IT.COM

discuss Are ALL pronounceable 5 letter domain names worth more than reg fee?

NameSilo
Watch

Are all pronounceable 5 letter domain names worth more than reg fee?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    45.2%
  • No

votes
    54.8%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Edvard Munch

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would say yes if it is a .com, but no with any other extension.

•••
No.
Pronouncable 5L .com's drop lots, many don't get picked up.

It just depends on the name.

•••
pronounceable .COM, for me personal Yes !

•••
I think saying that they all have more than reg value is a bit too generous...

I think what you should be most concerned with is finding ones that are most likely to have value, either because you can derive a useful meaning from them, or because they sound particularly catchy.

•••
Well, easy answer would be NO. All pronounceable 5L .com are not worth more than reg fee.

Some consider names like Nkyrn and Wpolx to be catchy and pronounceable. In my opinion they are not.

Also the domain ending must be great. Names ending in OH OY AF are most likely junk. Of course there's exceptions.

I suggest you look at BrandBucket.com, Namerific.com and BrandRoot.com before registering random 5L domains. Try to find some similar domains that are for sale on these marketplace first. It will give you an idea of their quality.

•••
I don't think so.

There is a ton of available pronounceable 5L.com.

I have a full list of available 5L.com only made of western premium letters .. stuff like ONAFA, OLEFO, COTNO very easy to pronounce and might worth more than registration fees, but are they worth enough to register them? I doubt that. It would be easy to register a list of 5000 similar names.

•••
I agree the examples DotBay gave they are not really pronounceable and the ones Dominic listed, they may have value long term, but are a stretch to sell any time soon. I'm sure some of the 5,000 names would sell at some point, but if there is a list of 5,000 having a good eye to pull out the top 10-20 would make more sense.
The ones I own that meet the criteria I look for are below. I have sold several like these over the years, although I prefer the 4 letter pronounceable if within budget.

Filzy.com
Roiny.com
Rilby.com
Poceo.com
Vilsy.com
Hibsy.com
Bropy.com
Zeway.com
Rubsy.com
Nilby.com
Wowgy.com
Kozla.com
Nouny.com
Plirk.com
Fepso.com
Naiby.com
Mippu.com

•••
Absolutely not and don't go by what is on BrandBucket lately. They have recently listed some of the worst 5 letter domains I have seen there but they thank you for your 10 bucks. Actually they don't even say thank you. :)

•••
It's almost all about pronounceability. Xhyfn.com is technically pronounceable, but not inherently valuable

•••
Absolutely not and don't go by what is on BrandBucket lately. They have recently listed some of the worst 5 letter domains I have seen there but they thank you for your 10 bucks. Actually they don't even say thank you. :)

Well, they have rejected "Fubaz". Not a great one but not the worst one. I first though they were accepting some crappy 5L .com. If you look at them closely you will start to like them as well.

•••
Well, they have rejected "Fubaz". Not a great one but not the worst one. I first though they were accepting some crappy 5L .com. If you look at them closely you will start to like them as well.
I went back and looked at them closely and like them even less now.

•••
You can register ZOZZO dot com. That is a winner :)

•••
•••
Oh boy! I copied a name from the wrong list ... the taken list ..ahah were you going to register it?

•••
Oh boy! I copied a name from the wrong list ... the taken list ..ahah were you going to register it?

Yeah why not, $1.69 at Dotster with coupon.

Not a bad name

•••

I would also have registered it - In my view its thàt kind of names you can be lucky to sell down the road for a good profit

•••
I can't make it up for my mistake, there are no CVCCV (ABAAB) available. You can always pick in that list of CVCCV (ABAAC) .. but not much going on.

BYBBO.com
BYBBU.com
CYCCU.com
DYDDE.com
DYDDU.com
FYFFA.com
FYFFI.com
FYFFU.com
GYGGE.com
GYGGU.com
HAHHU.com
HEHHA.com
HEHHI.com
HEHHU.com
HEHHY.com
HIHHE.com
HIHHU.com
HIHHY.com
HOHHE.com
HOHHU.com
HOHHY.com
HUHHE.com
HUHHI.com
HYHHE.com
HYHHI.com
HYHHO.com
HYHHU.com
JAJJU.com
JEJJU.com
JUJJE.com
JUJJO.com
JYJJA.com
JYJJE.com
JYJJI.com
JYJJO.com
JYJJU.com
KYKKU.com
NYNNI.com
NYNNU.com
PYPPI.com
QAQQE.com
QAQQU.com
QAQQY.com
QEQQO.com
QEQQY.com
QIQQE.com
QIQQU.com
QOQQE.com
QOQQY.com
QUQQE.com
QUQQO.com
QUQQY.com
QYQQA.com
QYQQE.com
QYQQI.com
QYQQO.com
QYQQU.com
RYRRE.com
RYRRI.com
RYRRO.com
RYRRU.com
TYTTA.com
VYVVA.com
VYVVE.com
VYVVI.com
VYVVO.com
VYVVU.com
WEWWI.com
WEWWY.com
WUWWE.com
WUWWI.com
WYWWA.com
WYWWE.com
WYWWI.com
WYWWO.com
WYWWU.com
XUXXE.com
XYXXA.com
XYXXI.com
XYXXO.com
XYXXU.com
ZYZZE.com
ZYZZI.com
ZYZZU.com

Last edited:
•••
Well, easy answer would be NO. All pronounceable 5L .com are not worth more than reg fee.

Some consider names like Nkyrn and Wpolx to be catchy and pronounceable. In my opinion they are not.

Also the domain ending must be great. Names ending in OH OY AF are most likely junk. Of course there's exceptions.

I suggest you look at BrandBucket.com, Namerific.com and BrandRoot.com before registering random 5L domains. Try to find some similar domains that are for sale on these marketplace first. It will give you an idea of their quality.

You say All are not more worth than reg fee. I wouldn't say all but yes they should be very catchy or an excisting word. I own some which are catching offers way above reg fee

•••
If you ever see a name like Zozzo not registered then you better run and get it because that's an easy mid X,XXX sale to an end user. Easy!

•••
All cant be but depends on what potential buyers see. Recently I regged Guvii , Riwii and many others which some might see as worthless lol

I sold Ocalu which is put on actual use instantly so you can see the differences

•••
All cant be but depends on what potential buyers see. Recently I regged Guvii , Riwii and many others which some might see as worthless lol

I sold Ocalu which is put on actual use instantly so you can see the differences

Same here

Selling now

Snicz.com
Snopz.com
Tixoz.com

Got already x.xxx$ interested. It really depends on a personal taste and believe in the name. Look at 99% of brand names. Non excisting words but names which are catchy and make money.

•••
Some of mine, not sure of any value on these:

Dovii.com

aaGYM.com

Yeaap.com

FlyNY.com

aaTAB.com

bbRAW.com

Kaiio.com

Bittz.com

Gahas.com

Titni.com

Tosri.com

•••
I have around 100 of them, but for now some they are getting just low xxx offers, probably domainers. Will have to wait for the good times.

eugio
uzzio
vociv
emiir
doklo
fobzi
ioffo
gavvu
xmoky
evoqi
paqio
kiilt
mixag
froia
voeli
erriq

•••
I got some of them, actually I really like this niche, It really could a nice long term investment.

Nasqo
Wefic
Juqoo
Puovo
Mixvo
Qabla
Getvo
Qenga
Bivoz
Cligi
Cuari
Knifa
Lorqa
Omply

But not so big interest so far...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back