NameSilo

Afternic suspended my account ( Need help from namepros community )

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Hireinternet

Top Member
Impact
Hello Pros,

Afternic suspended my account without telling reason. Everytime when i talk to support they say the can not unsuspended my account. I sold a domain on 20-Sep-2018 via Fast transfer domain transfered and payout sent. But i did not received the payout due to my bank issue. I was in contact with afternic agent and payment took 2 month to bounce back and than they sent again and i received the payment. After few days the suspended my account. I did not any fraud or sold locked domain but do not know why they suspended and angry on me everytime the say

"As the account has been permanently suspended, we will not be able to reinstate it nor allow further use of our platform"

I read all threads here and everyone's account got unsuspend after they request.

Please help! I want to get back to afternic.

Regards

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Tagging @GoDaddy & @Paul Nicks

(If they're able to look into it, they will probably ask you to DM your account info + open support ticket #)

Last edited:
•••
Hi @Hireinternet (and thanks to @Chris Hydrick for tagging us)
We're sorry to read that your account was suspended, however, there is no action we're able to take through a public forum.

The decision to suspend an account is not taken lightly, and the circumstances will have been investigated fully. Afternic's support team has responded that the account has been permanently suspended and they will not be able to reinstate it.

You may be able to get more insights into the suspension by calling Afternic's support team (the number is available through https://afternic.com/contact).

Last edited:
•••
Hi @Hireinternet (and thanks to @Chris Hydrick for tagging us)
We're sorry to read that your account was suspended, however, there is no action we're able to take through a public forum.

The decision to suspend an account is not taken lightly, and the circumstances will have been investigated fully. Afternic's support team has responded that the account has been permanently suspended and they will not be able to reinstate it.

You may be able to get more insights into the suspension by calling Afternic's support team (the number is available through
The decision to Lock down Brent Oxley's domains for a year was taken lightly.....hmmmm...

•••
IMG_6039.png

Same reply again :( not even telling why my account got suspended. Asked 100 times which violation i did, same reply as below. Very sad! @GoDaddy

•••
@GoDaddy

The client says he has done nothing to violate your policies. He sold a name, there was a bank issue to withdraw, it got fixed, you paid. So why have you suspended it? Why can't you disclose the clear reason to him? Which policy exactly has he violated?

Those arbitrary secret unexplained decisions don't help and create sense of insecurity about Afternic/Godaddy within the community.

•••
well obviously the issue is the failed payout ... the problems resulting from which could be:

1. the failed payment never got back to afternic. but they still decided to honor payout..took loss... and then banned u... it's anything but unheard of for some companies to do this..vs engage in some lengthy disputes or even just back and forths with support.

2. they got their money back and then paid u again but retained unpleasant memory of the 2 month hassle to wait for bounce back... in short they thought it might happen again and decided not to take chances.

for most of us being on afternic and get few sales is way more important than for them are a client or a few... cause gd makes tons of profit.... so just try to be witin rules cause they dont care about having an easy and quick ban trigger.

•••
well obviously the issue is the failed payout ... the problems resulting from which could be:

1. the failed payment never got back to afternic. but they still decided to honor payout..took loss... and then banned u... it's anything but unheard of for some companies to do this..vs engage in some lengthy disputes or even just back and forths with support.

2. they got their money back and then paid u again but retained unpleasant memory of the 2 month hassle to wait for bounce back... in short they thought it might happen again and decided not to take chances.

for most of us being on afternic and get few sales is way more important than for them are a client or a few... cause gd makes tons of profit.... so just try to be witin rules cause they dont care about having an easy and quick ban trigger.
I was in touch with afternic regarding payment issue. They said if they receive payment back, they will try to resend it otherwise nothing they can do. After two month payment bounced back and they sent again and i received next day. It happens with wire transactions sometimes. But suspending account without any warning or details is very bad. They do not care about customers!

•••
I was in touch with afternic regarding payment issue. They said if they receive payment back, they will try to resend it otherwise nothing they can do. After two month payment bounced back and they sent again and i received next day. It happens with wire transactions sometimes. But suspending account without any warning or details is very bad. They do not care about customers!
There should always be specifics. If what you posted above is all they gave you, links to terms and policies, that's just not the way to do things. I hate when companies do that. They should always be very specific, tell you exactly what the violation is. How in the world can you give an accurate reply, possibly fix it, if you don't have that.

Last edited:
•••
•••
There should always be specifics. If what you posted above is all they gave you, links to terms and policies, that's just not the way to do things. I hate when companies do that. They should always be very specific, tell you exactly what the violation is. How in the world can you give an accurate reply, possibly fix it, if you don't have that.
Exactly! I need details why my account suspended, which violation i did against their policy. But everytime every agent says our decission is final we can not re-open your account.

•••
Why bother?
Can't you just register a new account with another email address and payment method?

•••
Maybe @JamesIles can help. Reach out to him as he participates on NP.

Last edited:
•••
Why bother?
Can't you just register a new account with another email address and payment method?
I am not sure they will allow me to create another account. They might suspend again. All i want to unban my old account.

•••
I am not sure they will allow me to create another account. They might suspend again. All i want to unban my old account.

well there is the ip...
then new account would still have to have same old info for tax.. payout by paypal bank etc... just a bad idea

•••
The same thing happened to me on MailChimp before, with the same responses. I heard someone was also banned for life on Uber. It looks like this is a model used by big corporations who don't care about losing some clients forever.

While it might be efficient for big corporations, it is inhumane...Some people might get hurt badly by this. Even God gives second chances.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back