Dynadot

discuss Are retail endusers becoming wholesale endusers?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
How many domains have you sold to first time buyers here at Namepros and never saw them again after they purchased the domain?

If they are brand new Namepros members who bought a domain and never showed up again then chances are it was an enduser that found Namepros and bypassed buying retail.

Obviously there is more of chance of this happening with brandables since there are so many made up names that are very similar. Will they spend $2,500 for the one they love or settle for one that is similar that they found on Namepros, Godaddy Auctions or Flippa for 50 bucks?

Search "Domains for Sale" on Google and ranked #1 is a link to Sedo, ranked #2 is Godaddy Auctions, #3 is Flippa, and ranked #6 is Namepros. I am sure many endusers type this search in just to get a feel for what is available for sale. These links don't do anything good for domainers that are trying to sell to endusers. Most of these are wholesale markets which kills enduser type sales.

This is just a quick thought and would love to here what you think.

Are retail endusers becoming wholesale endusers?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think what you're describing is a blurring line on who is an end-user. I see more and more people on NP developing their domains for a greater profit. Even though they're resellers, domainers, or whatever you call it (I prefer the phrase domain investor for myself :-P ), they're also users in some aspect.

•••
Your hypothesis sounds interesting, but I find it implausible, because end-users are generally looking for very specific names, not just names in general.

Since NamePros is not a marketplace where names are catalogued or classified bu category and easily searchable, as SEDO or GoDaddy, it is unlikely end-users would find anything specific to what they are looking for.

•••
Your hypothesis sounds interesting, but I find it implausible, because end-users are generally looking for very specific names, not just names in general.

Since NamePros is not a marketplace where names are catalogued or classified bu category and easily searchable, as SEDO or GoDaddy, it is unlikely end-users would find anything specific to what they are looking for.
That's why I mentioned brandables. Someone falling in love with a keyword plus suffix type name could easily find that same keyword with many different suffixes at wholesale pricing. Lend/ovi, Lend/avo, and Lend/eva, to name just a few, are for sale for over $2,000 at BrandBucket. I can create hundreds of other unregistered options and sell them here for 50 bucks. I don't but I could. These type of names are all over Namepros for 50 bucks. Those same three I mentioned were probably sold here on Namepros for 50 bucks and listed on BrandBucket. :) Actually 50 bucks is to high. More like 25 bucks!

•••
Hi

end-users have been "using" namepros, since namepros, was namepros.

if you think or thought, that only members with "reseller" intentions are here, then... oh well, time to realize.

i think the issue is that many have presumed that:

the 'end-user' is a buyer who has no inside knowledge of wholesale/reseller/aftermarket domain transactions and therefore they are the target to maximize roi.

however, an end-user is anybody who buys a domain and develops a website for it.

as that is the 'end use' of the name in that respect, though not the end of possibilities for the website.

so, if you're with that perspective, then yes, i'd agree that more people are getting wholesale access, which over time, can effect retail sales for some.

imo....

•••
The reason end users generally pay more is
1. End users want specific domains, therefore willing to pay more
2. Sellers know they are selling to end users, and are aware that they can ask a higher price

On a place like namepros, people aren't looking for specific domains. Any domain is good as long as you can turn a profit. Therefore the prices are lower due to supply and demand. If an end user happens to see a domain they really like, they are able to get it for cheaper.

Wether a domain is sold for $50 to an end user, or for $50 to a reseller and then for $1000 to an end user. Of course, it sucks for the hypothetical reseller, but he could just as well buy another domain and turn a profit. Needless to say, it makes no difference for the seller. It could even be benefitial, as end users generally pay more, and competition might drive up the price during an auction

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back