NameSilo

Any study about parking ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

asset.domains

Established Member
Impact
hello all,

want to know if there are some stats or real life tests where people parked for example 50 or 100 domains at 3 different parking operators and found differences , or this industry names was good at this parking and so on , of course the tevenue can be variable based on time ,but some stat data would be appreciated : )

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There have been many threads about that over the years. I think the best thing to do is try out different ones with your portfolio. Every portfolio is unique.

Last edited:
•••
What is your goal exactly?

I'm only asking 'cause what you ask is nearly impossible. There are just too many variables involved

•••
What is your goal exactly?

I'm only asking 'cause what you ask is nearly impossible. There are just too many variables involved

the question is : parking revenue and source of traffic ( countries)

can be done ex : park 100 domains for 3 months at one 'parking' then 3 mo at another ... etc

•••
How would you know if the parking services that are being compared count the visitors the same way?
how would you also know if the revenue happens to be seasonal?
..or some backlinks (if traffic is based on backlinks) have gone
..or, whatever

comparison like that leads nowhere. What you should is what @Traveler suggested above: ie. since each portfolio is unique, you should try your domains on each parking service to see what is best for *your* domains

•••
How would you know if the parking services that are being compared count the visitors the same way?
how would you also know if the revenue happens to be seasonal?
..or some backlinks (if traffic is based on backlinks) have gone
..or, whatever

comparison like that leads nowhere. What you should is what @Traveler suggested above: ie. since each portfolio is unique, you should try your domains on each parking service to see what is best for *your* domains

about seasonality : at least 2 years are needed :) but the domains can be sold ... , but anyway, maybe some ideas will arise .., and i agree that each portfolio is unique.

•••
about seasonality : at least 2 years are needed :) but the domains can be sold ... , but anyway, maybe some ideas will arise .., and i agree that each portfolio is unique.

I really wish you luck
Things on parking change so rapidly that, roughly every 6 months, I totally change my parking strategy nearly from scratch.
Note that my experience comes from 'pure' parking, ie. no typos or trademarked traffic.

•••
@Hyper , how many times a year you change parking ? ( no TM and no typos ) what is ideology to chang the parking ? no revenue for 1 mo : then change , or what ( per domain / per category ?? ...)

•••
I use above.com. What that means is that, part of my portfolio is being handled by them for optimisation purposes. So, my changing parking services is something that happens constantly as above.com sees fit.

To answer your question though,
one important reason that people change parking services is low revenue. I believe this happens to all, ie. when they see the revenue dropping then they just switch to another service for a while to see how it goes

It's important to note that -from my experience only- it's best to switch services now and then, some domains that earned low on one service a few months ago might earn higher now, etc.

•••
hmm, ok, but how many time have You waited so far to make a switch ? ( now , and not when You started domaining ) :))

•••
hmm, ok, but how many time have You waited so far to make a switch ? ( now , and not when You started domaining ) :))

I didn't get what you mean tbh. I already mentioned that above.com handles the switching and not me.
My portfolio is split into three groups:
a. domains that are handled by above.com (vast majority of my domains)
b. domains that have proven to earn stable revenue on one parking service (so I have moved them there permanently). Those domains are very few btw.
c. domains that are intended for sale and have a permanent redirection to a market (currently afternic)

can you rephrase your question after the new info I provided?

•••
thx again, i mean you wait in general a fixed amount of time before deciding that the domain will give you a stable amoumt of parked revenue ? what is the time period that will ifluence your decision to change the parking service if the domain is not giving enought return... ?

•••
I think your best bet is to check nameserver changes that oocur with certain parking companies. A study would not give much insight as things can change for the better or worse with time.

The ones that lose clients, or rather domains that stop using those parking NS, should be avoided. You'll find that those parking companies parking revenue swings widely and i figured it's because they are finding it hard to maintain (or improve) the traffic required by their ad providers to be competitive.
When you notice people from parking companies snapping at their users... that is usually a sign that you should avoid them completely. Typically also very slow/ not helpful with support.

Other than that, Sedo and Afternic is not a place that you would consider if you are looking to generate money from parking. If you are using these two, your focus is more on the sale of your domains.

If you are looking to sell domains mainly and earn parking revenues-I'd avoid those sales platform that may have access to your leads and take them to sell their own domains to.

That said, if I had to choose one parking company that provides a nice balance, that is, allows you to earn good revenues, as well allow you to handle your inquiries for selling your domains (via a banner or form), I would recommend Bodis. Bodis has always been consistant, and most importantly are not interested in your sales leads. Plus, they are very friendly and respond really fast to support tickets.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back