NameSilo

discuss Are the Chinese giving life to .mobi

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RWD

Established Member
Impact
I've been watching LLL Chips in .mobi being scooped up everday from the drop lists. Also, numeric's seem to be moving. Any idea why? I realize they like short domains, but jeez .mobi?

Note: I own 1 . mobi so this is not an attempt to pump it up? I'm just interested in your opinions?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Let em' have them. Somebody posted a lot of Chinese are getting into domains for the first time. Most people in their first year buy a lot of crappy domains. It's pretty normal. It's not the audience I would follow. And it's one end user, China. The rest of the world probably thinks they're crappy domains as well.

•••
While I agree with you...
And it's one end user, China. The rest of the world
I don't quite agree with this statement.

China's population 1.4 billion and the world's population is 7.3 billion. With roughly 20% of the world's population residing in China, it's not a market we can completely ignore; but again, it's not a trend that just anyone who doesn't live in, or understand the culture of, China should follow either (i.e. if you don't have the money to lose, don't invest in it).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back