IT.COM

discuss Are ALL pronounceable 5 letter domain names worth more than reg fee?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Are all pronounceable 5 letter domain names worth more than reg fee?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    45.2%
  • No

votes
    54.8%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Edvard Munch

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for noticing, I wasn't sure how that worked when it sat quiet for so long.

•••
Still a good topic to discuss , lets see how other pros comments..

for pijom, imo, just regfee if no any common awared meaning...I have no idea why you link this name to a updown world....maybe I just miss something..

•••
Just out of curiosity am I spelling Rakuten right, I have seen at least 50 commercials and am just thinking now I got it right, I woulda figured for a big company a simpler sounding and spelling combination would been available in 5 letter combos
Joe T

•••
like Zippo, I think there are lots of brand go this pattern or style... I wonder if there are any left to reg...oh, figure out zilla also follow in this style...I wish Zilla.com all the best...

Last edited:
•••
What about

heyaw.com
fitgp.com

I am desperate to sell them. Lets see.

•••
•••
Would be interesting to see how people feel this has changed since the early days of this thread. I sense that truly pronounceable 5L may be more obviously worth more than reg fee now.

•••
Hi all, after 3 years it s verry interesting to see how 5L categorie name is doing now. The names discussed at the begining of this thread are not pretty in my opinion... Still could find better today for hand reg !!!

•••
Just out of curiosity am I spelling Rakuten right, I have seen at least 50 commercials and am just thinking now I got it right, I woulda figured for a big company a simpler sounding and spelling combination would been available in 5 letter combos
Joe T

It is a long established (1997 founding) and huge company in Japan, where they have been Rakuten for many years. Recently (at least in Canada) they acquired and rebranded ebates operation to the Rakuten name. They also have a ton of other recent acquisitions in last few years.

Interestingly the first name Rakuten used was MDM, and I presume back in 1997 they could have got that for not much (someone else uses it now).

You ask an interesting question when a big company with global operations stick with a name some will not spell, but I think the reason is once you are huge enough Google will always complete the term, and the importance of people being able to spell your name is less critical than it was when people actually entered URLs most of the time.

Some of NamePros Japanese members can confirm, but I think the word means optimism?

Bob

Last edited:
•••
I don't think so.

There is a ton of available pronounceable 5L.com.

I have a full list of available 5L.com only made of western premium letters .. stuff like ONAFA, OLEFO, COTNO very easy to pronounce and might worth more than registration fees, but are they worth enough to register them? I doubt that. It would be easy to register a list of 5000 similar names.
You can share the list man and see how many will get registered next day

•••
Joe T
They actually own Buy.com (domain) after their acquisition of Buy.com (the company), but only use it for redirection. They are on the level where global brand is much more important than some easy word.

•••
After many experiments these are the worst ones I will keep. I drop anything lower and None of this list received xxx offers. Maybe this helps.

PREOA
TEVAV
AGUSU
ODOON
NOODU
OPCLO

Last edited:
•••
I researched the 1000 top brand names and found that 84% of them were one word two syllabus only .

Goo gle
Face book
Twi Tter
Ap ple
Insta gram
U ber

and the lost goes on and on .

easy to remember and hard to forget are two different things. Brands often go for hard to forget ones .

there has been lot of research on both what kind of words are easy to remember and also hard to forget .

In phonetics some things are important . Like having a pattern or repetition

eg ala , ele, etc
There are some power inflicting letters like R, X, Z, V

words which can be read same from back to front are double the benefit . Anyway also having spacing of vowels and consonant is very important. And last but not the least the pronounciability has to be considered .

I registered ENZNI.com some months ago. Enzne would have been perfect but it had been already registered by someone. So I got enzni.com

I don’t really know if anyone would buy it but it can come to great use next time I launch a brand

•••
Great names

preoa has unique pronunciation
Tevav, Agusu, odoon, noodu all have good spacing between vowels and consonants. And there is word pattern that repeats like vav, usu, odo... good domains .

if I were you I wouldn’t lose them.

Although Opclo has pcl , three consonant together , they come in 2 different syllabus -op clo . So it is a good 5l domain indeed

•••
You can share the list man and see how many will get registered next day

Oh! My message is over 3 years old. I don't have that list anymore and it would not be accurate at this point anyways.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back