Dynadot

Anyone that still have balance on PayPal, Withdraw like MAD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
They seized my $9600 balance. I usually clear my account. However, it's near payment day, I thought I'll just withdraw at once. I've been in business with them for years and is not doing anything risky, or so I thought.

As usual they ask for documents and stuff. Then they rejected what I sent and ban permanently. Of course I can give notarized copies and get my bank to testify. But that doesn't seem to be the real issue.

However, I found this URL on the web

http://www.paypalsucks.com/PayPalFormerEmployee1.shtml

I think paypal deliberately use obviously flawed anti fraud detection. So when legitimate people supply legitimate papers they can claim that it's fake or "risky" and seize money anyway.

Despite the fact that my payers are all legitimate I think they intent to grab all of my money.

I am going to sue them.

Meanwhile, I wonder if parking companies can wire money to Indonesia? I have a US bank account if they cannot.

Update: they can. There goes Paypal greedy 2.5% kurs. Even if it has to be more than $1k, who care. I'd rather park my money at bodis, parkingcrew, and voodoo than at paypal :D now.

How can people in Indonesia sue. Should I sue their subsidiary in Singapore?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Identity Verification is needed because of the potential for Identity Fraud, A big problem online, not only with PP.
But shouldn't you validate a person's identity the first time he signs up for an account? And not when he is already cashing out his money?

Plus checks can take 5-8 business days to clear in Australia (after depositing into a bank account, only method that is legal in australia) and foreign checks cost BIGBUCK$ to cash (Also at a bank, only place allowed to cash them).
Yes, i learned a lot about check fraud in "Catch Me If You Can" starring Leonardo DiCaprio.

•••
But shouldn't you validate a person's identity the first time he signs up for an account? And not when he is already cashing out his money?

Its cheaper for PP to reserve the severe validations for red flag situations. Soccer moms buying junior a back to school calculator dont require spending the PP man hours. Isnt it practically impossible to call PP on the phone because they dont want to pay phone ops? I did the 2 and 3 penny bank deposit years ago to get validated and that was enough, and I never had any problems pulling in parking hey day cash.

•••
Isnt it practically impossible to call PP on the phone because they dont want to pay phone ops?
That's one big issue with living outside the US. Phone bills do rack-up by the minute as they keep putting you on-hold, and having you call back again and again. Don't they use VOIP these days?

I did the 2 and 3 penny bank deposit years ago to get validated and that was enough, and I never had any problems pulling in parking hey day cash.
Yes, that's the best way to go. Tell Paypal to have your local bank check you out. Hard to open a bank account on false identity.

•••
That's one big issue with living outside the US. Phone bills do rack-up by the minute as they keep putting you on-hold, and having you call back again and again. Don't they use VOIP these days?
I used skype to call them. Very cheap.
Yes, that's the best way to go. Tell Paypal to have your local bank check you out. Hard to open a bank account on false identity.

After they return my money, I would offer them that. They usually return after 180 days. Will they return $9k? Who knows. I think they will based on others experience.

•••
Good news guys. I got my money back. My account is still permanently limited. Hiks hiks. What to do?

•••
Congratz!!! Glad to hear you got this resolved :)

So what was the process to getting it taken care of? How many hoops did you have to jump through, or did the time just run out and they returned your money?

Peace,
Cy

Last edited:
•••
I got to commend paypal for this. They always pay after 6 months unless they have reason to believe you are committing fraud.

So what I did is I tried to completely remain silent for the 6 months and do absolutely nothing. One guy accused me of copyright violation and bill my paypal email. Go figure.

I fixed that up too silently. It's too complicated to explain and I am scared that 1-2 article accidentally copied by a friend of mine would give a reason for paypal to seize $9600.

Now that my money is in my hand, I'll talk to that girl nicely.

•••
I got to commend paypal for this. They always pay after 6 months unless they have reason to believe you are committing fraud.

So what I did is I tried to completely remain silent for the 6 months and do absolutely nothing. One guy accused me of copyright violation and bill my paypal email. Go figure.

I fixed that up too silently. It's too complicated to explain and I am scared that 1-2 article accidentally copied by a friend of mine would give a reason for paypal to seize $9600.

Now that my money is in my hand, I'll talk to that girl nicely.
Ok, now I'm really confused, what girl?
And how does a copyright violation get disputed through PP?

This was an interesting thread, with valuable info posted... dont let it fade out with just a minamal explanation.

Peace,
Cy

•••
Do tell I am now interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

•••
Just a quick data point to share :).
A business I owned kept large amounts of money in PayPal simply because we did "trust" eBay/PayPal for the exact reasons you mentioned. We did one weekly "sweep" from our online sales into the bank, and had been doing this for years.
Then one night (~2:30AM) on the day before we always did our weekly sweep, I got an email saying that we were all of a sudden "high risk" and that they'd be holding the money for 180 days, at which point I could request that it be released. (Note: not even that it would be released in 6 months, but that I could request that it be.)
Now I'm still waiting for $118,192.54 to be released from PayPal, and I'm using a merchant account through my bank for a lower rate than I had through PayPal.
PayPal isn't perfect, and neither is any company their size. The problem is that they tend to be rather cavalier with how they handle risk/customers, and have no problem playing a heavier hand than needed (Game theory).
Back to lurk,
:gl:

Think of all the companies, all the people, on the net who do millions per month.
Who accept paypal!
Do you really think a company doing a million dollars a day via paypal is going to have paypal shut down their account?

Remember, paypal is owned by ebay!

Few years back, I don't know if it is still that way today, a simple form was on paypal to fill out if you saw you were going to be having like 25,000 or more in sales in a given time.

•••
Just a quick data point to share :).
A business I owned kept large amounts of money in PayPal simply because we did "trust" eBay/PayPal for the exact reasons you mentioned. We did one weekly "sweep" from our online sales into the bank, and had been doing this for years.
Then one night (~2:30AM) on the day before we always did our weekly sweep, I got an email saying that we were all of a sudden "high risk" and that they'd be holding the money for 180 days, at which point I could request that it be released. (Note: not even that it would be released in 6 months, but that I could request that it be.)
Now I'm still waiting for $118,192.54 to be released from PayPal, and I'm using a merchant account through my bank for a lower rate than I had through PayPal.
PayPal isn't perfect, and neither is any company their size. The problem is that they tend to be rather cavalier with how they handle risk/customers, and have no problem playing a heavier hand than needed (Game theory).
Back to lurk,
:gl:

What business were you in that kept 118k in a paypal account on a weekly basis? I need to change my business.

•••
•••
Thank you for the information, but it will be of great help if you can post why your money was seized and you were banned.

•••
What business were you in that kept 118k in a paypal account on a weekly basis? I need to change my business.

Yeah, no kidding! I'd like to know too.

•••
Not trying to teach any sneaky ways here but If you have that much transactions then why not keep multiple paypals. [Legit Multiple Paypals on your name, your mothers name, your sisters name etc etc etc]

Yes tax filing and other stuff does increase but I spread risk across the newer accounts and my old established accounts can only be used for receiving money from the people I know from years.

•••
The only reason these gangsters keep those high amounts of money (such as the mentioned 100K) is to work with it , earn the interest, and make more money. Millions are kept for months that way. People are ruined this way. Remember that not everyone can afford to wait for hundreds of thousands of dollars for six months and continue the business as if nothing happened.
I hate them, they force you to accept sometimes even illegal terms and conditions (compared to the laws in specific countries) but i need them to pay people worldwide. There are some alternatives but most people don't use them and prefer paypal (of course until they experience the same problems). So i am left with no other choice than using them and pray that my account doesn't switch to "High Risk".

•••
I think I'll send this to paypal:

D3YSHAYU4L5SY

Paypal should re-review my account. If not, all the fee that paypal could have made will go to your competitor, paxum and bank wire fees.

I think reinstating my paypal account would benefit both of us. It will benefit paypal even more than me.

My account is limited since last year. I already got my balance transfer to my bank. Thanks for that.

It's toward paypal's interest to rereview my account. Paypal often reopen accounts for some people with no chargeback such as I.

The case that gets my account limited says that my account is new. It's not new. I have 14 years history with paypal. I am one of paypal's earliest customers.

Moreover, paypal no longer holds my balance anymore anyway. Hence there is no need to fear that some disputes will happen and there isn't balance in the account. We both know by now that there are no disputes.

Also I have provided many documents, can provide more. In addition after 180 days there is no chargeback.

I am doing $10k business per month and it keeps increasing.

I missed my relationship with paypal. It'll be going to $20k a month. I only deal business mainly repeatedly with very few friends. Hence my account is actually very save.

My issue ID is

PP-001-809-613-206

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back