IT.COM

All black Friday and cybermonday deals here.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

aditya agrawal

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

I am creating this thread so that everyone can find all black Friday and cybermonday and share in one thread.

Please share domain and hosting deals that you find around and coupon codes if any.

I will consolidate all the deals in this thread in this first post so that everyone can get all deals at one place.

Cheers,
Aditya

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Same thing happened to me, they deleted my account without any notice. When I checked my domain I couldn't believe it was already registered by another domainer.

It is written in their TOS that they can delete the domain within first 30 days.
Looks like I won't be taking any more business to them.

•••
Shout out to NameCheap for the great sale prices. The servers do get overloaded but they seem to work hard to deal with it and keep giving cool sales every year. It's a good idea to add funds to your account ahead of time. It was nice back in the day GD had .99cents all the time but now it takes a huge sale at another registrar to get that price.

•••
Yeah this black friday was a huge let down. Only thing 99% of the places had was crap domains on sale that no one wanted to begin with.

•••
no renewal or transfer deals was very disappointing.

•••
Decided to give NameCheap another try after I said I was done with them.

Tried to take advantage of the .98 dot com, net deal about 3 times today.

Each time I had domains in my cart and then lost them and got an error page.

This time it worked, kind of.

I had 4 domains in the cart - 2 dot coms and 2 dot nets.

At check out only 2 domains were at .98 cents the others were somehow changed to regular price.

When I removed the regular priced domains from the cart it rearranged the prices so that only 2 were at .98 cents and the others were changed back to regular prices.

There are major problems with NC's system.

So I only got the deal on 2 domains and wound up paying regular prices on the others.

Not exactly the deal they advertised.

Actually they did say in the small print at the bottom of the deals page:
"Hourly deal limits apply on a per-customer basis. Deal limits per customer per hour are 10 domains (2 domains for .com, .net, and .org deal); 10 PremiumDNS subscriptions; 2 hosting plans; 5-10 SSL certificates depending on the hourly deal. Private email plans are unlimited throughout the promo. When customer limit is reached, products will be added to the cart at regular price."

So I believe that part of the system was technically working ok. But I also had major problems throughout the day with various types of server errors and not knowing what had and hadn't been registered. Also it was frustrating knowing only an hour in advance which deals would be available (apart from at the beginning of the sale, when the next few hours' deals was announced). But I did get some ultra-cheap .com domains and hosting package...

•••
•••
Lets hope they come with a good cyber promo tomorrow

•••
Think i got 33 names from name.com now

•••
•••
Actually they did say in the small print at the bottom of the deals page:
"Hourly deal limits apply on a per-customer basis. Deal limits per customer per hour are 10 domains (2 domains for .com, .net, and .org deal); 10 PremiumDNS subscriptions; 2 hosting plans; 5-10 SSL certificates depending on the hourly deal. Private email plans are unlimited throughout the promo. When customer limit is reached, products will be added to the cart at regular price."

So I believe that part of the system was technically working ok. But I also had major problems throughout the day with various types of server errors and not knowing what had and hadn't been registered. Also it was frustrating knowing only an hour in advance which deals would be available (apart from at the beginning of the sale, when the next few hours' deals was announced). But I did get some ultra-cheap .com domains and hosting package...

As I said in my post "I had 4 domains in the cart - 2 dot coms and 2 dot nets"

I was aware of the limits and did not exceed them, but I still had problems.

•••
As I said in my post "I had 4 domains in the cart - 2 dot coms and 2 dot nets"

I was aware of the limits and did not exceed them, but I still had problems.

My initial understanding of the small print was the same as yours, but I think Namecheap could justifiably say that they are referring to a total of two domains in the particular deal just for .com, .net and .org domains, which was offered once every few hours. It would be good if they could make this clearer....

•••
namecheap cyber monday deals start in next 5 minute guys...

•••
namecheap cyber monday deals start in next 5 minute guys...
Crap, I just checked and I had a .com in my cart, added about 45 minutes ago...just in case the 1st deal was a .com deal. Of course, someone (through NameCheap) registered it. Not available.

•••
Crap, I just checked and I had a .com in my cart, added about 45 minutes ago...just in case the 1st deal was a .com deal. Of course, someone (through NameCheap) registered it. Not available.
It's a good idea to check at a different registrar in case Namecheap has put a temporary block on registering that domain.

•••
I don't think NameCheap special is for .com right now.

•••
No .com, net. or .org in the first three hours of Cyber Monday at Namecheap - That was also the case on Friday. But unlike Friday, they are not announcing their first few deals in advance so we have to check every hour...

Apart from Namecheap's hourly deals, has anything of interest come up for new/transferred .coms?

•••
on Black Friday, .com, .net, .org deal often @ 9 or 12 (am/pm) EST. Guess that today is the same

•••
It's a good idea to check at a different registrar in case Namecheap has put a temporary block on registering that domain.
No, it was my own mistake (stupidity). I don't have a clue what the date is. Evidently I registered it on Black Friday at around the 11 o'clock mark. So, I have the domain.
I also discovered a domain in my account that I tried at least 6 times to get on Friday, but it kept Failing. So, I'm not exactly sure when it appeared, but it is there. (I'm not even sure if I paid for it, but I tried to.)

•••
I don't think NameCheap special is for .com right now.
They don't (or didn't)..and I think they will wait for several hours until they can get customer service reps working to deal with the onslaught. I just wanted to have my domains ready just in case they decided to surprise us (since they didn't pre-announce the first deal too much earlier than the start).

•••
What happened to the $3.99 for .com registrations on name.com?
[edited to correct typo]

Last edited:
•••
What happened to the $3.99 for .com registrations on name.com?
[edited to correct typo]
still going on. enter cybermonday code
just registered one .com

•••
@CJ6 - I too have tried to register a name, be super bummed when I see it's taken, then later find out it's me!

@Yaffa - should still work https://www.name.com/cyber-monday says ending Nov 28th, or see below and use enom for $1.99

Hint for everyone:
A good trick to see if you own a domain behind protected whois is to use custom default nameservers, then when you run a whois check, even if the info is hidden you can see your correct nameservers. Of course you have to have custom nameservers AND make them the default for all new regs on all your registrars.

ENOM UPDATE:
If anyone still wants to grab deals from enom through Wednesday, 11/30/16, I finally figured out that if the promo is NOT active, it is a reseller enable issue. The easiest fix is register for a new account. I finally did and VOILA there were the promos ETA: make sure you are on enom.com for the new account

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thanks - there was a typo in the code I was trying to enter at name.com and the correct one still works fine...

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back