IT.COM

Are Sedo's Landing Pages Efective or Not Efective for Domain Sales?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Are Sedo's Landing Pages Efective or Not Efective for Domain Sales?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Sedo's Landing Pages are Very Efective and Brings Me Sales!

• Sedo's Landing Pages for Sales are Not Efective Anymore

• I Dont Use Sedo Anymore for Sales Because of Inefective Landing Pages

• I Would Like to See a Larger Buy Now/Make Offer Link on Landing Page

• I Prefer a More Emphasis on Domain Sales and Less on Ads

• I Really Want the Offer Page to be the Landing Page

• I Use Another Service with More Efective Landing/Offer Pages!

• I Have My Own Domain Sales Site with More Efective Landing/Offer Pages!

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Impact
Sedo's landing pages have not really been updated in years and still focus more on Ads then trying to get people who land on them to buy a domain name.

What is your opinion on Sedo's Landing Pages and what would you do to improve them (if anything) to help you make more domain sales?

Thanks
Len

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Only thing I like about the basic Sedo parking landers is that the 'for sale' message is localized, i.e. when I visit the parking page from Finland it says in Finnish that the domain is for sale.
ParkingCrew has such feature as well.
+ you may set your own text.

•••
15% for nothing... It has no any impact on the buyer's motivation...
You can sell your domains even using blank page with just your email address on it...

It's all perspective. Until a few days ago - I solely marketed names via GD Premium & Auctions, Sedo Marketplace and Afternic marketplace. All via BIN. I had no landing pages except defaults at those companies and paid 20% on all sales except for those who found me via WHOIS. Now I am able to forward directly to sales landers at Sedo and save 5%. I also identified a few other sales landing companies and am testing them as well (Bodis and Undeveloped). This potentially can bring down my commission on direct traffic from 20% to 0%, 9%, or 15%, depending on the landing company I used.

ParkingCrew has such feature as well.
+ you may set your own text.

Parking Crews lander is suboptimal imo. It is a parked page not a for sale page. It solely has a banner on top stating this domain is for sale with no other information. It doesn't allow BIN either.

•••
If you need just BIN-sales - then use Epik marketplace... and redirect to their page...
0% commission, 5% for withdrawal from internal balance.

•••
Regarding ParkingCrew...
It fully supports Afternic and Sedo listings...

•••
Re Sedo's commission. It's 10% if you park there and 15% if it sells via their marketplace.

So if we forward directly to our domain sales landing page it'd be 15%, correct?

I wonder if we forwarded to the link created via the parked page would that result in a 10% commission?

So we'd forward to this:
sedo.com/search/details/?partnerid=14456&language=us&et_cid=13&et_lid=17473&domain=[DOMAIN.TLD]&et_sub=1011&origin=parking

instead of this: https://sedo.com/search/details/?domain=yourdomainname.tld

•••
Yes, if forward to Sedo - 15% or min. $60.

•••
Yes, if forward to Sedo - 15% or min. $60.
But it's 10% with parking. Notice in the URL it shows the origin as parking... would that result in 10%?

•••
10% - only if you are using Sedo nameservers!

•••
Regarding ParkingCrew...
It fully supports Afternic and Sedo listings...

I saw that option (alongside about 5 others). But that doesn't change the fact that it's still a parking page - it just changes where the banner clicks through to. Still that is a definite upgrade over the ParkingCrew info collect option imo. Not sure why I'd use that over Sedo or Afternic directly. It would only make sense if your primary reason was parking, not selling. I own brandables... parking gets me about $1 per month.

10% - only if you are using Sedo nameservers!

Understood. So I modified the nameservers to sedo. And then, I add the forward described above while keeping the nameservers. In this case, theoretically, the user would be directed straight to the for sale page while keeping the nameservers intact. I say theoretically because I haven't tried it yet. Assuming the tech works - would this result in 10% commissions?

•••
Last edited:
•••
I receive inquiries via ParkingCrew without any problems... regularly!
Because only the domain quality matters...

Lander is important just for monetization, in terms of CTR.

Last edited:
•••
So I modified the nameservers to sedo. And then, I add the forward described above while keeping the nameservers.
In this case you can forward traffic only from another source/domain.
But you can't forward the necessary domain itself.

You may also use Bodis...
Their AutoRedirect to Sales lander... BIN is supported.
Transaction will be initiated via escrow.com

Last edited:
•••
+ escrow.payoneer.com provides BuyNow-buttons...

•••
If you need just BIN-sales - then use Epik marketplace... and redirect to their page...
0% commission, 5% for withdrawal from internal balance.

Thanks, didn't know about Epik. Just joined. They don't really have nice landers (not much different than Sedo in terms of functionality). And while they claim to be "free" it appears from my initial visit that I wasn't allowed to set a BIN price but rather a "consider offers" price. They then upped the price I entered by 15%. I assume that's how they make money - by selling for more than you list and taking that difference. I'm not saying I mind that, but they should be more upfront about it. Anyway, at 15% - they are no better than the other marketplaces - although surely another sales channel that I may consider. The more the merrier.

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
+ Lack of privacy at Sedo...
They disclose/include the exact domain names when sending Wires (in their comments for those Bank transfers).
This is especially annoying when selling Adult domains through Sedo...

•••
Probably, BINs at Epik are allowed only for the domains which are registered at Epik...
Regarding landers - 2 types of landers there... Even Simple lander looks good.

Forget about Sedo...
https://blog.efty.com/2017/04/05/setting-up-your-payoneer-escrow-integration/

Sadly that's the case. Epik requires registration so they are of no use for BIN landing page conversions.

I get it, you hate Sedo. However, for me, most of the issues you state don't apply. I don't own adult names and don't sell multiple names at once. I'm surely no advocate of theirs - I just want the best converting landers for my domains. Whichever company converts the highest and has a reasonable price - wins my business. If that's Sedo, then so be it. I doubt they will be the winner, but surely it appears to me that you wouldn't accept them even if they were. Strange that.

•••
I don't hate Sedo...
Or any other platform.
This is just my detailed review of them.

I have used Sedo many years in the past.

•••
I just want the best converting landers for my domains.
And again... and the last...
In terms of sales - only the quality of certain domain matters, no any lander design affects the buyer to spend his money.

•••
Sadly that's the case. Epik requires registration so they are of no use for BIN landing page conversions.
You may transfer your domains to Epik... and then set BIN.
They also provide the individual prices for domainers.

•••
Also Sedo doesn't accept Bitcoin... and it is not even in their roadmap.

•••
+ Lack of privacy at Sedo...
They disclose/include the exact domain names when sending Wires (in their comments for those Bank transfers).
This is especially annoying when selling Adult domains through Sedo...

Indeed. Thank you so much for noticing this! Even though I have just a few adult names in my Sedo portfolio (did not sell anything adult on Sedo yet), I never paid attention to wire description. Yes, full domain name is shown directly inside "wire memo" field, just confirmed this checking the last bankwire I got from Sedo. They also include full domain name into paypal comment field which is no better - paypal system is so automated that they may _think_ that the adult domainsale payment is for adult related services, and adult services are not good for paypal as per their TOS (last time I checked).
Sedo should change this behavior and ASAP.

•••
Yes, I already asked them regarding this matter at least 2 times... but still not fixed... they don't hear domainers.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back