IT.COM

All LLL .nl are gone!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just to inform you guys...it looks like that all LL and LLL.nl are registered now!
Quite impressive for a country with 16mil people I think.

What do you think about the value of this extension in the future.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.nl has a great future and is going very good.
We are a cat 1 SIDN member here in Holland and reg directly.

I do would like to ask you what your source is?
because, its almost impossible to a total LL or LLL.nl check

•••
I checked a few domains on their website, and within about 5 lookups, it says "too many requests" grrr :td:

I don't think that they are all taken, cause I checked zqx.nl and it said 'Requested' which by their definition means:

requested: an application for the '.nl' domain name is being processed
(Source: http://www.sidn.nl/ace.php/c,728,43...eid=CHECKED&domein=zqx.nl&zoek.x=24&zoek.y=10)

So this may mean that they are having applications and will be accepted/declined?

- Luke

•••
Jiblob said:
I checked a few domains on their website, and within about 5 lookups, it says "too many requests" grrr :td:

I don't think that they are all taken, cause I checked zqx.nl and it said 'Requested' which by their definition means:

(Source: http://www.sidn.nl/ace.php/c,728,43...eid=CHECKED&domein=zqx.nl&zoek.x=24&zoek.y=10)

So this may mean that they are having applications and will be accepted/declined?

aout zqx.nl I think there is a legal issue about it.
Normally you see Requested only when a domain is in the registration process
and thats only a few min's

- Luke

Hi luke,

Thats why I was wondering that.
As a member of the SIDN we can check 100s a day.
( we had to get approval for every ip in the office )

and still we have a limit!
as such i was wondering how you can check all and make a statement like that.

about zqx.nl I think there is a legal issue going on.
Normally you only see "Requested" when a domain is being registered
and thats a only a few min's

Last edited:
•••
faisj said:

Hi luke,

Thats why I was wondering that.
As a member of the SIDN we can check 100s a day.
( we had to get approval for every ip in the office )

and still we have a limit!
as such i was wondering how you can check all and make a statement like that.

about zqx.nl I think there is a legal issue going on.
Normally you only see "Requested" when a domain is being registered
and thats a only a few min's

Ah, ok then that would explain it. It was just one that I randomly thought up as I decided that people may not want the 'undesirable' letters, so it seemed the obvious choice :)

I certainly agree that it is a big statement and it would good to see some solid proof.

- Luke :tu:

•••
I'm sure the names who says "Requested" now will be registered.
If a name is on status "Requested" there are sometimes problems with the DNS of the registrar.

And faisj; there are some ways to do multiple checks, and there are atm 0 free LLL.nl (all registered or requested).

•••
nesfreak said:
I'm sure the names who says "Requested" now will be registered.
If a name is on status "Requested" there are sometimes problems with the DNS of the registrar.

And faisj; there are some ways to do multiple checks, and there are atm 0 free LLL.nl (all registered or requested).

Hi nesfreak.

the domain was regged in 2000 and is still in the requested stage as on
this moment.

Ps. could you explain me hoe you do these multiple checks

Kind regards,

Faisj

•••
The regged date is not correct, due to new DRS4 register system that SIDN uses.

Multiple checks can be done by proxy's, other website services, smart scripting etc.

But on topic:
What do you guys think of the .nl in the near future...

•••
It's true .nl is strong for a country specific tld but for domain traders they are losing their value. We just recently passed the 16 million citizens and 2 million domain name mark. That's just too many websites for so few people.

At least with an english website you'll get visitors from around the world. With a dutch site at the most you get a few extra dutch speaking belgians.

•••
.nl is one of the largest TLD in terms of registration figures.
.nl is popular in the Netherlands. Not surprising all LLL are taken. IMO the future is bright for this ccTLD.

•••
sdsinc said:
.nl is one of the largest TLD in terms of registration figures.
.nl is popular in the Netherlands. Not surprising all LLL are taken. IMO the future is bright for this ccTLD.

It has been very succesful but I think that will be the reason it will fail. For example if you compare searches last month for the #1 sports in the US compared to Holland:
Football 480,000
Voetbal (soccer) 3220

I admit it's from Yahoo and the dutch don't use them much but that's the kind of traffic you can expect with 2 million sites.

•••
nesfreak said:
The regged date is not correct, due to new DRS4 register system that SIDN uses.

Multiple checks can be done by proxy's, other website services, smart scripting etc.

But on topic:
What do you guys think of the .nl in the near future...

This is also a bug in DRS4? ( in dutch: *zucht*)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back