Dynadot

Are Sedo's Landing Pages Efective or Not Efective for Domain Sales?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Are Sedo's Landing Pages Efective or Not Efective for Domain Sales?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Sedo's Landing Pages are Very Efective and Brings Me Sales!

• Sedo's Landing Pages for Sales are Not Efective Anymore

• I Dont Use Sedo Anymore for Sales Because of Inefective Landing Pages

• I Would Like to See a Larger Buy Now/Make Offer Link on Landing Page

• I Prefer a More Emphasis on Domain Sales and Less on Ads

• I Really Want the Offer Page to be the Landing Page

• I Use Another Service with More Efective Landing/Offer Pages!

• I Have My Own Domain Sales Site with More Efective Landing/Offer Pages!

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Impact
Sedo's landing pages have not really been updated in years and still focus more on Ads then trying to get people who land on them to buy a domain name.

What is your opinion on Sedo's Landing Pages and what would you do to improve them (if anything) to help you make more domain sales?

Thanks
Len

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
true. but who is parking with sedo nowadays anyway?
I do :xf.wink:

Not for the parking revenue that's for sure but for the lesser commission fees.
10% Buy Now and 15% Make Offers are still way better then Godaddy's fees of 20% and others.

What I love about Sedo is the speed of their Escrow (y)(y)

I have sold a domain in the evening or early morning and have had the deal completed and funds in my account by noon the same or next day.
Their escrow blows away everyone else like Escrow.com and Godaddy's 2 - 3 week wait.

I just think their Landers need to be improved.

Last edited:
•••
I use my own landing pages at my own marketplace.

While the layout of any landing page could have some impact, ultimately it is whether or not the person landing on the page is interested enough to fill out the form in the first place.

If they are seriously interested in the name, I do not think the layout of the landing page would make much difference.

Someone who is truly interested will contact you regardless of the landing page, and it doesn't matter if it is at Sedo, Efty, parked, or whatever.

sure. i also use my own landings and contact forms for most of the names i own.
but for mid class names in $xxx range that you probably want to get rid of as fast as possible impulse buying could be a huge factor.
sedo listing gives you that option - when a buyer lands there he can buy and pay for the thing at once with a couple of clicks and his credit card/paypal. sedo will do the rest, fast and professionally
when the name is on your homemade landing page he needs to contact you first, wait for reply, negotiate, go thru escrow of some kind, pay, transfer... too much of a hassle for a $300-600 name, imho... his impulse may dissipate at any stage of the process :)

•••
•••
just redirect a name (and www subdomain) to
https://sedo.com/search/details/?domain=yourdomainname.tld

no ads, quite straight and clear landing page with everything you need incl buy now or make offer form
a name needs to be listed on sedo of course..

example: https://sedo.com/search/details/?domain=relations.com (not mine)

Technically at that point the domain is not parked on Sedo so a fixed price sale will pay a 15% commission not a 10% one. But it probably is more likely to sell.

I prefer the landing pages at DomainNameSales.com.

Last edited:
•••
If you need just BIN-sales - then use Epik marketplace... and redirect to their page...
0% commission, 5% for withdrawal from internal balance.

•••
I park at Sedo for one reason 10% commission.

i just add that 5% diff between parked/non-parked fees to a bin price...
only $50 for every $1,000 :)

•••
when the name is on your homemade landing page he needs to contact you first, wait for reply, negotiate, go thru escrow of some kind, pay, transfer... too much of a hassle for a $300-600 name, imho

Excellent point !!

•••
It depends on the quality of domain only...
The buyer thinks about certain domain, not about your lander...

Regarding monetization...
Yes, good templates are really important...

p.s. I saw $32K sale of domain (.LY) that was unparked and unresolvable at all.

Last edited:
•••
Only thing I like about the basic Sedo parking landers is that the 'for sale' message is localized, i.e. when I visit the parking page from Finland it says in Finnish that the domain is for sale.

•••
Only thing I like about the basic Sedo parking landers is that the 'for sale' message is localized, i.e. when I visit the parking page from Finland it says in Finnish that the domain is for sale.
ParkingCrew has such feature as well.
+ you may set your own text.

•••
Regarding ParkingCrew...
It fully supports Afternic and Sedo listings...

•••
+ Lack of privacy at Sedo...
They disclose/include the exact domain names when sending Wires (in their comments for those Bank transfers).
This is especially annoying when selling Adult domains through Sedo...

•••
+ Lack of privacy at Sedo...
They disclose/include the exact domain names when sending Wires (in their comments for those Bank transfers).
This is especially annoying when selling Adult domains through Sedo...

Indeed. Thank you so much for noticing this! Even though I have just a few adult names in my Sedo portfolio (did not sell anything adult on Sedo yet), I never paid attention to wire description. Yes, full domain name is shown directly inside "wire memo" field, just confirmed this checking the last bankwire I got from Sedo. They also include full domain name into paypal comment field which is no better - paypal system is so automated that they may _think_ that the adult domainsale payment is for adult related services, and adult services are not good for paypal as per their TOS (last time I checked).
Sedo should change this behavior and ASAP.

•••
Technically at that point the domain is not parked on Sedo so a fixed price sale will pay a 15% commission not a 10% one. But it probably is more likely to sell.

true. but who is parking with sedo nowadays anyway?

•••

Correct and that's bogus really, they need to give people the opportunity to have a lander without ads, I mean you are paying me .03 and the person still needs to click another link to find the sales lander. Just let people who want to have a straight sales lander have that option.

•••
•••
I use my own landing pages at my own marketplace.

While the layout of any landing page could have some impact, ultimately it is whether or not the person landing on the page is interested enough to fill out the form in the first place.

If they are seriously interested in the name, I do not think the layout of the landing page would make much difference.

Someone who is truly interested will contact you regardless of the landing page, and it doesn't matter if it is at Sedo, Efty, parked, or whatever.

Last edited:
•••
I would like to see the sales pages to be the landing pages.

•••
the landing pages at sedo, must be effective for those who sell names there.

but effectiveness, comes with an attachment to the variables > domain name and price.

not so much the lander, because they all have pretty much same info.

imo....

•••
I can't see that they didn't improve on landing pages
I think they are beautifully

upload_2017-3-23_22-17-16.png

I have no clue , if they more effective as the old dones
but I like them a lot

Last edited:
•••
the only problem is the hint to look for other domains

upload_2017-3-23_22-20-33.png

•••
Big company like Sedo should improve their landing page more often !

•••
Big company like Sedo should improve their landing page more often !

I would expect every parking company
to improve on domainers parking income

no matter which changes are necessary

•••
just redirect a name (and www subdomain) to
https://sedo.com/search/details/?domain=yourdomainname.tld

no ads, quite straight and clear landing page with everything you need incl buy now or make offer form
a name needs to be listed on sedo of course..

example: https://sedo.com/search/details/?domain=relations.com (not mine)

I was not able to get this link to work when I used it as a forward. However, I did get this one to work:
www.sedo.com/search/details.php4?partnerid=&domain=relations.com (not mine)

Interesting that I could click on your link and it worked fine. But when placed as a forward, no go. Maybe it took longer than I gave it to propagate?

EDIT - I finally got your original link to work. I used https:// too. Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
15% for nothing... It has no any impact on the buyer's motivation...
You can sell your domains even using blank page with just your email address on it...

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back