IT.COM

strategy Alert potential buyer that others are being prospected.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JeffreyL

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

I am wanting to eMail prospects that may be interested in some of my domains. I have heard it recommended that you let prospects know that you are also contacting others that may also be interested.

How can I word the eMail in such a way that they are aware that I'm contacting others but not make it sound like a hard-sell. Just wonder if any of you have been down this road and found subtle ways of doing this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
when you let one entity know that you are contacting others, with the same intention and same domain name, then you are admitting to being a spammer.

imo.....

•••
Subtle? I have found being direct is the way to go:

Subject options:
  • [domain] - Action Requested
  • [domain] - Time sensitive
  • [domain] - Last chance
Body template:

[Customized intro / pitch that mentions the domain name]

The price is $[X] and available for immediate purchase on a first-come, first-served basis (reply "sold"). Otherwise, it will be sold for the highest offer that we receive in [Y] hours from now.

Please reply with your best offer or reply "sold" before anyone else. This domain name will be sold and off the market indefinitely in [Y] hours.

Best regards,

[Full Name]
[Company Name], [Company Title]
[Work Phone] [Mobile]

This strategy is similar to a blind auction.

•••
If you've received a favorable offer on the domain name, then mention it at the top to guide their offer:
  1. We have an offer on the table of $[Z] to purchase [domain].
  2. We have an existing offer to purchase [domain] in the four-figure range.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back