IT.COM

Are Sedo's Landing Pages Efective or Not Efective for Domain Sales?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Are Sedo's Landing Pages Efective or Not Efective for Domain Sales?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Sedo's Landing Pages are Very Efective and Brings Me Sales!

• Sedo's Landing Pages for Sales are Not Efective Anymore

• I Dont Use Sedo Anymore for Sales Because of Inefective Landing Pages

• I Would Like to See a Larger Buy Now/Make Offer Link on Landing Page

• I Prefer a More Emphasis on Domain Sales and Less on Ads

• I Really Want the Offer Page to be the Landing Page

• I Use Another Service with More Efective Landing/Offer Pages!

• I Have My Own Domain Sales Site with More Efective Landing/Offer Pages!

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Impact
Sedo's landing pages have not really been updated in years and still focus more on Ads then trying to get people who land on them to buy a domain name.

What is your opinion on Sedo's Landing Pages and what would you do to improve them (if anything) to help you make more domain sales?

Thanks
Len

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Also Sedo doesn't accept Bitcoin... and it is not even in their roadmap.

I don't care about accepting bitcoin. Most landers don't, this is not a sedo issue. And most people won't pay in bitcoin either. The volatility is simply too high right now.

And again... and the last...
In terms of sales - only the quality of certain domain matters, no any lander design affects the buyer to spend his money.

I disagree. And a fellow named Bram also does and eloquently described why here: https://www.namepros.com/threads/be-the-master-of-your-domains-with-your-own-landing-pages.957493/

"- A lot of times a potential buyer has some interest in your domain but it's not their only choice so they are not desperate to own it. That's when a good landing page will give you better results compared to a poor landing page. Why do you think so many marketers use great (and not poor) landing pages when trying to sell a product or service? Because those landers convert better.

- A good landing page makes your business look legit as well so it comes with instant trust.

- You know what they say about first impressions right? I believe that concept works for domain landers as well.

- Part of the negotiation (for example "explaining why your domain is valuable") can already be integrated in the landing page as well (aka the sales pitch) so you no longer need to convince your buyer during actual negotiations that your domain is worth more than the $100 USD he's offering.

- I strongly believe that a great landing page can make your domain name look more valuable that it really is. Just like a great website and logo can make your business look more valuable that it really is."

You may transfer your domains to Epik... and then set BIN.
They also provide the individual prices for domainers.

You suggest incurring a transfer fee solely to access Epik's BIN? That makes no sense. What makes Epik's platform so good? I perused it and saw nothing that is worth transferring hundreds of names at a cost. Plus their renewals are more expensive than GoDaddy. No sir, I will not be transferring to Epik.

So now we have you hating Sedo and continuing to push Epik. You seem quite biased towards Epik. I can't understand why... nothing shows them to be better than others.

•••
Epik is significantly cheaper than GoDaddy.
Just reach them regarding individual prices for domainers.

And again...
I don't hate any platform!
If you don't want to hear answers - then don't ask anything!

Regarding Epik marketplace...
I don't use it at all, I just informed you about this option!
There is also NameSilo, Bodis, Efty etc!

Last edited:
•••
Regarding BTC...
Many registrars and marketplaces already support it.
And I even had the buyer which was able to pay strictly in BTC (all other payment methods were rejected by him)... so this possibility is important for me as well.

Last edited:
•••
Regarding multiple domains via single transaction...
Such cases are regular... because many domainers have the same keyword in different TLDs... and when negotiating with endusers - many buyers are ready to secure these domains as well...
For example, recently I sold .PRO and the same .info to the French buyer...
But Sedo - doesn't support such sales at all.

Last edited:
•••
I am reaching 10k+ unique visitors for my domains which I parked with Sedo. (without Ads, average 500-600 per day) but when I used Afternic or DAN or some other platforms the number falls poorly. It's limit to 5-10 unique visitors everyday. What it mean?? How can you say it's all about landing pages. Still I'm asking myself how and from where the numbers are coming on Sedo. Still not be able to set where to park?? Can somebody guide me should I continue with Sedo or it's falls??

Last edited:
•••
Quick question - Is there a version of parking lander for Sedo wherein both Buy Now and Make offer are enabled for the customer? Currently, all landers that I have tried from Sedo allow either BIN or make offer.

Or is there any particular setting that needs to be enabled from within the dashboard? Note: all these domains are Sedo MLS enabled and are on a buy now setting.

For reference: see > safetyexpert.net

It provides a BIN price, but I want a Make offer provision too (similar to DAN/Epik landers).

Thanks in advance

•••
for Sedo wherein both Buy Now and Make offer are enabled for the customer?

I had to ask my sedo mananger to set it up for me ( few years ago )

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back