Afternic - Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GoDaddy

Established Member
GoDaddy Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros!
By popular demand, we have launched a dedicated feedback thread for Afternic, the GoDaddy-owned domain name marketplace.

We have created this thread as a way for you to tell us what works, what doesn't work, and what features you'd like to see at Afternic (please be constructive with your feedback). We're looking forward to hearing from the domain investment community to help us shape the future of Afternic.

We will also be sharing Afternic product updates in this thread.

Please note that this thread is not meant for support. Please email our support team at [email protected] for assistance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dear Sir,
Please resolve NS1/NS2 issues too..I mean redirecting to sales pages instead of showing ads to users.
What do you mean with "redirecting to sales page"? NS1/NS2 is supposed to show parking ads and a For Sale banner. What issues do you encounter using NS1/NS2?

Option 1: Request Price Lander

Our default recommended lander. Best lander for average priced to high value domains

Primary Nameserver: NS3.AFTERNIC.COM
Secondary Nameserver: NS4.AFTERNIC.COM

Option 2: Buy It Now (BIN)

Recommended for lower value domain names

Primary Nameserver: NS5.AFTERNIC.COM
Secondary Nameserver: NS6.AFTERNIC.COM

Option 3: Park with Afternic and use a For Sale Banner

Recommended for domains with the potential to earn ad revenue and high buyer inquiry volumes

Primary Nameserver: NS1.AFTERNIC.COM
Secondary Nameserver: NS2.AFTERNIC.COM

Last edited:
•••
Like You said: this is a key "NS1/NS2 is supposed to show parking ads"
but it not showing ads or just sometimes ads and sometimes sell page just like in ns3/ns4. So You losing views/clicks from parking. In other words, the issue is that You should have ads on Your page but You see Request Price Lander or Buy It Now (BIN) on ns1/ns2.

•••
but it not showing ads or just sometimes ads and sometimes sell page just like in ns3/ns4. So You losing views/clicks from parking. In other words, the issue is that You should have ads on Your page but You see Request Price Lander or Buy It Now (BIN) on ns1/ns2.
Okay thanks for the additional explanation. That sounds like a pretty messy situation.

•••
Sometimes my ns5.afternic.com/ns6.afternic.com names show the ns3.afternic.com/ns4.afternic.com landers... It is quite strange.

•••
Okay thanks for the additional explanation. That sounds like a pretty messy situation.
Yes it is and many people have this problem and maybe, even more, do not know that they have it, because they don't pay attention on this.

•••
Yes it is and many people have this problem and maybe, even more, do not know that they have it, because they don't pay attention on this.
Please call them if it's possible for you :)

•••
They mostly don't have accounts on NP we have a Facebook group for contact but I can call them to make accounts here it's unnecessary to resolve this problem.

Last edited:
•••
Still all names i am trying to add are already listed, and very few that are not listed are going to pending review (usual name numbers or words).
You have to think for the txt verification

•••
Dear GD/Afternic, you have to seriously think of domain verification while adding names by seller accounts..

Recently i am getting dynadot and namecheap fast transfer requests for approval and when I checked, somebody has listed my domains at high BIN in afternic..

So is it the credibility of such a large marketplace owned by GoDaddy..?? Anybody can list any domains without permission or knowledge of the actual owner?

Note: I have not listed these domains in my afternic account because these are approved premium by some brandable market places.So the other seller that took advantage of my non listing of particular domains and listed simply as his own..

So am I supposed to send mail to afternic support everytime for removing these domains ?? Evenif it is removed by afternic for that seller,some other can again add these domains without any verification..

Also if the actual owner approved the fast transfer and if domain gets sold from other seller account,how worse the situation be? Because the domain will automatically transferred to buyer by the registar..

So it is an endless headache for actual owners and endless fun for spa**ers

We are in the era of AI everywhere now and please stop these useless listings by non owners..

Hope that many other genuine sellers also facing these issues

•••
@GoDaddy @James Iles

There is something seriously going wrong in Afternic.
They are not receiving some of my payments.

During the last week, I bought six domains. 3 out of 6 payments never appeared in Afternic.
The payments were completed normally from my side. I even kept the order confirmation, because the same problem has happened to me before.

It’s been some days now and I have received no email from them. No received and no other confirmation.
Also, the domains I bought are still listed in Afternic.

UPDATE
7 days and 34 emails later.
I just got this answer to my missing payments:

Regarding zv**.com and vz**.com, our Support Team cannot confirm that the aforementioned domains have been purchased. You can also check in the domain purchase tab of your account as the domains do not appear there.

xz**.com - the bid was lost and therefore you were not able to proceed with purchasing the domain name.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Regards,
Helki
Afternic Transaction Assurance
A GoDaddy Comapny

@GoDaddy

This is one more deficient reply, with no mention to the money I paid for these 3 transactions.
I really don't understand what I'm supposed to do.

I have provided them order confirmation and the domains still appear in my "Offers Made" tab with their status as "accepted".

If order confirmation is not enouph to prove a purchase, why do they exist?

Also what does "the bid was lost" means?

Last edited:
•••
Dear GD/Afternic, you have to seriously think of domain verification while adding names by seller accounts..
Thanks for your feedback on domain verification. We're actively working on this and we'll update you all when it's live.

This is one more deficient reply, with no mention to the money I paid for these 3 transactions.
I really don't understand what I'm supposed to do.

I have provided them order confirmation and the domains still appear in my "Offers Made" tab with their status as "accepted".

If order confirmation is not enouph to prove a purchase, why do they exist?

Also what does "the bid was lost" means?
Could you email those domain names you mentioned, along with your Afternic ID to [email protected]? Thank you.

•••
Also I just noticed my whole GoDaddy account appears in Spanish.
Is it some bug? I didn't change anything since yesterday.
I m in Greece and I have no connection with Spain

•••
To clear the are what happens with verifications is this:

At Dan and Sedo especially if you use a registrar with bulk dns edit, can list thounds of names at once, if you provide correct TXT names will be removed from the old accounts and will be added.

At GD there is text verification BUT, if name is already listed by other appears in red and can not be listed even if TXT record is correct, huge caveat, should check first TXT .

At Afternic there is nothing, need to provide screenshots from registrar along with text/excel lists

•••
Also I just noticed my whole GoDaddy account appears in Spanish.
Is it some bug? I didn't change anything since yesterday.
I m in Greece and I have no connection with Spain
probably a bug - You can change it by scrolling down to the bottom of the page and change country

•••

At Dan and Sedo especially if you use a registrar with bulk dns edit, can list thounds of names at once, if you provide correct TXT names will be removed from the old accounts and will be added.

At GD there is text verification BUT, if name is already listed by other appears in red and can not be listed even if TXT record is correct, huge caveat, should check first TXT .

At Afternic there is nothing, need to provide screenshots from registrar along with text/excel lists

You are right..before 2 decades itself sedo listings are enabled with verification for each domain listed by a seller..now we are in 2023 and still Afternic yet to implement this effectively and let's hope they will do it at the earliest..

•••
Thanks for your feedback on domain verification. We're actively working on this and we'll update you all when it's live.

Thanks for the update 😊

But I am looking for a clarification from you and please clarify...

A domain owner A with an Afternic seller account and he has a domain X and he has not yet listed his domain X into afternic also.

Another domain seller B lists this domain X into his seller account without A 's knowledge because there is no verification in afternic listing process.

Domain Owner A gets fast transfer approval request from registar and A approves it by mistake or purposefully.

A domain buyer C buys this domain X from domain seller B and domain is transferred to buyer C as it is fast tranfer enabled. domain Owner A lost his domain from his registar as it was pre-approved for fast transfer.

In this scenario, will seller B get the payment (after commission) of the domain X sold to the buyer C?

Or how the original domain owner A is safe guarded by your system in this transaction?

Thanks

Last edited:
•••

Continuing on this:

When we try to add listings, programmatically should check first if name is already listed by us and by mistake we try to re add, then after this check if TXT Record is correct. If Correct TXT then remove listing from the other account listed (if listed) and add to our account. Now GD checks if listed by anyone first, and if listed rejects it!

It is just 2 "if ... then else conditions", even an amateur - hobbyist programmer would correct it, do not know why after a decade problem still exists.

Last edited:
•••
At Dan and Sedo especially if you use a registrar with bulk dns edit, can list thounds of names at once
This is true for DAN because each user has a unique NS definition. However, this is not always the case for Sedo; most of the time it cannot verify via DNS change and requires TXT record.

It is just 2 "if ... then else conditions", even an amateur - hobbyist programmer would correct it, do not know why after a decade problem still exists.
Classic Afternic still uses the inherited ColdFusion application running on top of the Java infrastructure. That's why it's not very intrusive.

As far as I understand, they are using .NET framework over the existing database for the new beta version. So it looks like it will take a few more years for the full transition and critical features to settle in.

•••
Dear Sir,
Please resolve NS1/NS2 issues too..I mean redirecting to sales pages instead of showing ads to users.
In this case issue what will happen when ad provider will see drop down of views? Let's say now Your domains drop down with views becouse there is redirect for sale page and no ads even 50/50 could flag account for bad traffic not even talk about revenue. Correct me if i'm wrong.

•••
Hello NamePros!
By popular demand, we have launched a dedicated feedback thread for Afternic, the GoDaddy-owned domain name marketplace.

We have created this thread as a way for you to tell us what works, what doesn't work, and what features you'd like to see at Afternic (please be constructive with your feedback). We're looking forward to hearing from the domain investment community to help us shape the future of Afternic.

We will also be sharing Afternic product updates in this thread.

Please note that this thread is not meant for support. Please email our support team at [email protected] for assistance.

When you sale a domain, how long does it take to process the transfer and how long does it take to get paid?

•••
How can I see the number of views from the domain that I listed on Afternic.
Can Afternic make it?
Thank you

•••
How can I see the number of views from the domain that I listed on Afternic.
Can Afternic make it?
Thank you
on what NS servers You listed domains ?

•••
•••
•••
Anyone else have trouble signing into Afternic Dashboard?

I am getting this error and refreshes to Create Account Profile page.
1679696121739.png

•••
Back