NameSilo

domain Are my .com names worth hiring a broker to sell? menulovers.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm wondering thoughts on the following names. Any (honest) guidance is much appreciated! Cheers, and Happy Sunday.
They are:

menulovers
menuguest
menusecret
menucomp
menulock

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I suggest you drop them all.

•••
Ok, you are an alien of few words and I appreciate that! Curious; is there a industry specific (food and beverage) place to advertise these? .. before I drop them, that is;)

•••
You can advertise it at SEDO.COM, they have categories for domains. They also have domain brokers you can try.

•••
Thanks Alien, headed there now to check out..

•••
menulovers.com menusecret.com menulock.co menuguest.com menucomp.com

sorry! my other post didn't have the names in the title; I just saw the rule now,

APOLOGIESD-:

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

sorry! my other post didn't have the names in the title; I just saw the rule now,

APOLOGIESD-:

** menulock is also a .com
menulock.com:tri:

•••
No.
Brokers need more appealing domains, that have a chance of selling.
The job of a broker is to connect buyers sellers for good domains, not to find buyers for things nobody wants.
Good luck :)

•••
Its the old "If you have to ask" then no

•••
•••
I had gotten involved with someone who was developing an app to find gluten free and allergy free dishes at local restaurants. That projects has since been dropped, but the names remain in my name.

So what I'm getting is that there's really no way to market these options to companies directly like menupages.com, grubhub, lipton, pepsico, dole etc. etc??

•••
Oh thats fine. I was worried you reg these only to resell. Instead there really leftovers from a project. You really just write them off as the cost of the project. I don't feel they have any obvious value.

See if menulover.com or menusecrets.com owners have an interest in your names(i better say only the equivilent). menusecretS.com might be yours or friends anyway, lol Asking pepsico etc if they want these names is a waste of there and your time, and it crosses the line into true spamming. Goodluck

•••
Ok, I see what you're saying here. So since I own menuloverS.com and menusecret.com... there might be an interest from menulover.come and menusecretS.com ( I see they have on in the uk for secretS ).

But trying to market these to actual companies is considered spamming?

not quitting my day job ( fashion ) lol,
best

•••
so no points in this game for possible up and coming health/search/menu sites or apps? menupages (purchased by seamless recently) and allmenus are currently the only relevant games in town for instance..

•••
But trying to market these to actual companies is considered spamming?

Well there various opinions on that which can be read on other places here on namepros. But if you email pepsi or coke asking them to buy menusecret.com it would be so off the relevancy mark that it could only be construed as spamming.

•••
so no points in this game for possible up and coming health/search/menu sites or apps? menupages (purchased by seamless recently) and allmenus are currently the only relevant games in town for instance..

Keep dream, maybe some years next, your domain will be HOT :)
Really I don't see any value on these domains.
All agree : drop them

•••
If you took out the word "menu" in all five names, you would now have broker worthy domains.

All you really have now is possibly brandable names in a vague niche that many wouldn't even know existed.

You always have the option to develop if you believe in the names.

I dont see any value here based on the above.

IMHO.

Good Luck

•••
I'm sure you can find a buyer for each, with an idea for developing. Just be pacient and don't sell them for nothing.

•••
I own a menu name parked that gets some traffic so i wont say worthless.

•••
I own a menu name parked that gets some traffic so i wont say worthless.

Interesting, what do you think is the best one/s to hang onto?

•••
is it possible to submit these for a tax write-off??

•••
rubbish names, not worth a penny.
Zip
Zilch
Zero

•••
some folks must think brokers are miracle workers

sorry, but none of those words add anything to "menu"

•••
some folks must think brokers are miracle workers

sorry, but none of those words add anything to "menu"
add sex in front lol

•••
After reading further threads (and private messages), there seems to be a disconnect with 'old school domainers' and 'marketing-minded new wave domainers'.
I think the old school people look at the a,b,c, 1,2,3's. The marketing youngins' seem to be putting stock in targeting brands and off shoot brand possibilites.
For instance, the domain appraisal 'calculators' can't take into account names that have trend potential. They just seemto punch out traffic hits etc.
Diet shakes are hot for instance. There's your menusecret payday.
I'm not saying this will happen within the hour. But it's clear there's a divide going on as things evolve.
It's also becoming apparent that there's no such thing as a brokerage company who specifies in contacting a specific industry? One with a food/beverage expertise for instance.

•••
After reading further threads (and private messages), there seems to be a disconnect with 'old school domainers' and 'marketing-minded new wave domainers'.
I think the old school people look at the a,b,c, 1,2,3's. The marketing youngins' seem to be putting stock in targeting brands and off shoot brand possibilites.
For instance, the domain appraisal 'calculators' can't take into account names that have trend potential. They just seemto punch out traffic hits etc.
Diet shakes are hot for instance. There's your menusecret payday.
I'm not saying this will happen within the hour. But it's clear there's a divide going on as things evolve.
It's also becoming apparent that there's no such thing as a brokerage company who specifies in contacting a specific industry? One with a food/beverage expertise for instance.

ignorance is bliss

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back