Dynadot

question Anyone hearing crickets lately? (xxx range sales)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

twiki

Top Member
Impact
I had a sudden stop of low-to-mid xxx range sales this month. None.

Since pandemic started, they sold nicely but in September everything stopped on this tier.

I'm cutting some fat off (about 1k names) and I'm not getting any sales on these while not renewing them when they expire. All listed low xxx range, I know for sure that price is not the problem.

I can't complain overall, as this month I've had a few very good 4-fig names. BUT. This is weird and unprecedented.

Anyone else seeing the same?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I even have several potential customers who said they are postponing all sales cause the financials are uncertain. Not that they don't need the domain, we'll discuss later but rather they need to get sure the revenue will not be needed elsewhere.

Edit: BTW, folks with different types of portfolios might see very different results

Last edited:
•••
Several fellow domainers have told me their sales went down, including "quiet" which is a word that makes me cringe.

My own sales went down as well (significantly) during the last 30 days. I have resumed selling low xxx range (several sales, one each day or couple days) but so far no 4-fig sales. These small sales are keeping the spirit up but not so much for any high hopes.

It continues to be weird, I must observe.

I believe the trend matches the "K" depression. Top firms go up, so are top domains. On the other hand domains catering for SMBs are going down in price and possibly in demand, as state funds have dried up and people find themselves closing the business and looking for a job.

If your sales continue to be booming, you might be the lucky dude with clients on the upward branch of the letter "K".

Last edited:
•••
BTW - one thing I tried and worked over the last days is this clearance price strategy. Give it a try, I recommend it, especially if you have a lot of supply and enough clearances.

I've rechecked sales list and I have 2 sales per day on average since then (for about a week or 10 days), so I've made quite a few bucks from mere clearances. Still no large sales, but I finally broke the glass of bad luck.

Edit: It also tells me that demand has definitely increased on pricing <$100 so my $75 sales are quite numerous, which hasn't been quite like that in the past.

People still need domains, perhaps even in large numbers than before, but have or are willing to commit less money, on the lower tier. (broke or nearly-broke SMBs will definitely fall in this segment).

Edit2: Maybe we need to simply adjust, when things aren't going as they used to be. At least that's what I do. Adapt.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back