Dynadot

Another .COM offer from you friendly neighborhood registrar...AlpNames! $.5.99, no limits.

NameSilo
Watch

AlpNames

Established Member
AlpNames Staff
Impact
Hey guys,

Per the thread title, all .COM registrations are $5.99 at AlpNames.com until further notice (no coupon needed). As with previous promotions, we are limited in the total number of domains we can sell at this price, but we are confident that "stocks" should last for a little while at least...

Please note that this offer is available for first year registrations only, NOT additional years, NOT renewals and NOT transfers.

Enjoy! :xf.cool:

EDIT: ALL THE PLEADING AND PUPPY DOG EYES GOT TO US - TRANSFERS ARE NOW ALSO $5.99!!! (You're welcome)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey guys,

Per the thread title, all .COM registrations are $5.99 at AlpNames.com until further notice (no coupon needed). As with previous promotions, we are limited in the total number of domains we can sell at this price, but we are confident that "stocks" should last for a little while at least...

Please note that this offer is available for first year registrations only, NOT additional years, NOT renewals and NOT transfers.

Enjoy! :xf.cool:

EDIT: ALL THE PLEADING AND PUPPY DOG EYES GOT TO US - TRANSFERS ARE NOW ALSO $5.99!!! (You're welcome)

hi there.. can you be so kind and explain the lifecycle of domain on alpnames after it expires.. til when can we renew it on alpnames for no fee. how much is fee after... when does it disappear from our panel? til when can we get auth code after expiry.. and til when can we transfer out aftr expiry?

let's do this for .com only please for clarity sake.

thanks!

•••
Transfer price showing $8.75/year/domain name.
Perhaps the transfer in promo has ended.

•••
•••
Price has increased and your promo banner says June 30

•••
Yup - don't understand this

Last edited:
•••
Hi guys,

Per the OP, unfortunately "stocks" were limited...it was intended for the promo to run until tomorrow but we are a victim of our own success. The promo was so popular that we have exhausted all of the domain names that were available at the promotional price point. We understand that this might be frustrating for those that missed it, but we will very likely run another promo at some point soon.

Thanks!

•••
Thank you @AlpNames - we love that you included transfers, you were the ONLY registrar running this promo that did transfers also.

Looking forward to the next promo already : smile :

•••
How many domains did you transfer?

Thank you @AlpNames - we love that you included transfers, you were the ONLY registrar running this promo that did transfers also.

Looking forward to the next promo already : smile :

•••
Hey Alpnames,

I tried to register some names to you, but run into some problems. I tried multiple times, and I was not able register a few names because sometimes your system claimed them to be premium, "charging me" about $1000, while other times said right price, however showed as $0 in check out (kinda deselected). In the end I just gave up and registered my domain somewhere else.

Those domains I registered are now still listed to you as available/premium, while most of the others (i guess about 12) are shown as "unavailable".

•••
@Alpname
I have been charged full on two domains where as it should be charged promo prices.
order numbers are 77271501 and 77270013 please check and issue the remaining amount as refund.

•••
i signed up just yesterday to enjoy the promo but unfortunately it was late

•••
It was a limited sale and I posted prices, don't worry I am sure there will be some other super deal @ Alp Names :)

•••
@AlpNames

oddly enough, for this promo, while was stil on, I was NEVER able to register domains in .com that were just appearing on expired domains on that day... on expireddomains.net

this kept happenign for I'd say 4-6 hours past their expiry.. I was able to register them elsewhere, on other registrars, without issue.. and right after they appeared on expired site.

any thoughtS?

•••
this kept happenign for I'd say 4-6 hours past their expiry.. I was able to register them elsewhere, on other registrars, without issue.. and right after they appeared on expired site.

The same issue with bigrock, nettigritty and many. Mostly they all are pdr (public domain registry) resellers / using the same panel. Their API is very slow and will update only 5 ~ 6 hours later the domain expired.

•••
Would like to know the official reason from @AlpNames as well, it is only during promos utilizing PDR, not when non-promo you are direct registrar, correct?

The daily drop delay also occurs at the DomFam, although it will show available, then error when trying to pay, will say taken.

•••
Are transfers still $5.99 ?

•••
•••
•••
•••
Interested in transfers? is it dead?

•••
•••
Would like to know the official reason from @AlpNames as well, it is only during promos utilizing PDR, not when non-promo you are direct registrar, correct?

The daily drop delay also occurs at the DomFam, although it will show available, then error when trying to pay, will say taken.

We use Logicboxes (effectively PDR's own software) as our backend, so even when registering direct through our own accreditation, all registry connections are via the Logicboxes system. This delay was not an issue that we were aware of, and we will raise it with the Logicboxes team. Thanks.

•••
@AlpNames Any update on daily drop domain availability delay issue. I think this help us, as we all use many of PDR Resellers

•••
Does AlpNames show expiring domains and offer a way to buy them before they get dropped? (Like Name.com, namesilo, etc.)

•••
@AlpNames Any transfer promo? Im sure tons of people will transfer in their names today if there will be one for 5 $ and less.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back