news Appears DAN to fully stop working with SAV

NameSilo
Watch

Bob Hawkes

Top Member
NameTalent.com
Impact
DomainGang (@Acroplex ) report

"Domain marketplace DAN.com, has announced the immediate termination of its relationship with SAV.com, a domain marketplace and registrar.

Users of DAN with domains registered at SAV received the following message: "As of today we will fully stop working with Sav.com and do not support any domain transactions at Dan.com or our network for domains managed at Sav.com."

Read full details at source:
https://domaingang.com/domain-news/marketplace-unplug-dan-ends-its-relationship-with-sav/

Tagging @DAN.COM @Nick R , the respective representatives on NamePros, in case they wish to add more.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I thought they never accepted Sav names..?

•••
Thanks Bob, I have Sav names on Dan, but did not see the email. At least they have bulk delete...

•••
Out of the loop. What's the beef with Sav?

•••
Out of the loop. What's the beef with Sav?

DAN did not clarify, only thing on twitter was another domainer pointing out a public spat about landing pages last year, but DAN never reported why they chose to do this, all I know is it sucks for those of us with domains at SAV. Personally I am a little tired of this, it is like Jr. High gossip: Did you hear, "DAN is upset at SAV" "Do tell, but wait, did you hear about the public spat with Godaddy and Epik, really juicy" "Really, last I heard was DAN and EPIK were breaking up!"...

I hated that crap then and I hate it now...

•••
thanks for your information
best wishes

•••
Children learn from children, now I understand why im so immature lol, Great mentors we have here.

•••
Too bad to hear of such outcome.
After i made my own site, i deleted my domains from Dan and other markets.
One though, when you list your domains on such markets as Dan, Epik, Sedo, Afternic etc. You are making their platform popular by drawing traffic to their sites, thanks to your domains.
At the moment SAV is not so popular but it may become if domainers start using their landing pages and market more frequently.

•••
Too bad to hear of such outcome.
After i made my own site, i deleted my domains from Dan and other markets.
One though, when you list your domains on such markets as Dan, Epik, Sedo, Afternic etc. You are making their platform popular by drawing traffic to their sites, thanks to your domains.
At the moment SAV is not so popular but it may become if domainers start using their landing pages and market more frequently.
I self host too. Find it much easier and more flexible. However we can still list our domains on **most** good marketplaces even while self hosting.

•••
basically the best platform to sell domain names is on youtube

Example

A person gives a video tour and thorough explanation of a narrowboat and uploads the video to youtube to 15000 youtube subscribers

(Its a uk thing)

The narrowboat sells in 30 mins no commission fee

But to sell domains via youtube a youtuber needs audience

Dnacademy could sell domains via their youtube channel as could domainsherpa both have over 1000 youtube subscribers etc

But the best way for domain name investors to sell domain nanes is to sponsor

Vanlife youtube channels with over 20000 youtube subscribers etc

•••
basically the best platform to sell domain names is on youtube

Example

A person gives a video tour and thorough explanation of a narrowboat and uploads the video to youtube to 15000 youtube subscribers

(Its a uk thing)

The narrowboat sells in 30 mins no commission fee

But to sell domains via youtube a youtuber needs audience

Dnacademy could sell domains via their youtube channel as could domainsherpa both have over 1000 youtube subscribers etc

But the best way for domain name investors to sell domain nanes is to sponsor

Vanlife youtube channels with over 20000 youtube subscribers etc
Sounds scammy as hell. No thanks.

•••
This was brewing for a good year and not the first time we heard DAN was threatening to not do business with SAV names at least 6 months ago on the DAN thread. By Dan’s information it seems they gave them a last chance to rectify whatever the issue was.

If you read between the lines it would seem SAV is not as cooperative and easy to deal with as other registrars in the transfer process (Epik and NetSol were mentioned as examples- neither is cut off)

I am sure DAN did not take it lightly and did not do it over a small spat. They want to make money like everyone else.

•••
•••
tons of people are joining sav .good prices...tho I doubt prices will last .. but tons of people joining sav and tons of people using dan...spells out a very problem situation affecting 1000s..now its getting serious.. apparently dan and sav prefer fighting like children on playground.. disregarding 1000s affected clients ..

they should know better.

this is biz. u do what is best for yer clients.

a big blemish on both sav and dan is how this goes down in history

Last edited:
•••
tons of people are joining sav .good prices...tho I doubt they will last .. but tons of people joining sav and tons of people using dan...spells out a very problem situation affecting 1000s..now its getting serious.. apparently dan and sav prefer fighting like children on playground.. disregarding 1000s affected clients ..

they should know better.

this is biz. u do what is best for yer clients.

a big blemish on both sav and dan is how this goes down in history

Maybe domainers should use tried and true registrars and not just go for cheap. You get what you pay for.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe domainers should use tried and true registrars and not just go for cheap. You get what you pay for.

what u never go for promotions.. ? namesilo started small too..they all did

regardless of registrar choices this changes nothing to what I said... useless childish arguing between 2 companies that should do best for clients. too bad.

•••
I use Sav.com Marketplace. It is going better everyday.

•••
•••
I use Sav.com Marketplace. It is going better everyday.

well let's face it... the only reason people go there is the com io and couple more below avg prices... I personally do not bid on their auctions.. but some do...tho seems buggy

either way... I do not believe they can sustain these prices... which might then result in mass exodus. and sav slipping into land of forgotten...unless they keep people long enuf at good prices..improve product enuf..then people just get used to a place.

•••
DAmN how SAVage

Last edited:
•••
•••
I did not receive an email either...that speaks volumes to me as user of a platform.

•••
This was brewing for a good year and not the first time we heard DAN was threatening to not do business with SAV names at least 6 months ago on the DAN thread. By Dan’s information it seems they gave them a last chance to rectify whatever the issue was.

If you read between the lines it would seem SAV is not as cooperative and easy to deal with as other registrars in the transfer process (Epik and NetSol were mentioned as examples- neither is cut off)

I am sure DAN did not take it lightly and did not do it over a small spat. They want to make money like everyone else.

Most likely this is the reason.

I transferred a domain to Sav from Name.com last week. Name.com notified me right away on the day, but Sav started processing/accepting the transfer just yesterday, and still on the process as of this writing. Probably the transfer takes two weeks.

Last edited:
•••
I transferred a domain to Sav from Name.com last week. Name.com notified me right away on the day, but Sav started processing/accepting the transfer just yesterday,

I am still trying to get a .xyz sold via afternic transferred, I am on 5 days now...

•••
I can't help but feel that disputes between these different services ultimately hit their own customers the hardest making it harder to transact domain name sales. It seems to go against DAN's own mission to make domain buying and selling as seamless as possible when they're adding extra roadblocks. @DAN.COM

•••
Back