NameSilo

Afternic...the inextricable mystery...and DNS too actually

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Now...I promise...I swear... I tried my best to work Afternic out....but I couldn't..

I don't know if I should blame the " sliding website " which gives me motion sickness every time or the unfriendly uneasy unhandy un un un un ...interface not to mention the ineffective filters and that changes must be done domain by domain...really...I am crying out for help!!!!!!!

I have always received offers from Sedo but NOTHING has ever happened in the Afternic Jungle so could you guys please open your toolbox full of magic tricks and help me out?

Why do I have to set a minimum offer of 250$ for example? This is just one of the 3 zillion questions I have..

Thanks to all of you pros..

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Most of my sales come from my own site. In terms of other markets I've sold some at Sedo, GoDaddy and Moniker a few years ago. I did use afternic a few years ago but today basically just using my own site, DNS which puts them on GoDaddy/DomainTools and Sedo. Like the sales banners at DNS as huge and then I just redirect them to my own site. Get quite a few leads from DNS GoDaddy distribution as well. I should probably list direct on my priced ones at GoDaddy but enjoy being lazy with the general inquiry GoDaddy forms that DNS uses.

Last edited:
•••
•••
interesting..now see dns...here and click on the banner link

•••
•••
I like DNS too, but they don't accepted me.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

They are the best.

That's what I have been told so let's see how it goes...

•••
Amazing..

Owner and CEO :)

139127ceae68.png

•••
lmao

Also..one of the thing I love is that all the background images are from Italian cities..by default!!! I haven't changed anything!
...It must really be my place this DNS!!!:hearts:

Last edited:
•••
You might be right RU but i am not parked with them. I am with DNS and desperately trying to finf the frigging link to my portfolio!!!! Couldn't people make their websites a bit easier to use???

So now if someone can help with DNS it would be very appreciated!

I find the DNS's user interface for sellers really awful. Same goes for aftermarket.com.

•••
Good! can you tell me what kind of names and if you set a BIN or a " make an offer " ?In your experience what kind of buyers tend to use Afternic?Thank

I sold 2 cloud names quite recently for $8K and.$7.5K

I didnt set a price and a broker at Afternic contacted me asking me to set a price as someone was interested.

I set my price and they bought them straight away

•••
I think this thread brought me luck. I received notice today that Afternic finally sold one of my domains. :) Let's see how it goes...

•••
CONGRATS DISCO!!!! Now it's my turn!!!

•••
CONGRATS DISCO!!!! Now it's my turn!!!

Thanks. :) I'm going to hold off the celebrations until the money is in my bank account, but I'll let you know how things go.

Btw, did you notice stronzo.com on godaddy auctions today? :D

•••
Thanks. :) I'm going to hold off the celebrations until the money is in my bank account, but I'll let you know how things go.

Btw, did you notice stronzo.com on godaddy auctions today? :D

LMAO...no I didn't!!!!

let me know how it goes with your sale. Fingers crossed!

•••
I think this thread brought me luck. I received notice today that Afternic finally sold one of my domains. :) Let's see how it goes...

Man, I hope some of that %%- rubs off on me, I sure do need it!

•••
LMAO...no I didn't!!!!

let me know how it goes with your sale. Fingers crossed!

So... I just received an email notifying me that the domain has been paid for (YAY!). They had me log into my account and do 2 things: 1) confirm that I would be transferring the domain and 2) Select my preferred form of payment.

I'm now supposed to wait for transfer instructions. So far, so good. I'll keep you posted about how the rest of the process goes...

•••
Just noticed GD say after 30 March Sedo MLS domains won't appear at GD so GD want you to list domains at Afternic. Is GD Auctions (hate it) the only way to list domains at GD without Afternic?

•••
Just noticed GD say after 30 March Sedo MLS domains won't appear at GD so GD want you to list domains at Afternic. Is GD Auctions (hate it) the only way to list domains at GD without Afternic?

If you want your domains listed on GD auctions, you should always list them there yourself manually. If you list them through Sedo, or Afternic, you pay a higher commission if a sale happens. Why would you want to do that?

•••
They had me push the domain to Afternic's escrow account at GoDaddy. That makes me happy since it means that I won't have to worry about the buyer dragging their feet about initiating a transfer.

Now let's see how long it takes for payment to be made...

•••
What I noticed is that if list your names on Afternic then they appear on GoDaddy auctions with a minimum offer of 250$...which doesn't make me very happy

•••
The push was accepted and they told me they'd be paying me tomorrow. That went rather smoothly. :)

•••
Was looking at signing up on Afternic and saw this forbidden in the listings TOS:

(2) words alluding to the ingestion of illegal substances;

Even more stringent terms apply to parking names there - is their parking any good?

Looks like certain types of names can only be listed on Sedo.

•••
Was looking at signing up on Afternic and saw this forbidden in the listings TOS:

Even more stringent terms apply to parking names there - is their parking any good?

Looks like certain types of names can only be listed on Sedo.

Yes they have some restrictions but you can submit your names anyway then they will automatically detect the combinations of characters that are " suspicious " and manually verify them. Then they will let you know or you will see in your dashboard what is actively listed and what is not.
You can always write them an email to understand why they didn't accept a name and try to make them review their decision.
Sedo is definitely more loosened

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back