NameSilo

All domains are useless so there should be no appraisal for domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Show me a valuable domain and let's discuss....

There should be no appraisal for domains... only websites worth the appraisal...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Pig wrestling "tag". lol whoo came up with that. Lmao lol. I got my laugh too today from this thread

•••

I think I'll mosey on over to the adult threads and tell domainers why they shouldn't reg p0rn domains and set up adult sites.

NOT!

If OP thinks domains are so worthless, then one has to wonder why he's here.

Just to rile things up?

Perhaps.

However, his basic premise is a non-controversy.

•••
I guess the easiest way to attract views to own persona and signature links - is to make a complete non-sense ridiculous statement thread and see 10's of us to reply to it trying to convince the OP that the Earth is round!

Like, hey guys, I just bought namepros.com, but I don't think it is worth $100 that I spent, could you please appraise it and where do I think should I park it?

•••
A domain is worth nothing until a buyer buys it.

Look at the domain marketplace here and other forums.
How many never sell.

Same with domains that are developed.
A lot of them put up for sale never sell.

Until a buyer comes along either willing to pay the seller price, or come to an agreement with the seller, domains and sites can be said to be at a point in time as worth nothing.

best post in this thread imo. The intrinsic value of any domain is 0, demand from other people is the only way a domain has value.

•••
Not all domains are equal. Maybe 1% would sell, therefore have intrinsic value. Supply and demand.
But most appraisals are for handregs, and from newcomers. In general regfee is the appropriate answer but not always.

•••
Domains are not useless. Because you need a domain to resolve your website IP address, so people can easily find you.

Unfortunately, domain names in specific extensions are just one, and only one, in this planet. Once you got it, no one else can own a copy of it.

So if more than one 1 person wants to own exactly the same domain name, then it begins to have COMMERCIAL VALUE. Because you can SELL that domain to the other guy who needs it.

APPRAISAL is the attempt to put a PRICE on your domain's commercial value. And this is where the argument begins.

If your domain has NO COMMERCIAL VALUE (meaning, no person in his right mind would even want it from you), then its appraisal price is $0. And you get angry.

But if you have s STRONG DEMAND for your merchandise (whether it is a piece of land, your domain, or your used underwear), then the appraisal price RISES. And you get happy.

So the question is: How do you get a STRONG DEMAND for your domain?

For many people who own GARBAGE domains, you can PROJECT the image that your domain is valuable using MARKETING (like tagging the word "premium"), or you can use INTIMIDATION tactics to put pressure on buyers by jamming their brain function. One intimidation tactic, is putting TIME LIMITS on negotiations. When humans are under time pressure, they become slaves and would gladly lick your dead toenails to get the deal through.

•••
Domains are not useless. Because you need a domain to resolve your website IP address, so people can easily find you.

Unfortunately, domain names in specific extensions are just one, and only one, in this planet. Once you got it, no one else can own a copy of it.

So if more than one 1 person wants to own exactly the same domain name, then it begins to have COMMERCIAL VALUE. Because you can SELL that domain to the other guy who needs it.

APPRAISAL is the attempt to put a PRICE on your domain's commercial value. And this is where the argument begins.

If your domain has NO COMMERCIAL VALUE (meaning, no person in his right mind would even want it from you), then its appraisal price is $0. And you get angry.

But if you have s STRONG DEMAND for your merchandise (whether it is a piece of land, your domain, or your used underwear), then the appraisal price RISES. And you get happy.

For many people who own GARBAGE domains, you can PROJECT the image that your domain is valuable using MARKETING (like tagging the word "premium"), or you can use INTIMIDATION tactics to put pressure on buyers by jamming their brain function. One intimidation tactic, is putting TIME LIMITS on negotiations. When humans are under time pressure, they become slaves and would gladly lick your dead toenails to get the deal through.

game over OP, thanks for playing

•••
If I own some "garbage" domains, I do not give up to ask for opinion of others, even they say $0.
There is no shame. Everyone have to start somewhere. I respect your opinion, but everyone else should have the option to get appraised they domains, even useless domains.

•••

At least a post making sense on this thread... after everyone bites the bait... :D

Last edited:
•••
At least a post making sense on this thread... after everyone bites the bait... :D

...they may have bitten it, but didn't swallow it hook, line and sinker.

I did not participate because something smelled fishy about your contrivances. Now you just confirmed my suspicions. Adios, muchacho...

•••
HTML:
I did not participate because something smelled fishy about your contrivances. Now you just confirmed my suspicions. Adios, muchacho...

Nah.... no contrivances here.

Just another "think before you post" thread that backfired.

•••
For most domain OWNERS (Not domainers, there is a Difference) there are only 2 Appraisals
1/ Their Domains $Millions
2/ The rest $0

Domains and Websites are very similar to Real estate.

You can have a very valuable prime piece of land with a Cardboard Box on it which reduces the value overall.
Or you can have a 4 Storey 15 bedroom MANSION on a block of desert 300 miles from anywhere that is worthless because of the location.

A fantastic, extremely well done website is wasted on fadohja87872jkkkjsd788.crap.

Exactly as an Article Spun WP site would be detrimental to a valuable domain (YES there is such a thing) like I.net (Owner a member here)
or Sex.com (I was going to buy that but it had an 'x' in it)

You state that only websites have value which is incorrect. The search result potential and the resultant visitor income is enhanced by the use of an URL like GreatSite.com rather than the alternative 123.45.11.133 IP address. It is hard to advertise and promote phone numbers without adding the difficulty of promoting ip addresses. Large sites using dynamic, multiple and geo-targeted IP ranges would be impossible to promote!

Silveraden as a Domain owner you need to realise & learn the complex issues regarding the usage of domains before even considering yourself a DOMAINER.

Last edited:
•••
A land is a land... whether you cultivate it or not, its valuable and price per acre will continue to grow so comparison does not make sense...

A domain is an unknown person so provide me someone who is unknown but valuable....

Wow you must have got a hold of some really good drugs.

A domain is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. An appraisal is just a guess of what you think someone would pay. Really not sure how to answer your question.

Last edited:
•••
he is just here to try and get you to click on his sites

.......ayaw

•••
he is just here to try and get you to click on his sites

.......ayaw
Agreed! With useless Domain names like WeightLosser.net he needs all the help he can get.

Last edited:
•••
I actually agree.

Today I asked some of my domains to cook me dinner, another to turn off the television and another to press my pants.

Needless to say I'm in my boxers, hungry, and wondering how he did meet his mother.

They're a waste of time <--Does that count as an appraisal?

Last edited:
•••
anyone that works from home online knows pants ARE a waste of time and even boxers are optional.

•••
perhaps he should have named the thread "i registered a .tel" i am sure it would have got just as much attention .......napaka gusto ka

•••
anyone that works from home online knows pants ARE a waste of time and even boxers are optional.

And here I though I was the only naked domainer :P

•••
You don't even need to bathe either. It's a waste of water.

•••
•••
Seems like good topics are getting hard to come by.

•••
Seems like good topics are getting hard to come by.
I think it's because everything there is to know about Domaining, has already been talked about perhaps.

Just like the .COM is King topic... dies down, then gets revived after 3 months, dies down again, then revived yet again, ... in the end, you'll probably hang out more often on the coupon codes section instead. lol

•••
I think it's because everything there is to know about Domaining, has already been talked about perhaps.

Just like the .COM is King topic... dies down, then gets revived after 3 months, dies down again, then revived yet again, ... in the end, you'll probably hang out more often on the coupon codes section instead. lol

The .com is king topic will return bigger than ever once the gtlds appear everywhere

•••
I already did that and sold it for $12K 6 years ago so no need to tell me...

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Why are you so particular with my sites? Are they making your rear itchy? Jealous or what? Can you say something without mentioning any of them? I just noticed :D

They've been here even before you joined this forum so what's the deal? If you don't like this thread then just go away instead of making personal mention on my sites... I told you whether they are useless or not its none of your business... I don't care whether you sold a million dollar domain..

Proof it.
Claim without proof is nothing

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back