NameSilo

Another NO RESERVE seller ignoring rules on Flippa

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SeaLink

Established Member
Impact
Just wondering if I'm wrong.....
I saw a "no reserve" auction on Flippa for a .io name with 13 mins left. Rather than do the $1.00 bid thing, I (probably stupidly) bid $21.00. As I always do, I sent a pm to the seller asking that they acknowledge my bid. Of course the auction ended without him approving my bid and 2 mins later I got a pm asking for my bid. I replied that it was $21, as he knew and he said, "hey, I relisted, submit your bid, and btw my reserve is $100. I sid, "kinda slick of you to fail on your NO RESERVE bid." His response was "no way I'm selling for 21 when I paid 40 for the name."

I happen to feel the selective adherence to the rules at FLIPPa is total bs. This has happened to me many times. I've been told the seller has the right to refuse bids based upon the sellers history..... Oddly enough, I have over 100 transactions with a perfect record. I've definitely overpaid in the past and I've also given names away for nothing. I think that selective adherence to rules is bs.....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've sold domains here at $1. That's the chance you take and i honor each and everyone. That's the game and you have to pony up.

•••
Bids From Reputable Members Should Be Accepted Automatically .
I agree, in a no-reserve auction especially. I understand if a buyer has a negative rating/feedback/history, but for someone without a bad rep, they should be approved in all No'Reserve auctions!

•••
I've sold domains here at $1. That's the chance you take and i honor each and everyone. That's the game and you have to pony up.
Perfectly spoken! :D

•••
  1. So if for example you are the only person to bid on an item advertised atno reserve the very first and final bid would be one cent, unless you chose to bid a higher amount to start with. Ebay does not really enforce sellers to actually sell an item for no reserveeven if advertised in the auction that way. This is ebay of course but the definition of no reserve should ring true and mirror ebay auction rules. Just my opinion.

•••
it is illegal plain and simple, in any jurisdiction with a truth in advertising law. and there are many jurisdictions.

the people who lie and say it isn't illegal are just the same people who lied to you in the first place by calling it an auction.

•••
Well, In a no reserve auction, I lost over $616 of my total investment at flippa. The urge to not honour the rules was there but then, I have always valued my name more than a million dollar.

Thus, I went ahead and transferred the name. When you lose money, it's not the end of the world.... There will always be another chance to make another. You learn from previous mistake and move on.

Did the lose affected me badly? Yes it did. But I am still breathing....

•••
Well, In a no reserve auction, I lost over $616 of my total investment at flippa. The urge to not honour the rules was there but then, I have always valued my name more than a million dollar.

Thus, I went ahead and transferred the name. When you lose money, it's not the end of the world.... There will always be another chance to make another. You learn from previous mistake and move on.

Did the lose affected me badly? Yes it did. But I am still breathing....
That's very good to choose to show honor and gain respect as a seller and person. Many sellers don't understand the value of respect in the selling world, especially the domain world where we might deal with the same people over and over again.

Since you showed that you valued the respect of your buyers over money, I guarantee that you have gained that buyers respect. Plus, who knows who else the buyer told about you and your great selling ethics.

Gain the respect and dignity of buyers as you are doing and you will have a great reputation, and you can't put a dollar amount on that.

I commend you in your decision to choose that the value of your good name was worth more than abusing the system to get a few bucks more! You have great business ethics and that's nice to see. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back