owner contacted me to have some changes what I created. I am using free apps and trail apps, designs were high quality vector images and I know possible to have some more editing according to their needs.

This is why I am here to get some money by selling domain name (which do not want to sell) I am not good on promoting so its taking time to get in the top list of alexa and people mind.

I am not saying it won't work but ..risky.. I know you are thinking to improve, its all creative mind.
Best of luck for this, if you research for name and motive then you can offer them. I believe you have seen something thats why looking for this..

•••
Esel, I haven't seen your art, I am sure you must have good ones.

I can only see the one you've selected for the avatar. Is that your art too? If yes, it is not one of those with universal appeal.

•••
Esel, I haven't seen your art, I am sure you must have good ones.

I can only see the one you've selected for the avatar. Is that your art too? If yes, it is not one of those with universal appeal.
Do not worry, I am not selling any designs now. Avatar is not vector image and not one of my creation, just rectangles and colors with MS-Word, for favicon only which kept unused.
I am just promoting products now.

•••
Hi namepros. Having only been domaining for a little over a year, I want to know if I'm the only one that does what I do when driving or even just walking down the high street!

I do this all the time too. Nothing has ever come of it because by the time I get home, I completely forgotten about my day :)

•••
Yes, it's normal for looking around and thinking about some new ideas. This good for all people, i think it's called sagacity.

•••
•••
Back