Dynadot

Alexa Rank

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Does anyone pay much attention to Alexa Rank when inquiring about buying/selling websites? I mean, is that significant? For instance, zandale.com is ranked at alexa 462,000 roughly, but that doesn't tell me much. If I were to sell it (which I am not because it makes money) then would the rank be a factor to some when trying to negotiate a selling price?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I often consider Alexa stats when buying and selling, BUT an Alexa ranking cannot be a substitute for seeing the actual site stats.

Alexa can only give you an indication of traffic to a domain. If you can see the actual traffic stats on a domain, there is less of a need to check Alexa.

The traffic graphs at Alexa may be helpful in knowing if the site is in a rise or a decline.

•••
Thanks RJ. Check out zandale.com's alexa stats for me and give me your opinion? It appears on the rise, but not many page views so it is rather confusing to me as to where I am actually benefiting. Make any sense? f you could suggest a good stat provider please advise. Thanks a million.

Last edited:
•••
When you're viewing the alexa info for a domain, click the "See Traffic Details" link.

If the domain is in the top 100,000 it will have a nice graph that is the best way of telling if a site is on the rise or decline.

Otherwise, you can check the traffic rank below the graph.

Traffic rank:

Today: 233,357
1 wk.: 226,467
Avg. 3 mos.: 462,459 <--- your current Alexa ranking
Avg. 3 mos. Change: 3,397,290

What these numbers mean -

Your current rank (462,459) is a three month average of your daily traffic ranking. For example, your ranking for today only is 233,357. If your traffic were to remain the same as today for the next three months, your Alexa ranking would rise to around 233,000.

Also telling is your "Avg. 3 mos. Change". This shows that three months ago, your Alexa ranking was in the mid 3,000,000's.

So I can deduce that your site is on the rise trafficwise.

•••
RJ,

Thanks so much for helping me out with that! I really, really appreciate that explanation. I kinda had an idea of what each meant but that part about "current ranking for today" and the outcome if it were to stay near that for 3 consecutive months really gave me a better idea of how they break that down. Extremely useful. Thanks again.

LSU

•••
Besides Alexa is unaccurate in websites with a rank higher of 100,000

•••
•••
•••
My Aerosmith site has a ranking of 43,184 as a three month average. The numbers should increase for the next few months while the band is on tour. I peak in the 20,000s usually.

http://www.aerosmithfans.com

(Now if I can EVER get the time to finisn all the lyrics and sound clips! Miles to go before I sleep...)

•••
Namepros is at 6,550 thats actually very high :)

•••
Originally posted by Darkfire001
Namepros is at 6,550 thats actually very high :)

True, being in the top 10,000 websites is quite remarkable!
Especially when DN speculation is such a niche category.

Cheers!

•••
I agree.
this forum has quite the rank ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back